What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Long novel set in Ireland about a group of friends growing up in Ireland.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:23PM) (new)

Julie We had to read it in college in an Irish history class. Very long, about a group of friends growing up in Ireland. I don't really remember when it was set, though it might have had something to do with the IRA. One character at the end is revealed to have been involved in something very secret.

Boring boring boring book.

message 2: by Andy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Andy Trinity by Leon Uris?

message 3: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Julie No, that's not it. This wasn't an author I'd ever heard of before or since.

I figured it would be too vague. I don't know why my brain is even trying to figure it out!

But thanks for trying.

message 4: by Deb (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Deb | 48 comments A real longshot - one of Anthony's Trollope's irish novels, such as the Kellys and the O'Kelly's, or The MacDermotts of Ballycloran, or The Landleaguers?

message 5: by Recynd (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Recynd | 18 comments You couldn't be thinking of "A Circle of Friends" by Maeve Binchy, could you?

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie I don't even remember starting this thread. Can this be deleted? Thanks to those who tried to help. It was so vague even I don't remember why I was looking for it.

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments If you want to delete it, Julie, you can go to

UNSOLVED > Long novel set in Ireland (edit)

and click on (edit) and from that page, down at the bottom, you can delete the thread. Otherwise, why don't I just move it now to abandoned. It will be in that folder if you want to get rid of it.

I'm thinking that if a thread hasn't had any posts, including bumps by the original poster, for 2 years, let's move it to abandoned.

No need to delete. The threads might help other members.

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie When I moved to delete it, it wouldn't let me.

Sorry for any confusion!

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Julie, No problem. Let's just leave it in this folder. I'm not much one for deleting. As long as dormant threads are out of the UNSOLVED folder, it's fine.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36916 comments Mod
Julie left the group; moved to Abandoned.