SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Series and Authors We ❤ > Mercy Thompson / Patricia Briggs

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Regina (last edited Apr 17, 2011 07:02AM) (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Mercy Thompson series:

Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs Iron Kissed (Mercedes Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs River Marked (Mercedes Thompson #6) by Patricia Briggs

Graphic novels of Mercy:

Mercy Thompson Homecoming (Mercedes Thompson, Prequel) by Patricia Briggs Preying For Mercy (Mercedes Thompson, #1-3) by Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Then there is the spin-off:
Alpha & Omega A Companion Novella to Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, Prequel) by Patricia Briggs Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs Fair Game

There is a graphic novel series of Alpha & Omega:
Alpha & Omega, Volume 1 Cry Wolf  by Patricia Briggs

message 2: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) That's very nice. I can't wait to see what happens next :)

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber (crazyaboutbooks) | 499 comments Just finished reading the first in this series and can't wait to read though the rest. Yes, the cover to River Marked is beautiful.

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments This series is one of my ALL-TIME favorites! I love Mercy! I am so excited for River Marked. :D

It wasn't until Silver Borne that I really got her relationship with *bleep*.

Ok, Amber, out you go ... got some spoilers to discuss. LOL! J/K :D

message 5: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Steph I loved Silver Borne and how she demonstrated and depicted pack and mate bonds -- Briggs does this supremely in the Alpha & Omega series too. Wouldn't it be great if bonds like that really existed?

I really like *bleep*, but I was one of the few people that wasn't sure who she should pick. I have a soft spot for *bleep*. :)

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber (crazyaboutbooks) | 499 comments Steph wrote: "This series is one of my ALL-TIME favorites! I love Mercy! I am so excited for River Marked. :D

It wasn't until Silver Borne that I really got her relationship with *bleep*.

O..."
Hanging head in shame & wishing I had started reading this series sooner will have to start reading faster so I can catch up.....will be back for the discussion after I've read the series a little more!!!!! BLEEP BLEEP!!!!! LOL

message 7: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments Regina wrote: "Steph I loved Silver Borne and how she demonstrated and depicted pack and mate bonds -- Briggs does this supremely in the Alpha & Omega series too. Wouldn't it be great if bonds like that really e..."

LOL Regina. Yeah, I was in the same spot, soft spot for *bleep*, but after SB I realized she really did "fit" with *bleep*.

LOL, sorry, Amber. The *bleeps* are for your best interest, don't want to spoil it for you. Hope you enjoy the rest of the series!

message 8: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (needsun) | 60 comments Help! I finally got Bone Crossed and started to read it. Iron Kissed was great but I don't remember the ending enough to pick up Bone Crossed and know what is happening.

Can someone please send me a message refreshing my memory.
Eternally grateful!!!

message 9: by Regina (last edited Apr 06, 2011 04:36AM) (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments (view spoiler)

message 10: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments LOL! Yowza, I'd forgotten about the serious spoiler. :D Would you mind blocking it, Regina, now that we can?

Who's read the latest release? What'd ya think?

River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs

message 11: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3609 comments I had to get this one the week it came out... Long time Mercy fan. I liked it. It is mainly centered on just the main characters and you get some more back story on Mercy. It also resolves a few other dangling storylines. I really like the relationship that has developed between Mercy and Adam's daughter.

message 12: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments I was so anxious to get my hardcover copy that when it was takin' forEVER to arrive, I pouted enough that my hubby bought me the eBook to read. :) Yes, I'm spoiled.

LOVED it. I liked seeing (view spoiler) I too enjoy seeing Mercy's relationship with his daughter grow. I loved the baddie in this one. Freaky! I also enjoyed (view spoiler)

message 13: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments I agree completely!! You are lucky Steph. :). I liked it so much a I borrowed the audio from the library!

message 14: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments <--- absolutely spoiled and knows it. :)
The only downside to that book was the end and following lonnnnnng wait for the next one, IMO.

message 15: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3609 comments She does stretch these books out, come to think of it... Have you tried her Masques/Wolfbane books yet?

message 16: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments I haven't, but I know several people around the group have. Have you read them?

message 17: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments I have and I wrote up reviews. I enjoyed them. They aren't mercy but decent.

message 18: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Steph you need to fix the River Marked link in #1, it no longer works.

Didn't I see somewhere she was writing only one book a year and that was the reason for the loooonnnnggg wait? It really annoys me but it would be much worse if she rushed and we got drivel. I'll wait thanks.

message 19: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments I can't, it was created by Regina. Would you mind, Regina? :)

I completely agree! "It really annoys me but it would be much worse if she rushed and we got drivel. I'll wait thanks."

message 20: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Sorry, didn't notice it was Regina, so used to you doing stuff. LOL.

message 21: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments No worries. I'm sure she'll fix up now that we know. :)

message 22: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Sandra wrote: "Steph you need to fix the River Marked link in #1, it no longer works.

Didn't I see somewhere she was writing only one book a year and that was the reason for the loooonnnnggg wait? It really ann..."

I heard that too, and that next year will be an Alpha & Omega book, so extra long wait for the next (and maybe last) Mercy :(

message 23: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Oh...I don't want to hear that it ENDS!

