Patricia Briggs Fans discussion

Archive > River Marked -- New Cover!!!

Comments (showing 21-70)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 70: by Ela (new)

Ela | 42 comments I have to say this is definitely my least favourite mercy cover :(

message 69: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tahmineh) | 6 comments I think she's mentioned that she has the coyote paw print and a couple of tribal bands on her arms. The UK version is probably more true to who she is.

message 68: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 95 comments As far as I know she only has the coyote paw print. The others are just for covers and they usually give a hint to what is going on in the book.

message 67: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 15 comments Does anyone remember what tats Mercy has? Other than the wolf/coyote paw print below her navel, as described in River Marked, I can't remember. I always envisioned her having quite a few on her arms, etc. but maybe that's from the covers? US version of RM shows tats on her neck, arm and stomache - the UK cover has less, and only on her arm. That's gotten me to thinking about her tatoos . . . does anybody know?

message 66: by Gwynethstwi (new)

Gwynethstwi | 3 comments Sherri *SheLuvs2Read* wrote: "Check out the German cover!
http://books-cats-coffee.blogspot.com..."

That means "Seal of the Night" the title on the German cover, I wonder if this book has something to do with the Selkie?

message 65: by Jessica E (new)

Jessica E (jlovett87) | 21 comments I pre-ordered by ebook from B&N. I cannot wait until 3/1

message 64: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn | 26 comments Sherri *SheLuvs2Read* wrote: "Check out the German cover!
http://books-cats-coffee.blogspot.com..."

I like that it is not as trashy as the American. But she is more obviously white, and the background images aren't as pronounced.

message 63: by SheLove2Read (new)

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Check out the German cover!
http://books-cats-coffee.blogspot.com...

message 62: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 32 comments Thanks :)

message 61: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn | 26 comments No. if I recall, she is contracted to do either 7 or 8 books. River Marked is only book 6.

A&O, I'm not sure how many is in the contract.

message 60: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 32 comments Ok, this isn't the last book is it? I hope not. I need my Mercy fix lol Does anyone know how many more books there will be? Mercy and Alpha & Omega?

message 59: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn | 26 comments Yeah, if the publisher doesn't change the date on us again.

message 58: by Jessica E (new)

Jessica E (jlovett87) | 21 comments Did I read correctly that River Marked is to be available on 3/1/11???? That is just over 2 WEEKS away. I am SOOOO excited!!!

message 57: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tahmineh) | 6 comments I think the book might end with their wedding, but Patricia Briggs mentioned in one of the forums on her website that she wouldn't let Mercy and Adam have kids. A child wouldn't fit with all the adventures/problems Mercy has to face in each book. I have a feeling Ms. Briggs will end the series with them getting pregnant/having a baby.

message 56: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 291 comments She said in one of the books that she once went 2 years or so without shifting--when Bran sent her back to live with her mother after the whole Sam thing. So, she could do it. Plus--her transformation to coyote is not like the wolves, which is extremely violent. So, even if she DID transform, there is a chance she wouldn't lose the baby.

message 55: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn | 26 comments I know she doesn't feel the Moon Call, so she wouldn't abort in the first month. I just wonder if she could go 9 months without shifting. She tends to get a little anxious when she goes without shifting.

message 54: by Danni (new)

Danni | 6 comments i love the idea of them having a baby - i can see this book maybe ending with her finding out she preggers so then we are left with another long wait :o)

message 53: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 32 comments I just want them to get married already lol but yeah Kelli, Mercy and Adam having a baby would be cute! Plus they have Jesse and Samuel to babysit haha

message 52: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Ferguson | 4 comments I think she's probably the ideal candidate for pregnancy. I wonder if Sam's girlfriend can still get pregnant?

message 51: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 291 comments Hum Kelli--actually I just had a thought--remember how Mercy talks about the hard time that were's have with pregnancies? Many miscarriages for human wives and the females always miscarry? I'm wondering if Mercy will have an easier time 1) GETTING pregnant and 2) STAYING pregnant because of her own magic abilities.

message 50: by SheLove2Read (new)

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) I think they will definitely get married, but I'm up in the air on pregnancy.

message 49: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Ferguson | 4 comments **SPOILER**

I was wondering if you guys think that Mercy and Adam will get married in this book? Remember how in Silver Borne at the beginning of the book Adam was only giving Mercy another month before they were going to get hitched? Then she got stuck with the Fae and the Witch for a month. So... times up, right? Wouldn't a little preggy Mercy be cute!

