Reading with Style discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > FA10 20.10 - Kiri’s 1st Place Task: Late One Night...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (last edited Sep 01, 2010 04:49AM) (new)

Sam (archieleach9) | 205 comments 20.10 - Kiri’s 1st Place Task: Late One Night...
Choose one book based on your solution to the mystery.

Rita the Reference Librarian was working late one Halloween night when she heard something eerie and went to investigate..... In the morning when Sabine (who came early to finish the shelving) arrived she found Rita dead. What happened in the library that night?

A. Lindsey the Library Ghost accidentally terrified her to death when they collided coming around a corner. Read one of the top 25 selections from the The Best Gothic Novel, Ghost Stories, and Early Horror: 1764-1973.
OR
B. She tripped on a suddenly living plant and fell headlong into the arms of Dracula's nephew. Read a winner from the 2005-2009 Stoker Awards for one of the following categories: Novel, First Novel, Anthology, Collection, Non-Fiction
OR
C. She died defending the Library from a sudden Zombie attack Read a selection from HWA’s Horror Reading List.
OR
D. The sound was the opening of an underground vault which releases an unknown horror hungry for librarians foolish enough to work late on Halloween when the library comes to life on its own. Read one of the top 25 selections from the Best Horror Novels.

Please include the list you chose your book from when posting points. While you may repeat this task, please choose a selection from a different list each time you do so.

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra I'm confused about how repeating this task applies to Combo points. Sorry if it's really obvious.

Suppose I complete this task using a book on list A. I understand that I'd have to use a different list to complete it again, but can I still claim Combo points using list A?

What about the other way around? Can I still complete this task with list A if I've already claimed Combo points using list A?

Finally, if I've used list A to claim Combo points, can I get additional Combo points for other books on that list?

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam (archieleach9) | 205 comments Yes, regardless of which list you use to complete the task itself, you can use each list once to claim for combo points.

message 4: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Sam wrote: "Yes, regardless of which list you use to complete the task itself, you can use each list once to claim for combo points."

That makes sense, thank you.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.