Clean Romances discussion

Looking For... > Distractions, Inc

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Does anyone know anything about Marcia McClure's publisher, Distractions, Inc? When I Google the name, the only thing that comes up are Marcia's books.

Thanks!

message 2: by Tifferz (new)

Tifferz | 81 comments I believe she is self published. You can go to her website and email her. Marcia is super nice and would most likely answer your questions.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (kathyhabel) | 13 comments Marcia is self published. Distractions Inc. is the company name she publishes under.

message 4: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Aha! I wondered if that was the case. I tell you, in some respects, self-publishing is looking better and better these days. Not quite ready to go that way again yet, but it's good to know about Marcia. I may get in contact with her. Thank you, Tiffany and Kathy, for your help!

message 5: by Tifferz (new)

Tifferz | 81 comments Joyce- Glad to help you out!!!

message 6: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 84 comments Joyce wrote: "Aha! I wondered if that was the case. I tell you, in some respects, self-publishing is looking better and better these days. Not quite ready to go that way again yet, but it's good to know about Ma..."

I believe she said that she self publishes because she doesn't want anyone telling her what she can and can't put in her books.

message 7: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
That's why I originally self-published Loyalty's Web. Because I was tired of publishers either wanting me to put some sex into it, or wanting me to turn it into an inspirational! I was lucky to find Walnut Springs Press, who later picked it up and supported my story the way I wanted to tell it. (A sweet, but secular, romance.) One worries with the economy, though, how long these small presses can keep thriving.

message 8: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 84 comments Well Joyce, I absolutely loved your books, and am so glad you did it the way you did. Thank you for sticking to it!

message 9: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Wow! Thank you, Teryn! I needed to hear that about now. :-)

message 10: by Taffy (new)

Taffy (bookaddicts) | 6 comments Joyce, I liked the books of yours I've read. They are intelligent, sweet, clean and well written.
Keep up the good work!

And that goes for all you who bring us readers good, clean romances...keep 'em coming!

message 11: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Thank you, Taffy!