Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Book Cover Requests

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,207 (2207 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 44 45

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (mariachhile) | 8772 comments Mod
If you want somebody to make a book cover for you, post it here and anybody can try to make one if they feel like it.

Put it in this format:
title:
pen name:
ideas:
what it's about (if you have no ideas for what you want it to look like):

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

title: Shadowless
pen name: Ally H
ideas: I was thinking about a lone girl (with no shadow) surrounded by faint images of things like her mother, dragons, other mythical stuff....
what it's about (if you have no ideas for what you want it to look like): You can read it here http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

message 3: by ♫Krista♫ (last edited Jul 28, 2010 03:27PM) (new)

♫Krista♫ (kristabobista) | 2156 comments title: Falling Death
pen name: Krista Caselli
ideas: I was thinking a black and white picture with a splash of color. Black and white parts would be a hand reaching out and the splash of color would be a posy flower falling?
what it's about (if you have no ideas for what you want it to look like): Well, the gist of it is a war between Angels and half demonic essences. It's a trilogy and this is the first book, so not a lot happens. But I want to incorporate posy flowers and falling I guess of the main character, Katrice. But I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. If you have an idea go for it! My mind is drawing a blank.

message 4: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 1495 comments title: A Compilation of Poems and Lyrics ((I know, I'm hopeless))
pen name: M.C. Dawes
ideas: None.
what it's about (if you have no ideas for what you want it to look like): Well, it's not a novel, but the vast majority of the poems are depressing but a few are just silly.

message 5: by Isaac (last edited Jul 29, 2010 01:10AM) (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Put it in this format: Imprint MT Shadow (or anything else that would look cool)
title: Force of Nature
pen name: E.P.S.
ideas: None
what it's about (if you have no ideas for what you want it to look like): About four junior high kids who can control the four forces of nature: water, earth, fire, and air

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 870 comments Title: Death by Roses
Name: Ellen Penley
Genre: Mystery/Thriller

What's it about:

- Aimee (brown hair, blue eyes) moves one year later after a tramatic night that leads her to the discovery of three murders and involved in them. But even though the muderer is put away mystery follows her futher still. But on a school camping trip she finds a fellow classmate mudered- and with one eye covered with a white rose petal, her forbidden memories and suspicions arise and Aimee is left to trust those who may not be trusted.

(That was a blurb I made up on the spot. I have the story outlined but that's it!)

Ideas:

I kind of have an idea that I can't really draw to words, so if you don't get me it's cool :D Okay: I was thinking that you could have her blue eyes and some face depending on the space available at the top, a white rose in the middle, and the beginning of a lake where you walk through, and you could fade it all together. Or you could just get a girl holding a white rose and fade it into the lake... I dunno. But if you could have the white rose somewhere on the picture that would be great. It's the most important part of the story. Hench, Death by Roses. Lol.

But do what you want if you have any ideas :D

Hi! Just sayin something.

these are just suggestions. People get busy. Don't feel bad if yours doesn't get done.

Emily! I spent two hours on this. And it sucks. Sorry. But I'm posting it anyway, even if I can't make book covers.

Tell me if you want anything changed, I saved it at several intervals so I can change little things :)

[image error]

message 9: by Acacia (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) This thread is going to be an EXCELLENT timewaster.

Ally, I made a cover for Shadowless. Tell me if you like it! :D

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Title: The Half-Blood
Pen-Name: Cassie DiNozzio
Ideas: Anything that reminds you of vampires will probably be awesome. So long as it doesn't sparkle. This is the cover I made, but I want to know if any of you guys can make one that I like better.

Mae wrote: "The two main websites you use to make covers were picnic something and something else, right? What was the other one, and was picnic like piknik or picnik? o.o"

www.fotoflexer.com and it's picnik

message 12: by Acacia (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) I use picnik for all the effects, and fotoflexer when I need to recolor something. Unfortunately fotoflexer makes my computer run terribly slow.

In any case, here! Book cover for Death by Roses, requested by Ellen somewhere way up the thread. Not exactly what she asked for but I saw the picture and thought it would fit. Ellen, tell me if you want any changes made. I can do that. :D

message 13: by Acacia (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) Thank you!

And for Emily! I might have gone a little overboard with the special efffects - I was experimentin'. Hehe. I can tone it down if necessary.

Title: Changing Shadows
pen name: Maria Chrysanthe
Ideas: none whatsoever, but here's a little what it's about:
my MC is a demon princess, next to the heir of the throne. She is a reflection demon, so she has been Watching a 15 year old girl her whole life. Elvira finds out that her charge has the knife that she needs for the ceremony, a knife she murdered a ten year old boy with.

