YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Study Series (Poison and Glass) > Poison Study (book 1)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
Poison Study (Study, #1)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 86 comments Thsi was a very good book that my friend recommended to me and enjoyed the series..

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn  (katl2e) I love this book, next to Mortal Instrument series and Vampire Academy series !!!
Love the character and read two within 48hours !
can't wait to read the third one =)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Just about to start this series and I'm excited. I hope it lives up to the recommendations!

message 5: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i have heard great things about this series i really want to read it!

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Love this series! Definitely one of my favourites out there. It's different than most of the other fantasy book I've read and I love all the characters, especially Yelena, Valek, Ari and Janco.

message 7: by Artemis, Head Mod! (last edited Jul 30, 2010 11:21AM) (new)

this series was just nominated to be put to the vote for our August series challenge series!

message 8: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

can i ask you all a question? is there a difference between the "adult" version of this book and the "YA"?

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn  (katl2e) huh??? there's an 'adult' version of this book?? never heard of that before.

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather | 86 comments Aiyanna, where did you hear this? I thought the whole point of a YA was that the book is geared toward YA..

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie As far as I know it was just different covers - it was discontinued before the release of the third book so you can get the first two with one style of cover but not the third, which was only produced in the YA cover.

message 12: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

When i went to get the series at Borders they had some copies in the adult fantasy section and some in the YA section and the covers are different so i was wondering if there was a difference

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Melanie I've read both and didn't notice any differences, though there was maybe a year between the two, so don't think it'll matter which one you get. Hope you enjoy reading it!

message 14: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

I am sure i will i think i will get the YA version bc it is like 5$ cheaper

message 15: by Truthic (new)

Truthic | 323 comments Oh, I just finished this book a couple of days ago. It was amazing! I look forward to reading the other ones in the series as well! :D

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 7 comments I loved this series! I finished reading them in like 2 days and was sad when it was over!

message 17: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

really!!?? hmm i will have to bump them up on my to-read list

message 18: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 18, 2010 01:38AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I really enjoyed this book. It's always nice to see a strong heroine. There was a scene in which the main character Yelena was being tracked and she was escaping by climbing from tree to tree, and it made me smile and think of Katniss from Hunger Games.

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather | 86 comments Those were same great scenes and I didn't think about how close Katniss and Yelena are in lot of ways..

message 20: by Tory (new)

Tory I found this book out side at a park and it was new! stll had the price tag on it.

I put a add in the paper to see if anyone would clame it but no one ever did so I read it and loved it.

I've read all 3 :D

I feel a little bad taking the book but i waited a month 0-0

message 21: by Truthic (new)

Truthic | 323 comments Hahaha :D Maybe the person who bought it got mad after discovering he/she had bought the wrong book, and left it there. You never know with people.

message 22: by Xia (new)

Xia (xiat) I love this series. Valek and Yelena are both awesome characters. :)

message 23: by Carina (new)

Carina Yelena is awesome, and Valek (<3)....Valek is dreamy, sexy, mature, strong...I could go on and on..

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) We have a fangirl, haha.

So...Valek or Po. Who do you choose?

message 25: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Valek!

message 26: by Carina (new)

Carina Aaaaah! You sneaky you....how can you put me in this position. I love them both! (And funny that you mention Po, cause while reading Poison Study, I kept thinking "Yelena kind of reminds me of Katsa, and Po and Valek are very different but there is a small resemblance also" Poison Study reminded me of Graceling for some reason).

......I can't decide....*bites finger nails*....

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I love them both. Po was pretty sexy too, but I like Yelena much more than Katsa.

message 28: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I can't remember Po well

message 29: by Carina (new)

Carina I love Katsa, but Yelena does have something that makes me like her alot. I think that Yelena feels more 'real' than Katsa, and she developed from the ground up, so that has something to do with it too.

message 30: by Carina (new)

Carina Britnee -* Om Nom Nom..* wrote: "I can't remember Po well"

*Gasp* Well you better re-read Graceling then! Po will always be present in my memory...and heart.

message 31: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Yeah I'll re-read it soon. Not too many good books for me to read left now

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) You are joking right? I know for a fact that there's still stuff you want to get to.

message 33: by Carina (new)

Carina I wish I could re-read so many books but there are just too many good books out there and not enough time to read.
Just try to put off the books you're not sure about, and stick to books you KNOW you're gonna like Brit.

