VAMPS-R-US discussion

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE VAMPIRE SERIES?

Comments (showing 58-107)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 107: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Tiffany (Vampoholic) | 3255 comments Mod
Surprisingly no, I saw the movies and loved them so much I was too afraid I would not like the movies as much anymore. LOL. And for real?! Wow. LOL

message 106: by Pisces19 (new)

Pisces19 | 196 comments Interview is wonderful, I haven't read it since I was a kid, though! I read it when I was in middle school and it was so sad, but good! Poor Louis! :P

The Vampire Lestat is a wonderful novel that delves fully into answering so many of the questions as to why and how and in what way the vampires exist. Everything Louis wanted and wished Lestat to be, he is that and more in The Vampire Lestat and you will find there is much more to the story than Louis ever knew. Queen of the Damned is by far my favorite though, what Lestat starts in The Vampire Lestat leads to an EPIC story and much mystery and surprise in Queen of the Damned. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!

message 105: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 50 comments I loved Interview with a vampire as yet i haven't read the other two

message 104: by Pisces19 (new)

Pisces19 | 196 comments She wrote only religious books for about5 years or so I think, but then she left the catholic religion and has gone back to writing about monsters! :P

I haven't read it yet, but it sounds interesting. Have you read any of her books? The Vampire Chronicles are still my favorite books of all time! (The first three specifically)

message 103: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Thanx hon!! I was talking with someone, and they said she decided against writing more vampire book because was into religion now. So, what, werewolves are more ethical? LOL

message 102: by Pisces19 (last edited May 28, 2012 04:26AM) (new)

message 101: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Hey didn't one of y'all tell me Anne Rice was coming out with a werewolf novel?!

message 100: by Jade (new)

Jade | 1 comments I go through stages on which ones my favourite right now its the chicargoland vampiress!

message 99: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (last edited May 21, 2012 01:06PM) (new)

Lisa wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "LMFAO!! Mine too!!! I WANT QUINN IN MY BED RIGHT NOW!!! *looks around shoulder making sure I wasn't overheard* lmfao"

*Hiss* Quinn is MINE"

Deceptions by Sean Hayden ;-)

message 98: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Check out Immortals After Dark first. LOL

message 97: by Rjsmommy (new)

Rjsmommy | 326 comments Joeera wrote: "Some of my favorite are

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene FrostQueen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1) by Dianne SylvanAfterlight (Dark Ink Chronicles #1) by Elle JasperTwilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie MeyerKiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley ColeDarkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1) by Dianne Duvall[bookcover:..."

Wow, I'm unfamiliar with a lot of these but I'll have to check them out!

message 96: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 50 comments Some of my favorite are

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1) by Dianne Sylvan Afterlight (Dark Ink Chronicles #1) by Elle Jasper Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley Cole Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1) by Dianne Duvall Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh All That Bleeds (Etherlin, #1) by Kimberly Frost Night of the Huntress (Brotherhood of Blood, #2) by Kathryn Smith

message 95: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

*sharpening claws and fangs* LOL

message 94: by Pisces19 (new)

Pisces19 | 196 comments Cat Fight!

:P

message 93: by Angie (Mind Malfunction) (last edited Apr 07, 2012 08:40AM) (new)

Angie (Mind Malfunction) (angieerickson) | 6 comments Hold on - I didn't say I would share Qhuinn or Blay with any of you. They're both mine! Besides, I gave up Z, isn't that enough!?!?!?!

message 92: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Me neither!!!!! She is truly my LEAST favorite

message 91: by Rjsmommy (new)

Rjsmommy | 326 comments Nah...I'm not a Butch fan except for the possibility of Vutch. I don't see how he is attracted to Marissa at all.

message 90: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Oh no no no no....I don't really like Butch that much. But I'm sure we can work something out in that department. Lmao!

message 89: by Rjsmommy (new)

Rjsmommy | 326 comments So you probably call Butch too..just so V can have an alternate universe happiness?

message 88: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

I know!!!!! I should be ashamed of meself, only I'm not!! LOL

message 87: by Rjsmommy (new)

Rjsmommy | 326 comments Now Tiff...that is just plain greedy :)

message 86: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Keep Blay cuz V is mine too. Lmfao!

