The 48 Laws of Power The 48 Laws of Power discussion

life is war

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Calvin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Calvin This book highlights the tricks and deceptive techniques used by people -knownly or not. It shows how one can create an atmosphere of power and the strategies to get what you want without emotional weakness. Be careful - this can be dangerous in the wrong hands :)

message 2: by jaadhimalli (new)

jaadhimalli A book of strategies. Well written with clear lucid instructions. When you read it, you can relate to people you know and incidents. A book that really makes you think, contemplate and revise.

message 3: by zamra (last edited Aug 09, 2012 05:19AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

zamra Calvin wrote: "This book highlights the tricks and deceptive techniques used by people -knownly or not. It shows how one can create an atmosphere of power and the strategies to get what you want without emotional..."

em very much satisfied with you.....and i think with help of this book,we can perceive the nature of other humankind

Stephen Broeker I like this book a lot. It is a good thing to understand the tricks of the enemy.

Michael Isaiah No doubt u can rate it which ever way u wanna cos it's the best self help book in the history of lit. But I rated it 1* cos it's filled up with lots of borrowed ideas frm Machiavelli and other great authors of the past. Robert greene forgot about being original, what about the remaining 52 laws of power, it has to be completed with hundred as the required number or did he live the remaining 52 l.o.p for himself?

Yadvendra Jadon Michael wrote: "No doubt u can rate it which ever way u wanna cos it's the best self help book in the history of lit. But I rated it 1* cos it's filled up with lots of borrowed ideas frm Machiavelli and other grea..."

'Borrowed ideas' and 'self help book' these are the phrases that contradict each other. Rarely there is a good book (at least I do not know) that do not have borrowed ideas. A book is good as long as the message is put across.
Or
Maybe I should understand you to be a person who rates a book based on originality. In that case I agree with you 100%.

Chris Edwin-Odhe This book can kill, it can build and worst of all it is a drug to those who are power drunk, dangerous to true leaders in God's plan.

Karl This book is a tool, a tool is a tool, not inherently good nor evil, merely a tool. Whomsoever wields this tool is the deciding factor.

Be careful upon reading this book however, it is a rabbit hole...if you dare follow the white rabbit you may find yourself immersed in ideas that will change you forever...for better or worse. I have read many works of Robert Greene, this was my first and in my opinion his best.

Ill be honest i dont normally write reviews, especially about books that i see as a secret weapon...but with millions of copies sold, im pretty sure its no secret...so enjoy.