Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Embarrassing Nicknames

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittomart (last edited Jul 23, 2010 05:52PM) (new)

Brittomart Do you have any embarrassing nicknames? Maybe weird nicknames you have for your children?

One late late night while having a conversation about nicknames, I made the mistake of telling my friends the lovely nickname my grandfather had for me: Twat.

I've never figured that one out.

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh my, Britt.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments My nickname was "Peewee" until I was in middle school. I'm now 6ft3. My brother still calls me "peewee", though, often shortening it to "pee".

Your grandfather disturbs me, Britt.

message 4: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart When each of the grandkids were born, he gave them nicknames. My brother was Totem Pole 'cause he was really long when he was a born, and he just knew that my brother was going to be a giant (my brother is quite short, actually). Some of my cousins were Ten Cent, Rat, each with stories explaining them.

I got stuck with Twat. He called me that until he died. I never got a story with my name...it was just that.

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) Until I was in college I went by "Mary Beth", and my BF in grade school all ready had a friend named Mary Beth, so she called me "Mooie". I do not know why, I don't resemble a cow in any way (really!!) nor do I have bodacious tatas. "Mooie" stuck with me til I graduated HS.

message 6: by smetchie (last edited Jul 24, 2010 05:39AM) (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments My dad called me "Hot-shit" so much when I was little that, when asked my name, I'd give it instead of Gretchen. Luckily I couldn't say "shit" so it came out Hotchie. Everyone called me "Hotchie" until middle school.

message 7: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Since I was roly-poly as a kid, my nickname was "Gus, Gus, big as bus."

Yeah, that worked well for me.

message 8: by byhera (new)

byhera (ordinary) | 50 comments not me, but my friend. his name is Dicka, everyone call him 'hi Dick, what's up?'

agree??
lol

message 9: by byhera (new)

byhera (ordinary) | 50 comments Gabby81 wrote: "I have a nick name but it is not embarrassing rather i like it more than my real name :).

CJ, i can feel for your friend....:)"

:) yeah poor him.
i ever fat and they called me 'pooh'
now im not!
ha ha.

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Bobby used to be a common nickname for Barbara.

message 11: by BK (new)

BK Blue (paradoxically) | 56 comments Shitbird (Thanks, Papaw)
Turkey Bird (Papaw and my uncle)
Bon-Bon (HAAATE that one)
Bubble Butt
Biscuit Butt (...I have always had a fondness of buttermilk biscuits)
Mini-Drew (Because I am short and look like Drew Barrymore)
Burger King Whopper (My initials are B.K.W.)

My first name is embarrassing enough without a nickname, actually. I cannot even count how many times I had random people sing to me. You know, "My Bonnie lies over the ocean, my Bonnie lies over the sea..".

message 12: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11667 comments BonFire wrote: "You know, "My Bonnie lies over the ocean, my Bonnie lies over the sea..""

When I hear that song, I think of a version my friend used to sing. Take that tune, and substitute these lyrics:

My brother has tuberculosis,
My brother has one rotten lung,
He coughs up the blood by the bucket,
And dries it and chews it for gum!

Oh, come up, come up, oh come up my dinner come up, come up,
Come up, come up, oh come up my dinner come up!

(huge barfing sound)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I really wish I hadn't read that. Thanks Phil.

message 14: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11667 comments My pleasure. :)

message 15: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) campfire song Phil?

message 16: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11667 comments Yes. Another was called "Suffocation," and I still sing it sometimes to my son.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I remember "Suffocation," Phil!

Wait, I'm way too excited about that...

message 18: by Sarah (last edited Jul 29, 2010 01:49PM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Sarah Pie is my nickname in my family, so I get a kick out of being called Sarah Pi here. Mind you, the Pie originally came from Pie Face for my round baby face, and given that I came out in the same year as Star Wars, it immediately turned into Pie2Pee2.

Luckily, only the Pie stuck around.*

*That is, until Sesame Street taught my sister that 'pie' was foot in Spanish, at which point she combined all of the above into "Footface".

message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily | 2 comments My dad calls me Fred. Don't know, he just does.

message 20: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Nice to meet you, Fred.

message 21: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Hyatt-James (sandyhyatt-james) We nicknamed our neighbour's son Shrek because of his size. Unfortunately, he found out.

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments My dad calls me sweetie pie, but when I was younger, I was known as "booger-girl". Go on. Guess...

I believe I also held the nickname Ranger for a year, because kids over here don't pronounce Rachel right. As of now, some of my guy buddies call me Ranchu, after the pokemon.

message 23: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Sandy wrote: "We nicknamed our neighbour's son Shrek because of his size. Unfortunately, he found out."

Heh. That's great. Except for Shrek, I guess.

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Ranger/Ranchu!

message 25: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I call my daughter Butters. When she was a baby she had a head full of blonde hair that stuck up in the back.

message 26: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I'm not going through this again. I told the story somewhere, if it wasn't here it must have been Mini Am, or RA's old group, can't remember now. But, David called me Stinky ever after that, so forget it!

message 27: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11667 comments Amelia wrote: "I'm not going through this again. I told the story somewhere, if it wasn't here it must have been Mini Am, or RA's old group, can't remember now. But, David called me Stinky ever after that, so f..."

It's forgotten. No problem, Stinky.

message 28: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Shenanigans is cute, I like that.

Thanks, Phil. But, you don't know why, so it'll never stick. Heh.

My honey calls me Amers, it's cute only because of the sweet way he says it, or it would irritate me. It irritates me when my step-son does it...

message 29: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6030 comments Carl.

message 30: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I don't know whether to feel guilty or proud.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

My mother is the only one to call me Mick, or Mickey. My dad usually called me dumb-ass, or you-damn-dummy...love ya dad! I call my son 'Scooter', and my daughter 'Peanut'. Our former neighbors used to call my wife 'Sully' after the Monsters Inc. movie, which made me, yes, you guessed it, Mike Wazowski...

message 32: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments also Carl

message 33: by Dario (new)

Dario | 63 comments my italian teacher calls all the guys "tiger"
and one girl piaza (means plaza)

message 34: by bugcoil (new)

bugcoil My nickname is basically the sound of a baby crying (in a different language).

message 35: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11667 comments Babies cry in different languages?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I know mine did. I never worked out which was the tired cry and which was the hungry cry.

message 37: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Throughout my career as an adult film actor my screen name was MR. SOFTEE.

message 38: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Short career?

message 39: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Jim wrote: "Short career?"

Unfortunately it ended prematurely.

message 40: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11667 comments Probably a good thing. Sometimes in that industry you really take it in the rear.

message 41: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments I came home every night completely drained.

message 42: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Petered out?

message 43: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11667 comments You're better off without them. They're just a bunch of pussies and assholes. I'm sure there were times when something came over you and you just wanted to cold-cock them. I can certainly understand your wanting to blow that job. How could you be expected to swallow that kind of treatment?

message 44: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments It’s a hard business. The people who work in it take a pounding on a daily basis. I’m not saying they’re prone to pissing and moaning, but at times they’ve had all they can possibly take.