I've (finally...it arrived!) started River Marked...loving it!

message 24: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments I fixed it! :) Thanks for the reminder!

By the way, have any of you listened to the audio versions of these two series? I loved the narration for Mercy Thompson. I wasn't crazy about the narration for the Alpha & Omega, so I stopped listening to it but it could have just been my mood.

message 25: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Thanks Regina and no sorry I haven't listened to the audiobooks.

Bite your tongue Vivian, don't want to hear anything like that.

message 26: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3609 comments Steph wrote: "I haven't, but I know several people around the group have. Have you read them?"

Not yet, but have them sitting on my TBR bookshelf that is overflowing. I might have to bump them up the list...

I've only picked up a few Mercy books in audio. I still prefer the Mercy series to the A&O series. But Charles is growing on me more.

message 27: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments Vivian, hush you, don't even think it. It will never end. LOL! :}

I haven't listened to these on audio, but I'll look for the next Mercy one and see how I like it.

LOL Judithe! Enjoy, I know you will. :)

message 28: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Hey, don't kill the messenger! I've heard the original contract was for 7 books, but if anyone has any info that says otherwise, I'll happily celebrate with the rest of y'all :)

message 29: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments LOL! We'd never do that. ;)

message 30: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Just potentially maim in our angst over the news....

Hmmm...maybe the contract will be extended....(if it's only for 7). I hope it continues as long as she's got more great stories to share, but would rather it end than see the story line do a concrete-face-dive... I'm not particularly worried about Mercy doing that though!

message 31: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments There is no one villian in an over-arching storyline, so she should be able to keep giving us great stories along the way. At least I hope so ;)

message 32: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments Ditto!

message 33: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments My hubby just finished listening to Moon Called and really enjoyed it. He said, "Have you got me reading urban romance?" LOL! He may joke, but he's also looking forward to bk2! >;)

message 34: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments So fun!! I love the audio of these books.

message 35: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Great work Steph!

message 36: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Another fan, wtg!

message 37: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Yay! Keep converting him!!

message 38: by Dana (new)

Dana (erato) | 922 comments I think Mercy must have a lot of universal appeal. A friend of mine (a manly type) in another group who is a devout epic fantasy lover with some UF thrown in, really likes Mercy. He even recommended them to me but he hates PNR. (And I mean hates.) Mercy must be one of those series that has 'got it goin' on'. :D

message 39: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments LOL! Thanks :) I'm trying to pull him in, slowly, but surely. He's all frustrated b/c the Philly library doesn't have #2 available right now. He's still waiting for Catching Fire too. I think he'll really enjoy this series (Mercy). The romance bits kinda creep in there slowly and even then it's not full on PNR.

He was going to try Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, but the Philly lib didn't have book #1, only the others. Didn't understand that.

message 40: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments I think a lot of libraries have scattered ebook/audio book selectuons still. Some of it has to do with donations or requests. For longer running series, some libraries will start with most recent, then work their way backwards. At mine, they started with 6, and I think they're filling them in, so we've got 1, 2, and 3. I'm sure there's a method to the madness :)

What bugs me is when they have a series partially in audio, partially ebook, but maybe its because I'm not an audio person.

message 41: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments Yeah, I'm sure you're right. Frustrated me though b/c he's into audio right now, no time to read a book. They had 2-8 or 9, but no 1. Go figure. Oh well, I found Mercy for him and he's happy now waiting for CF.

message 42: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Isn't it weird? I was happy to have Bitten, then could jump into the next ones there. But hate reading out of order, and if I buy it, I hate having an "incomplete" set....

Hopefully they'll fill in some of those "blanks"!

message 43: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments Yeah, it is weird. Hope so too.

message 44: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments I'm enjoying my first audio book...and it's Strange Brew (Includes The Dresden Files, #10.4; Sookie Stackhouse #9.1; Cin Craven, #1.5) by P.N. Elrod with "Seeing Eye" by P. Briggs. A very enjoyable experience so far, but I don't remember the story as well when I'm listening to it...LOL...

message 45: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments I have a harder time with my reviews when I listen v. read them. I annotate and select favorite quotes and stuff while I'm reading (eBooks anyway) which help with reviews. But, when I listen I'm always doing something else at the same time and can't do that.

Enjoy! It's fun listening to books, I think. Esp if the narrator is really good.

message 46: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments I read this interview with Briggs and thought you all would be interested. I get the need to change locations (which I guess happened in River Marked as well), but I will miss the gang and the usual location. But we have a long time to wait, it is 2013 that the next one will be released, right?

message 47: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments Thanks for that article, Regina. I feel that way about Mercy & Anna; good to know that's how she means it to be. :)

I will miss Mercy & Gang in the Tri-Cities too. Hopefully the locale change will not take away from the story.

Yep, "Spring 2013", according to her site. :( That's like cruel and unusual punishment.

message 48: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments I know! I loved reading her perceptions of them. :)

message 49: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29056 comments :)

message 50: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3609 comments 2013?? That is just too long to wait!!

« previous 1