So she pretty much watches this cloaked girl out of a mirror realm and tries to get this enchanted knife that she killed the boy with back.

Haha sorry you don't need to do mine, if I'm being unclear. That's just the main thing and there's tons of other things.

Oh, and the girl is cloaked in all dark blue, and my MC has blond hair and green eyes.

message 15: by Acacia (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) All righty. As always, tell me if you want anything changed. :D

Hmm... I tried to do the Nightvision thingy. Let's see if it worked.

[image error]

Ahh you're right, these are super bright. Let's try one more time. :P

[image error]

message 18: by Acacia (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) Any of these?

[image error]

[image error]

[image error]

message 19: by Luna (new)

Luna (daughterofselene) | 87 comments Can someone make me a cover?

Title:Before the Crown
Penname:Luna May
Ideas:none
What its about:It's the life of Princess Ruby before shes crowned.Her planet is in war.Her planet is volcanic and the other is waterish.She has brown hair and brown almost black eyes.All the girls on her planet wear skirts(if it helps).

message 20: by Acacia (last edited Aug 11, 2010 11:54AM) (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) Tell me if you like it. :)

message 21: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jilljam) | 145 comments Artemisdaughter33 wrote: "Can someone make me a cover?

Title:Before the Crown
Penname:Luna May
Ideas:none
What its about:It's the life of Princess Ruby before shes crowned.Her planet is in war.Her planet is volcanic a..."

I found this photo and the girl looked like a princess so I made this for you, you don't actually have to use it if you don't want to though =]

If you want something changed I can try to fix it =] like color of font or whatever

KittyKitty Fompledump (Courtney) (eurosweetheart) | 1536 comments [image error]

I hope it works :P

message 23: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 22636 comments Mod
Title: What Happens Now
Pen Name: Lav Endar
Ideas: It's about a tornado that hits a school and a really depressed guy and a rebellious girl. He's a brunette and she's blonde. I was thinking a tornado on the front and maybe the two characters. I really don't care what it's like. I'm open to anything.

message 24: by check (new)

check Title:Vanish
Pen Name:Mae Owens
Ideas: an isolated island on a night when stars reflect in the water

message 25: by Micah (new)

Micah (micpegu) Title: Different
Pen Name: M.G.P
Ideas: Room with white walls, heart moniter thing, Guy with black eyes and blue hair. It's about a genetically engineered person.

[image error]

message 27: by Clarence :P (new)

Clarence :P Micki wrote: "Title: The IT
pen name: M.G. Pegs
ideas: black eyes

Thanks"

This is my first time EVER attempting at a book cover.
It's awful, but its the thought that counts, right? =P

And I was wondering...I used microsoft paint (which stank) to make this, what do you guys use (and how do you use it) to make covers??

message 28: by Clarence :P (new)

Clarence :P Here's a cover I made just now... I'm not even writing this book but I found this picture and it inspired me. =P

message 29: by Kim (last edited Aug 22, 2010 04:56AM) (new)

Kim Crowley (kimcrow) | 1893 comments I was like, should I, should I not... so then I was like as, why shouldn't I? My NaNo used to be called something different, so now all my old covers cant be used :/

title: Without You
pen name: Kimberley Crowley ((uh, please spell it right if you do do a cover for me O.o))
Ideas: i dont really have any preference here...
what it's about: uuh.. rough summery off the top of my head... - Keaira lost her family in a car crash on the way to the airport because her family is moving from London to Scotland, so she's sent to live with her aunt in Dereham. She blames herself and is pretty depressed because of it. She makes friends ect. and besically this is about her life after and how she's moving on and living without her family.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Title: Shadowless
Pen name: Alexandra Horton
Ideas: Hm. I like the idea of a young girls' (with straight white hair) profile (side view), surrounded by shadows and faded images of strange things, and a woman with white hair too, but as a faded image. Oh, and could the girl look sort of dreamy and sad. I don't mind if it's only her eye that is the side profile part.

message 31: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) | 466 comments title: The Atlatnis Archives

pen name: Kev White

ideas: A brewing water storm, or maybe atlantis destruction, possibly a diary falling into water

what it's about (if you have no ideas for what you
want it to look like): Its about life in the ancient city of Atlantis and how wonderful it is until zeus is upset starting a war with the gods (My other story the Guardian of the Gods follows thia) and then he decides to destroy Atlantis. Tons of things like earthquakes, fire, volcanic eruptions, storms, hurricanes, tornados, rising water, tons of lightning. It becomes a fight for Survival.

message 32: by Annemarie, hi (last edited Aug 25, 2010 07:36PM) (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 3393 comments Mod
Here's my rubbish attempt at a cover, Kim.

