Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Extras! > What book character do you wanna meet.....

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Mac (yoyochkmeouthotmailcom) | 45 comments I got this from another group and thought it would be fun here to see what you all think.......

I think Dumbledore from Harry Potter would be an interesting fellow to spend an afternoon with!

message 2: by S.S. (new)

S.S. (ssrice) | 75 comments Agreed, Tanya! Dumbledore is awesome.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah Dumbledore or Harry would be great to meet with.

message 4: by Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) (last edited Jul 21, 2010 07:19PM) (new)

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 1328 comments Hmmm, this is an interesting question. There are so many. Dumbledore would be an interesting character to meet.

Here are a few others.

- Pretty much anyone from the Fever series (except maybe Mac). Jericho is especially interesting though.
- I recently fell in love with Po from Graceling though I wouldn't mind spending time with Bitterblue and Katsa too
- Olivander from Harry Potter
- Carlisle from Twilight
- Minho from The Maze Runner
- Any of the Maids from The Help
- Death, Rudy, or Max from The Book Thief
- Elphaba from Wicked
- Gale, Peeta, Prim, Haymitch, Katniss's mom, Gale's mom... pretty much anyone from The Hunger Games.
- Mr. Knightley from Emma

I'm sure there are plenty of others, but that's just off the top of my head.

message 5: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jul 21, 2010 10:16PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I like that you put Minho from Maze Runner, Brittany. I liked that character, even though most people probably don't know who that is!

This could be a tough one to answer because it depends on if I want to meet them to "hang out" or "pick their brains" or do I want to meet one of those "too good to be true" heros that would be fun to date (happily married, but hey I can dream).

I also agree that anyone from the fever series except Mac would be cool. Mac would just annoy me.

Jace from Mortal Instruments. He's only a few years older than my son, so I'd have to *cough* age him a few years so it wouldn't be too awkward...

Anyone from the Tairen Soul series, especially Bel. I'd even hang with the twin girls. They're fun kids.

I might have to go through my book list and think of some others. This is a fun topic!

message 6: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) | 253 comments Love this idea! I'll have to take time to think about it and post later...

Tracy (A Good Novel) For me, Kitty Norville from Carrie Vaughn's books. She's always been a character I can relate to, as an English major and a person too sarcastic for her own good (though not as a werewolf!). Whenever I read the books, I always feel as though she's exactly the type of person I'd want as a friend.

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 1328 comments Yes Stacia, I loved the character of Minho. He would be an interesting one I think. Hopefully we'll get to see more of him in The Scortch Trails.

message 9: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments I think I would have a blast tagging along behind Georgia Nicholson and her gang. I think Alaska from Looking for Alaska would be interesting conversation. Elphaba from Wicked would def be cool. But Jessica Darling and/or Marcus Flutie would be really fun to be around - if I could manage not to drool over Marcus the whole time!

message 10: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Tiny from Will Grayson! Next after him, Marcus Flutie or Mr. Darcy.

message 11: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Oh Tiny is a good one!

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Jaimie wrote: "Oh Tiny is a good one!"

He** yeah!

message 13: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Mac (yoyochkmeouthotmailcom) | 45 comments Lani wrote: "Love this idea! I'll have to take time to think about it and post later..."

I know thats why I only posted Dumbledore at first. I have been making a list in my palm as I think of them....

message 14: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 26 comments Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice

Don Julian from Two Moon Princess

Nico from The Shamer's War

message 15: by Becca (new)

Becca | 1608 comments OMGoodness! Fred and George from HP first. They're like the older brothers I never had but always wanted. They would be so cool to hang out with.

An afternoon with Ender or Bean would probably leave me feeling extremely naive and dumb, but I would love it all the same.

Dashti from Book of a Thousand Days would be like meeting one of the greatest heroines of modern day. And I totally agree about any of the maids from the Help.

And man would I love to spend the day with Gimli, Merry and Pippin, or Legolas or really any of the magnificent characters from Lord of the Rings. It would be amazing, except maybe Frodo, who even though he's the hero, he was incredibly depressing to me.

message 16: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bnleake) | 15 comments Numair, from Tamora Pierce's series. One of my favorite characters ever!!! Nawat, from her Trickster series. Of course Dumbledore is on the list (who wouldn't want to meet him). Mat from Wheel of Time. Will from Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials. Dirk from Jennifer Fallon's Second Son's Trilogy. That's all I've got for now.

message 17: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Fred & George is a great pick Becca :)

message 18: by Lani (last edited Jul 26, 2010 04:54AM) (new)

Lani (crahfty) | 253 comments Dexter from Sarah Dessen's This Lullaby-he's a flaky musician, but an oportunity to hang with band boys sounds like a blast.

I definately agree with the Tiny Cooper pick! He would big a big bundle of drama and so much fun! I also second (or is it third?) hanging with Marcus Flutie *swoon*

I also wouldn't mind hanging with Lori from Endless Summer. Boys + Lake parties and skiing = good times

I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall for a day in the life of President Snow from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I wouldn't really want to hang out with him, but being around could give me a behind the scenes look.

I would love to hang with Magnus Bane from the Mortal Instrument series! His appearances in the books always made me smile.

message 19: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Really, any of the Brothers. That would probably be the funnest day ever!

Bones from Halfway to the Grave.

Rudy from the Book Thief would have been fun to hang out with, he was a great friend.