I think its just that you're in a non-reading mood right now, thats all. ;)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) It happens to all of us. Nothing wrong with taking a break.

message 35: by Carina (new)

Carina Stacia ~ Mistress of Mediocrity wrote: "It happens to all of us. Nothing wrong with taking a break."

Remember that I started the year in a non-reading mood?
And I was reading Clockwork Angel! But still, I had to take a few days, and when I came back to the book I loved it!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I really want to re-read MI and CA before CoFA comes out because I like having all of the details in my head when you know you're looking for clues (like with Fever), but I can't seem to bring myself to do it. There are so many other new books I want to read, that I'm finding it hard to motivate myself.

message 37: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Stacia ~ Mistress of Mediocrity wrote: "You are joking right? I know for a fact that there's still stuff you want to get to."

Yea I know but my libraries really suck

message 38: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Stacia ~ Mistress of Mediocrity wrote: "I really want to re-read MI and CA before CoFA comes out because I like having all of the details in my head when you know you're looking for clues (like with Fever), but I can't seem to bring myse..."

I wanna re-read TMI sooo bad. I'm starting this week. I read them ages ago though I hardly remember them

message 39: by Carina (new)

Carina Stacia ~ Mistress of Mediocrity wrote: "I really want to re-read MI and CA before CoFA comes out because I like having all of the details in my head when you know you're looking for clues (like with Fever), but I can't seem to bring myse..."

Yup, I find it hard to do re-reads now too. It feels like for every book/series I start, there dozens more I need to read!
In the Adult PNR/UF group the mention soooo many series that I havent even heard of!
And the same thing happens with YA. I start one and like 2 or 3 more come out. Its exausting...lol

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I know. Soooo much to read! That's why I am trying to focus more on starting series that I've either really been wanting/waiting to read, or ones that come highly recommended/highly rated. There's just so much out there that it can get overwhelming and you might get stuck reading a bunch of crap if you're not careful.

message 41: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Like over-hyped YA PNR books are mostly crap.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Most of them are. You're very right.

"Pretty shiny cover! It must be good!"

message 43: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I'm weening myself off thinking that. One day a book with a beautiful cover will come along and it'll be crap and it would have been a waste of money!

message 44: by Carina (new)

Carina Every time I hear some one say "Beautiful cover, but a waste of my money!" I can't hepl but think of Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto ....bought it as soon as it came out....what a dissappointment.

message 45: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I was going to buy that when it came out too! I was poor though. Lucky me!

message 46: by Carina (new)

Carina Britnee -* Om Nom Nom..* wrote: "I was going to buy that when it came out too! I was poor though. Lucky me!"

Thank God you were short on money! Well...(here comes the guilt)..Ah Damn it! Just cause I didn't like the book, desn't mean anyone else will feel the same way.
I feel guilty for putting this book down so much cause I HAVE heard of people loving it, and I don't want to discourage anyone from it just cause it wasn't my cup of tea.

message 47: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Carina wrote: "Britnee -* Om Nom Nom..* wrote: "I was going to buy that when it came out too! I was poor though. Lucky me!"

Thank God you were short on money! Well...(here comes the guilt)..Ah Damn it! Just ca..."

I was always short on money last year lol. Actually, it does sound really bad! Cuz I've heard that the girl is whiny/not strong bla bla bla..I don't wanna be pissed off by another book yet lol

message 48: by Carina (new)

Carina I was very 'inexperinced' back then, and I was buying all kinds of stuff at random. Then I started to get more involved here on GR and that when I started hearing about all those great series. Its a miracle I found Hush Hush, Infinite Days, Shiver and Linger, Personal Demons and the Sarah Dessen books ,that I've liked so much, before people here started recommending me books.

message 49: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I never bought alot of books back then only a one every now and then (Spent all my money on games) but most of the ones I did I enjoyed because I always check up on things before buying..

message 50: by Carina (new)

Carina Smart girl ;)

« previous 1

YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Clockwork Angel (other topics)
Halo (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah Dessen (other topics)