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 405 comments Juliet, is this okay, or do you want a diff. shade or something? :P They're sorta grey-ish, if you want that changed. http://i38.tinypic.com/1yu1ax.jpg

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 405 comments Title: Nowhere to Hide
Pen name: Riley Hawthorne
Ideas: Uhh... No clue.
What it's about (if you have no ideas for what you want it to look like): Pretty much just following the lives of these two people: Twenty-year old peacekeeper Conrad, and fifteen-year old Martin. Martin's been a vampyre for almost a year, but he still can't cope with who/what he is. Conrad is just trying to find out who's behind the murders in the small village of Amara, and doesn't understand Martin's connection to any of it. Soo....yeah. I apologize for the crappy explanation.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Title: Shadowless
Pen name: A. Horton
Ideas: Hm. I like the idea of a young girls' (with straight white hair) profile (side view), surrounded by shadows and faded images of strange things, and a woman with white hair too, but as a faded image. Oh, and could the girl look sort of dreamy and sad. I don't mind if it's only her eye that is the side profile part.

message 36: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) | 466 comments http://photo.goodreads.com/photos/128...

this is the cover for What Happens Now... I hope its good

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh dear. I royally messed up with Raven. Sorry, Talia.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

title: Tick Tock
pen name: Justyn Zeider
ideas: I really dont have anyone.
what it's about: Three kids are vampires and are destined to save the world in 30 Days. They never asked for this to happen, but it did, against their wills. They have to fight the Blood Thirsty, and destroy the big machine, The Sucker, which is on a very distant planet from Earth. it has the power to create a black hole to suck all of the Earth up, so they can create a new Earth, consisting only of vampires. They think they are saving the world, but they are wrong. These kids have 30 Days to destroy the machine and all 100 vampires on the planet, but there is many obstacles in their way. Will they be able to dodge them before they die? Find out in the very fist installment of The Vampire Bergade, Tick Tock.

message 40: by Kevin (new)

heres the cover for Tick Tock! Enjoy!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

title: Shadows
ideas: None...lol
what it's about: Everyone has a shadow, but the only difference from a real shadow is that you can't see it. Their is a light and dark world, and the shadows are part of the dark world, while the humans are part of the light world. Now, when the shadows home is destroyed, they want to take over the light world and become light themselves. But, humans can't let that happen. They have to fight an invisible force to save everyone. With the odds against him, Scorpio and allies go and try to fight the invisible force before the darklings find them. Also, their is the middle world, inhabited by the Betings, who want to defeat the dark. So maybe, the human race has a chance of surviving, if everyone lurks in the shadows.

message 42: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) | 466 comments lol here...

title: After the End
pen name: dont add one plz!
ideas: I made one with a gasmask which was cool.... maybe a wasteland picture or metro station
what it's about: Basically nuclear war destroyed Earth and this guy has to go on a journey for a cure for his sister and to rid of mutants and... he hunts for a way to save Earth

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Title: The Craze
Pen Name: Kaycee Graham
Ideas: Umm none this is what its about though

Allie's friends think her life is perfect,
But when she starts seeing The ghost of an unknown boy she starts to doubt the perfection of her life. As she goes through stages of thinking she's crazy to thinking she has a mental illness, something beyond her control is happening that will decide her fate, and she doesn't even know it .

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Mockingjay wrote: "title: Shadows
ideas: None...lol
what it's about: Everyone has a shadow, but the only difference from a real shadow is that you can't see it. Their is a light and dark world..."

I know xMagiCal was working on a cover but i just thought i would have a go at one

http://photo.goodreads.com/photos/128...

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Here we go!

The Craze cover for Kaycee.

http://photo.goodreads.com/photos/128...

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

... fail.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, try this.

Title: Undercover Magic
Name: A Horton
Ideas: NO IDEA.
Plot: See here http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

Simple synopsis:
Carrie is a girl who is a secret witch. End of.

message 48: by Kevin (new)

heres the link I hope its good.... im sad I think I failed

GOTTA GO
Bye!

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments Title: Scope
Pen Name: Jordan Hopkins
Ideas: idk
what its about: A detective from Philidelphia is called in to do a favor for his buddy, who is head of the FBI. He needs help solving the asassination of the president (which was covered up by the government). The case leads him through the subways of New York, the maze of a museum, and the jungles of Costa Rica. If you can think of a different name, I would appreciate it also, because my name sucks.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Jordan, the Picture Magician (aka Probie) wrote: "Title: Scope
Pen Name: Jordan Hopkins
Ideas: idk
what its about: A detective from Philidelphia is called in to do a favor for his buddy, who is head of the FBI. He needs help solving the asassin..."

I'll try. Don't laugh if it sucks.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 44 45
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.