Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > Why The Next Big Pop-Culture Wave After Cupcakes Might Be Libraries

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Wonderful think piece from NPR today:

Why The Next Big Pop-Culture Wave After Cupcakes Might Be Libraries

I say if the Old Spice Guy and LOLCats and the Vuvuzela can be part of the pop-culture landscape, so can libraries.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Will there be reality shows about librarians? Because that would be hot...

message 3: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I hope so! Or even a sitcom!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Oh, be serious!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm all for it...though I would imagine that the librarians wouldn't approve of all the noise the film crew would make.

message 6: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) @ Gus - thanks for posting

@ Jackie - I think the library is fascinating. "The Stacks" would be a hit. My local branch always seems like there is a party going on. If you are going there to study, you have to go in one of those little quiet rooms (think Michael Scott's office). Is your library actually quiet?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Um, no, ms. petra, my library is the opposite of quiet. The librarians have been known to get hushed from time to time by annoyed patrons. :)

message 8: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6030 comments Christ, if this theory pans out, there will be no living with Jackie as her ego swells to mammoth proportions, refusing to travel nowhere without an entourage.

I can see it now... :)

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "Um, no, ms. petra, my library is the opposite of quiet. The librarians have been known to get hushed from time to time by annoyed patrons. :)"

You see? They won't mind the film crew at all!

Heh...Clark...yes, Jackie's going to have some assistant and yell things like "COFFEE, BITCH!" as soon as she walks in the library door...

message 10: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Jackie's ego has already swelled to mammoth proportions. What's a reality show going to do except make it swell some more???

I can see Jackie peeling off a mink coat a la Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada and loudly yell at her assistant to bring her today's list of overdue items, NOW!!!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Gus, please! I would never wear fur!

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments What if the minks were still alive?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I want a pet red panda, Sarah.

And a nonfat double shot short mocha, no whip. Where's that report?!

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments

I sent them in the same box. Was that a mistake?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments :::glares at Sarah, gets distracted by fuzzy cuteness with mocha on it's nose...:::

I'll let it pass, THIS time...

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments We love you, Ms. Hannigan!
I mean, thanks, Miranda.
I mean, Jackie.
So confused.

message 17: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Jacks, you okay with fake fur?

Okay, how about a leather trench coat?

message 18: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24292 comments Mod
I totally missed the cupcake wave. No one TOLD ME. Sad, I love cupcakes.