message 85: by Rjsmommy (new)

Rjsmommy | 326 comments You can have both of them. But if we're allowed two, I'm stuck. Should I get V (my other favorite) or keep Blay so Qhuinn isn't lonely?

message 84: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Rehvenge and Zsadist are mine!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

message 83: by Rjsmommy (new)

Rjsmommy | 326 comments Rayna wrote: "I will solve the problem for you girls!!!!!!! im the oldest and therefore the most wise...... HE IS MINE!!!! lmao"

Sorry...I'm the oldest; therefore Qhuinn is mine :) Besides...don't you want Rehvenge?

message 82: by Rayna (last edited Apr 05, 2012 09:50PM) (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments For vampires im going to have to say i have 2 favorites.....one YA and one not!

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead is fabulous
Night Huntress/world by Jeaniene Frost (her witty lines kill me)

But my 2 favorite (other paranormal would be)
Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
Shifter Series by Rachel Vincent

message 81: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

SM, u will have a LOT more messin around with us!!!! LOL

message 80: by S.M. (new)

S.M. Johnson (SMJohnsonWrites) Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, hands down. But the Anita Blake series runs a close second. Been trying to get my greedy little fingers on the first book of the House of Night. And I see from this discussion that I have a few things to add to my TBR pile - yay!

message 79: by Pisces19 (new)

Pisces19 | 196 comments I agree with you D.N. I also like Jeaniene Frost's novels. I haven't really read very many series though. I've read a couple series all the way through. The Vampire Diaries, Twilight, and The Mortal Instruments Series (of which The Mortal Instruments was the best) and I have read a couple of the first books of several series and several books within several series (The Southern Vampire Series and the Vampire Chronicles being the main ones) but of all the ones I've read, I would say The Vampire Chronicles are my favorite, even though I lost interest during The Tale of the Body Thief and only read part of Memnoch the Devil, the first three books were excellent and I have an interest in going back and reading some more of the rest of the series sometime. Other than that, I also really enjoyed Twilight, but wouldn't say it was awesome, just enjoyable. Mainly because of Edward. And finally, gotta praise The Mortal Instruments Series, which was excellent and The Passage, even though only the first book is out so far in the series, I am eagerly anticipating the next book.

message 78: by D.N. (new)

D.N. Simmons (DN_Simmons) | 15 comments I'm also enjoying Jeaniene Frost vampire series. Being a writer, you want to be able to delve into someone else's imaginary world, see what they have cooking. LOL I like her characters and the plots keep me entertained.

message 77: by Dan , Deadly, dangerous and out for blood..... (last edited Jun 30, 2012 10:58AM) (new)

Dan  (dan2345) | 639 comments Mod
Hmmm....now favorite vampire series...

Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton Circus of the Damned  by Laurell K. Hamilton The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, #4) by Laurell K. Hamilton Bloody Bones (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #9) by Laurell K. Hamilton

And who could forget...
Interview With the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2) by Anne Rice The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles, #3) by Anne Rice

Oh, and even though I have only read the first book so far, this is an awsome series...
13 Bullets by David Wellington 99 Coffins A Historical Vampire Tale by David Wellington Vampire Zero A Gruesome Vampire Tale (Vampires, #3) by David Wellington 23 Hours A Vengeful Vampire Tale by David Wellington 32 Fangs A Final Vampire Tale by David Wellington

message 76: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Good one. ;-)

message 75: by D.N. (new)

D.N. Simmons (DN_Simmons) | 15 comments Anne Rice is one of my favorite authors. I loved her Vampire Chronicles.

message 74: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments it is a good series.....first drop of crimson was my favorite book of all.......Love me some Spade!!! lol

Angie (Mind Malfunction) (angieerickson) | 6 comments My favourite vampire series is definitely The Night Huntress Series. Love me some BONES!

