What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Unchained Hearts
This topic is about Unchained Hearts
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Christian romance-girl kidnapped by disfigured mountain man [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 14 comments I read the first few chapters of this book a few years ago at someones house. I can't remember very much. The guy was injured or disfigured in some way, so he didn't think that he could get a wife, so he kidnaps a girl to be his wife and cook and clean for him in his cabin in the mountains(I think). She had been out collecting something, or hanging laundry or some such alone, when he came riding up and kidnaps her. she tries to escape that night while they are camped, but he finds her very easily because he is a very good tracker. That's all I had read. I assume it's a Christian romance just because of who's house I found it in. possibly Mormon Christian romance. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I'd really like to finish the book.

message 2: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 53 comments I remember a book quite like the one you've described, only without the disfigurement. It's called "A Gown of Spanish Lace" by Janette Oke.

message 3: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 14 comments That's not the book, but it does look good.

message 4: by Leela4 (last edited Jul 26, 2010 09:58AM) (new)

Leela4 | 117 comments The first thing I thought of was a movie called "Cry in the Wild: The Taking of Peggy Ann". IMDb doesn't say it's based on a book, though.

Your description is probably going to apply to a lot of books.

message 5: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 14 comments probably

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1 comments The name of the book you have been looking for is one that I've been trying to find too! I just found it, it's called Unchained Hearts by Linda Ford. At least I think it's the book you're talking about.

message 7: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 14 comments definitely sounds like that could be it. I will try and find it and see. Thanks so much

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Katrina wrote: "definitely sounds like that could be it. I will try and find it and see. Thanks so much"

Katrina, Should this be moved to solved and shelved or would you like to return and let us know for sure, and then continue to help until you know you've found the right book?

message 9: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 14 comments I want to wait and make sure it is the same book

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Katrina wrote: "I want to wait and make sure it is the same book"

That makes perfect sense, Katrina. Please come back and let us know when you know. Thank you!

message 11: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 14 comments I finally got the book, and it is the one I was looking for. Thank you guys so much. I never thought I'd find it! I'm not sure how to move this to the solved folder, so if someone else can that would be great :D

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Sep 09, 2011 04:17PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Katrina--to move it, go and click on your title. Then hit the UNSOLVED with will give you a drop down. You can then select SOLVED and by doing that, it will move the thread for you to solved

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments I'll move it and shelve it. Thanks all.