message 48: by Danni (new)

Danni | 6 comments Ooooohhh thats so not fair - its like Whooo First Chapter and you read it and then you feel even more Impatient for the rest of it - Ahhhhhhh Does anyone know the Australian Release Date?

message 47: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) | 110 comments Woohoo!!!! Thank you.

message 46: by SheLove2Read (new)

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) The first chapter of River Marked is up on PB's website!!

http://www.hurog.com/books/riverMarke...

message 45: by SheLove2Read (new)

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Love this. The model fits my idea of what Mercy looks like too.

message 43: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (BookMoodReviews) | 7 comments ITs fits in better with my american covers

message 42: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) | 110 comments Love that one!!!

message 41: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (BookMoodReviews) | 7 comments Just found an image of the UK cover. Pretty darn cool and much better than the shadow one that they used in the other covers....

width="300" height="300" alt="description"/>

message 40: by Holly (new)

Holly (nyxxornaught) | 4 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Yes, but really, how many of us have a "true" picture of ourselves? I know that it wasn't until I left home as a young adult that I found out that most people who didn't know my family thought tha..."

I agree. Our perception of ourselves can be kind of skewed. The one thing Mercy has is confidence. That doesn't mean she is always sure about life but she is sure of herself.

message 39: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) | 110 comments River Marked is now up for pre-order on the Kindle. I went ahead -- it is pricey for an ebook, but I can't wait to read it. This is one of them I will be buying that is expensive.

message 38: by SheLove2Read (new)

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Has anyone noticed that from the beginning to this new cover, Mercy seems to be getting a little more feminine looking?

message 37: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 18 comments it definitely different from the other covers but i really like it quite a bit.

message 36: by SheLove2Read (new)

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Has anyone read any of the graphic novels from this series or from Charles & Anna's series?

message 35: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 291 comments But like Regina said--make sure you read the novella first. Or you'll be a bit lost at first with the series.

message 34: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 32 comments YibGib, the Alpha and Omega novels are AWESOME! Trust me, buy them :)

message 33: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) | 110 comments They are very very good. They rival the mercy Thompson books. Make sure to start with the novella first.

message 32: by YibGib (Kate) (new)

YibGib (Kate) (food3) | 14 comments Just a quick comment to whoever has read the alpha and omega novels are they good because ive been wanting to read them but i dont want to buy it when its just a waste of time.

message 31: by YibGib (Kate) (new)

YibGib (Kate) (food3) | 14 comments I can't wait to read it !!!!!

message 30: by YibGib (Kate) (new)

YibGib (Kate) (food3) | 14 comments What will happen when Mercy gets old they should have her be immortal like Adam somehow it just wouldnt be right if mercy died and adam lived forever

message 29: by YibGib (Kate) (new)

YibGib (Kate) (food3) | 14 comments I agree with Ann

message 28: by Tessa (last edited Sep 23, 2010 12:16PM) (new)

Tessa Love the new cover. I think it's my favorite so far.

message 27: by Kate (new)

Kate (KatesBookNook) | 6 comments Hmmm. Some very interesting discussion points/ Start a thread Ann and let's all chat about it!

message 26: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 291 comments Hum--ya know--another interesting thought--what would a child of Mercy's and Adam's be LIKE? Since Mum is a "natural" (i.e. born) shape-shifter and Dad is a were-wolf, what would Junior be like? And would s/he be like Charles--a were-wolf who doesn't age like the rest of the were's or would s/he age like Mercy? And if s/he's just plain old "vanilla human" would the were virus (or whatever it is) even affect him/her???

message 25: by Kate (new)

Kate (KatesBookNook) | 6 comments Lol. You're probably right Sherri! Just wishful thinking! It would be kinda kewl!

message 24: by SheLove2Read (new)

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) I don't think its a bump. I think its just the way she's arching her back.

message 23: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) | 110 comments I will give another try to the audio for alpha and omega again.

message 22: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1 comments I love these books on audio! As for the guy that reads Cry Wolf and Hunting Ground, he is actually one of my favorite readers of audio books, so I love them as well. Especially Hunting Ground. That is basically my fall back book any time I am tired of listening to other things.

message 21: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) | 110 comments eek!!!! I would love that!

Anyone ever wonder how long Mercy will live? Or how she will age? One book already noted that she is older in her body aging than Adam was when he was turned.

« previous 1
unread topics | mark unread