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost

message 72: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Tiffany wrote: "Woo hoo!!!!!!! Win me some money? Lmfao"

ummmm no! contributed to the palm trees as usual! but did go shopping!!!!! yipee :)

message 71: by Janice (new)

Janice | 3 comments There are so many good books out there and I think the previous posts covered so many of them...you just can't wrong picking up any of them and digging in.

message 70: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (eclipticgears) | 1 comments for a long time "interview with a Vampire" and "The Mummy". Really enjoyed House of Night series, enjoyed Cassie Palmer book and can't get enough of Sookie Stackhouse. Waiting for next Guild Hunter novel but cant get into the Vampire Academy or Vampire diaries books. The romantic in me loved Twilight books but not too hooked on the films. Just started on the Blue Blood series.

message 69: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Lmfao! I think we ALL like that post. Lol

message 68: by ♡Kimberly♡ (new)

♡Kimberly♡ (SunshineCrazy) | 34 comments Laura wrote: "Good for you! I don't have an opinion on "Twilight." I think it's cool no matter what vamp series people adore. The only reason I haven't read it is cause I don't read YA. I need lots of hot se..."

LOL I like this post :D

message 67: by ♡Kimberly♡ (new)

♡Kimberly♡ (SunshineCrazy) | 34 comments LOVE AT STAKE

VA

message 66: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Woo hoo!!!!!!! Win me some money? Lmfao

message 65: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Tiffany wrote: "RAYNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I know......just got back from Vegas baby!!!!!!
Promise ill be on more now!

message 64: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

A couple more series', with sex! Lol

Darkyn Series...... If Angels Burn (Darkyn, #1) by Lynn Viehl Private Demon (Darkyn Series #2) by Lynn Viehl Dark Need (Darkyn, #3) by Lynn Viehl Night Lost (Darkyn, #4) by Lynn Viehl Evermore (Darkyn, #5) by Lynn Viehl Twilight Fall (Darkyn, #6) by Lynn Viehl Stay the Night (Darkyn, #7) by Lynn Viehl

Argeneau Series...... A Quick Bite (Argeneau, #1) by Lynsay Sands Love Bites (Argeneau, #2) by Lynsay Sands Single White Vampire (Argeneau, #3) by Lynsay Sands Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau, #4) by Lynsay Sands A Bite to Remember (Argeneau, #5) by Lynsay Sands Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau, #6) by Lynsay Sands The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau, #7) by Lynsay Sands Vampires Are Forever (Argeneau, #8) by Lynsay Sands Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau, #9) by Lynsay Sands The Rogue Hunter (Rogue Hunter, #1) (Argeneau, #10) by Lynsay Sands The Immortal Hunter (Rogue Hunter, #2; Argeneau, #11) by Lynsay Sands The Renegade Hunter (Rogue Hunter, #3) (Argeneau, #12) by Lynsay Sands Born to Bite An Argeneau Novel (Argeneau Vampires, #13) by Lynsay Sands

message 63: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

RAYNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 62: by Rayna (last edited Aug 28, 2010 06:30PM) (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Jennifer wrote: "I LOVE Lara Adrians Midnight Breed series, JR Wards Black Dagger Brotherhood, Christine Feehan Carpathian series and Jeaniene Frosts Night Huntress series."

i forgot oabout that one...Lara Adrian ranks VERY high on my awesome Vamp scale too!!!

Taken by midnight out on Tuesday and 2011 for deeper than midnight!!!

Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7) by Lara Adrian Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6) by Lara Adrian Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) by Lara Adrian Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5) by Lara Adrian Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4) by Lara Adrian Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8) by Lara Adrian Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9) by Lara Adrian

message 61: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

By who? What's the name of the series? I just read blood song. Which was pretty good, needed some sex in it though, lol. Just came out this yr too.

message 60: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Rivera (trivera68) | 6 comments Has anyone here read Blood Born? It's a first in a series. It just came out earlier this year. The next is suppose to come out next year. If you haven't read it it really is a worth while read.

message 59: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Laura, series' with tons of sex, just not so much n the first couple books........l.a. Banks neteru/vampire huntress, jennifer armitrout blood ties, jeanine frost night huntress, lara adrian midnight breed, laurell k hamilton meridith gentry.......ima steal a comp later and tell u some more. :-}

message 58: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hinagiku) | 2 comments i am reading blood promise and i am lovin it. my friend actually wants to borrow it. it was funny when she saw it she jumped up and down

« previous 1 3
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bloody Bones (other topics)
Circus of the Damned (other topics)
Blood Noir (other topics)
Burnt Offerings (other topics)
Flirt (other topics)
More...