Mary from Forest of Hands and Teeth so I can shake some sense into her.

That's all I can think of right now.

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 1328 comments Fred and George is a brilliant choice! I would love that.

Sometimes I wish books were a little like those sidewalk paintings in Mary Poppins where you can hop in and out of them. What great adventures!

message 21: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments Peep I doubt I would have anything to say to the Brothers - but I would love to spend some "time" with any of them! V would probably be the best conversationalist but again not sure I would want to be talking.

message 22: by Becca (new)

Becca | 1608 comments rofl! Jaimie are you blushing?

And even though this isn't a book, I would love to hang with Phineas and Ferb for a day. My son and I have been watching them all morning. He has the theme song memorized and he's three. LOL!

message 23: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments It takes a bit more to make me blush - I read smutty paranormal novels for gosh sakes!

message 24: by S.S. (new)

S.S. (ssrice) | 75 comments I'll also go with Magnus Bane.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'd go to a Magnus Bane party, as long as I don't turn into a frog or rat...

message 26: by Becca (new)

Becca | 1608 comments Lani - That fly on the wall in the life of Pres Snow might be one of the most interesting, if not scary, experiences ever!

message 27: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Ohhhh the Brothers Jaimie, that sounds dangerous!

message 28: by Becca (new)

Becca | 1608 comments Yes Bluemoon, I'm talking the show. I think I've seen every single episode now including the Christmas one and I can't get enough of it. Cracks my up even if I've seen it before. "Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today!"

I think I'm going to buy the collection if it's available.

message 29: by Daniele (new)

Daniele Lanzarotta (danielelanzarotta) | 19 comments Interesting question! I can't choose just one character, so I would say Stark from HON, Barrons from the Fever Series, and I would love to meet a character from my own novel, so, Tyler Crowel, from Imprinted Souls. :)

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) Wow, there's no way to name just one character.

Male:
Edward Cullen (Twilight series)
Jericho Barrons (Fever series)
Jace Wayland (Mortal Instruments series)
Fred and George Weasley (Harry Potter series)
Severus Snape (Harry Potter series)

Female:
Aibileen (The Help)
Mac Lane (Fever series)
Katniss (Hunger Games series)
Jessica Darling (Jessica Darling series)
Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter series)

I'm sure I'll think of more...

message 31: by Narcissa (new)

Narcissa Janette (narcissajanette) | 13 comments uh i have the whole list :))) ... but today i would be in the mood to meet warriors from LOTU series ... they are just too yummie :D ! especially paris and william :O :))) !

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 1328 comments I was seaching through some older threads and I thought maybe some of the newbies would like to get in on this conversation, so here's a bump.

Also since the last time I posted I think I would add a few...

Tiny Cooper from Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Gandolf from LOTR
Eric from The Phantom of the Opera
Almost any of the characters from Fire,
D the L and SG from Georgia Nicolson series so I can judge for myself who I would choose.

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 1328 comments I was seaching through some older threads and I thought maybe some of the newbies would like to get in on this conversation, so here's a bump.

Also since the last time I posted I think I would add a few...

Tiny Cooper from Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Gandolf from LOTR
Eric from The Phantom of the Opera
Almost any of the characters from Fire,
D the L and SG from Georgia Nicolson series so I can judge for myself who I would choose.

message 34: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Oh geez, this is awesome. Mine is long, though I know there are others I'm not thinking of.

Men
Mat Cauthon
Perrin Aybara (Both from The Wheel of Time series)
Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games Trilogy Series)
Jamie Fraser (Outlander and whole series)
Ian Murray (An Echo in the Bone)
Creb (The Clan of the Cave Bear)
Charles Main (North and South)
Marcus Boylan, Swift Arrow (Swift Arrow)
Ranger (Stephanie Plum Series)

Girls
Faile Bashere (The Wheel of Time series)
Claire Fraser (Outlander and whole series)
Anne Shirley (The Complete Anne of Green Gables Series)
Stephanie Plum (Stephanie Plum Series)

message 35: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Tiny from Will Grayson FOR SURE!

message 36: by Déa (new)

Déa Solin Jace (The Mortal Instruments) ♥
And Magnus Bane (from the same series), Rose Hathaway (Vampire Academy) & Étienne St. Clair (Anna and the French Kiss).

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Almost everyone from Harry Potter even Draco... although maybe not Voldemort and his Death Eaters.
Jace Wayland/Morgenstern/Herondale ( Mortal Instruments)
Magnus Bane (Mortal Instruments)
Alice Cullen (Twilight Saga)
Lucian Cain (Personal Demons)
Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
Claudia and Louie (Interview with a Vampire)
Seth (WIcked Lovely)
Jack Force (Blue Blood Series)
Adrian Ivashkov (Vampire Academy series)
James Stark (House of Night series)
Patch (Hush, Hush series)
Daniel Grigori (Fallen series)

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 13, 2011 02:14AM) (new)

Yelena and Valek from Poison Study
Rose and Dimitri from Vampire Academy
Jem from Clockwork Angel
Magnus Bane, Jace and Isabelle from City of Bones
Aragorn, Arwen, Gandalf and Bilbo from The Lord of the Rings
Patch from Hush, Hush
Alice from Twilight
Cadvan from The Naming
Garren and Ariana from Son of Ereubus
Georgina and Roman from Succubus Blues
Rhage from Lover Eternal