This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
cat scratches in awkward places

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (last edited Jun 23, 2008 12:53PM) (new)

Tracy like, say, under my right thumbnail. don't ask me how it got there either, because the other one is up on my scalp, about an inch back from my hair line... although i know exactly how that one got there. my cat likes to grab my head and meow in my face (as though to say "hey! quit it!") whenever i bug him just a little bit too much.

see, it all started with me on the couch, just watching tv, with my little (actually, gigantic would be more accurate) bundle of purring, furry love asleep on my lap. i found what i took to be a scab on his chin, and thought i should probably take a look at it (even though it's probably self inflicted, because the poor guy has thick, longish fur and it's been crazy hot out the last few weeks, and i think he's really doing everything he knows how to speed up the shedding process). well, i guess he didn't agree with me, and here we are. i can't dye my hair again until my scalp heals, and my thumb hurts whenever i do anything that involves using my thumb (which, as it turns out, is quite a lot of stuff. who knew?)

sigh.

message 2: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill tee hee

message 3: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) I understand your situation, Tracy.

My cat zinged me in the nostril once.

She likes to reach out and put her paw on my face, it's cute and sweet most of the time.

Until she gets startled or frightened.

Then she launches herself away, using my face for traction and in one memorable instance getting her claw caught in my nose.

I hope you heal soon!

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I wonder how many cat owners have that song permanently imbedded in their mental soundtracks? It's in mine for sure.

Aaaaand, now it's stuck in my head again...

message 5: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Amanda, we need to get you medical help. Having any Ted Nugent song stuck in your head for too long can cause damage to the pre-frontal cortex. After two days you can end up with the ability to say only two things: "If we outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns" and "you can't grill until you kill it."

message 6: by Amanda (last edited Jun 28, 2008 04:35PM) (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Oh no. I'm kinda attached to my pre-frontal cortex. I like it just the way it is! Stupid Ted Nugent. And his stupid tiger-striped guitar. Thanks for the health watch, Dave.

Ali, you don't know cat scratch fever? It might be because you have a dog. Do you know Atomic Dog? That's a fun song!

Edit: haha on the musical!

message 7: by Dave (last edited Jun 28, 2008 04:35PM) (new)

Dave Russell I'm so glad I don't know Ted Nugent. I get star-struck around celebrities and I might accidentally tell him I'm a fan, and then I'd hate myself. I once ran into a mayoral candidate and told him I was voting for him, which was a huge lie.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) close enough!

message 9: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Who's Tommy Lee Douglas?

message 10: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I am a big fan of his. I thought he should have been nominated for No Country For Old Men.

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I was totally pretenidng like I knew who you were talking about. hee hee

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.