SDMB - Straight Dope discussion

1 view
Group shelf = swap shelf

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Julie Add a book to the group shelf if you have it and are willing to give it to someone in the group or swap it for another book.

Because the additions will show who put the book on the shelf, people can contact you directly for the book.

As an example, I've put up John Grisham's The Chamber. I put it under "read" because I have read it, but if you have a book to swap/give I don't think it really matters which shelf you put it on.

This is just an experiment, so if it's pretty useless we'll get a new plan.

message 2: by Pam (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:23PM) (new)

Pam | 87 comments How do we add a book to the shelf?

message 3: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:23PM) (new)

Julie To the right and just above the display of the shelf should be a link to "add books."

It should take you to a rather bare-looking search page. I hope.

message 4: by Pam (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Pam | 87 comments Yep -- that works! I added The Midnight Road. It's a ** thriller. The writing was decent but the plot was too implausible for me. Sorta like the Pendergast books by Preston & Child. I like the writing and the characters, but dang, they get silly.

message 5: by bup (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:03PM) (new)

bup Can we put up books that we'd be willing to lend, but that we want back?

message 6: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:03PM) (new)

Julie That's absolutely fine with me.

If you do put a book up, be sure there's a way for someone to contact you if they want it.

message 7: by Julie (last edited Jan 05, 2008 07:11PM) (new)

Julie Just bumping this for any newcomers. I'm adding a few books (the first 3 books of the Belgariad), though there hasn't been (to my knowledge) much action with this idea.