Love Inspired Historicals discussion

ACFW Conference in Indianapolis, IN Sept. 17-20

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I hope it is OK to start a thread about this.:)I live in Indianapolis, and had a couple of questions I thought someone might be able to answer:

Can you go to the bookstore and the book-signing times if you are not registered as attending the conference? Is that part open to the general public?

Is anyone coming to this conference? I would love to actually get to meet some of you.

A big "thank-you" to anyone who can help me out. I am so excited it is coming up.

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) | 222 comments "Thinking" about it at this point.

message 3: by Carla (last edited Jul 18, 2010 10:31PM) (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
Hi Barbara,

I'm not a member of ACFW, but I'm thinking about becoming one. :-) I think Lyn Cote and/or Renee Ryan are going to Indy. They can probaby best answer your questions tomorrow.

Hugs on the great review of The Protector. I'm thrilled you liked it so well.

Hugs!

message 4: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 75 comments Yes, the booksignings are open to the general public. :)

I'm working on compiling a list of our authors going to ACFW, and you will be able to find it either in our Goodreads group, Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Lo...) or on eHarlequin (http://community.eharlequin.com/forum...).

I know for sure that Margaret Daley, Gail Gaymer Martin, and Allie Pleiter will be in attendance. I know the list is longer, but that's what I have confirmed.

Thanks!
Dream (who will also be there)

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Love Inspired wrote: "Yes, the booksignings are open to the general public. :)

I'm working on compiling a list of our authors going to ACFW, and you will be able to find it either in our Goodreads group, Facebook page..."

That's wonderful. I will definitely plan to come to the booksignings, and it will be great to know who might be there!:)

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments I hope I get to meet you, Barbara.

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Margaret wrote: "I hope I get to meet you, Barbara."

Thank you. I hope I get to meet you also. I'm looking forward to it, especially now that I know I will be able to come to the bookstore!

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 138 comments I am going to the ACFW Conference in September and am very excited about attending!

message 9: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments That is great, Kathy. I'm excited about the conference, too.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Do one in TEXAS! LOL I would come to that.

message 11: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Kingery (goodreadscomlaurie_kingery) | 137 comments Barbara wrote: "I hope it is OK to start a thread about this.:)I live in Indianapolis, and had a couple of questions I thought someone might be able to answer:

Can you go to the bookstore and the book-signing t..."

I'm planning to be at ACFW in Sept. Hope to meet you, Barbara, and everyone else who may be going.

Jennifer, they did two in Texas in 2006 and 2007. I'd love them to do it again as I am a Texan in exile. :)Next year's I hear is in St. Louis, though.

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments darn it! Tell them to come again

message 13: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Kingery (goodreadscomlaurie_kingery) | 137 comments Where do you live, Jennifer? I was born in Temple, lived in San Angelo, and have family in San Antonio and near Austin.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments I know where all of those cities are LOL. My parents grew up near Santa Ana. Lived in Carrollton, San Antonio and New Braunfels area, went to Texas A&M for two and a half years and lived there for four. Now in Beaumont finishing my degree(dad's job moved us and I can live rent free while paying for school)

message 15: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Kingery (goodreadscomlaurie_kingery) | 137 comments Jennifer, my parents lived in New Braunfels area for awhile and I loved it, especially tubing on the Comal and going to Gruene. So you were an Aggie! Wish I could have a winter home in the Texas Hill Country--which is where I set my LIH books.

message 16: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Kathy and Laurie, I hope I get a chance to meet you; I'm looking forward to shopping at the bookstore!

message 17: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Cheryl St.John wrote: ""Thinking" about it at this point."

Is there anything I can do to help persuade you? Ha!

message 18: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Kingery (goodreadscomlaurie_kingery) | 137 comments Barbara wrote: "Kathy and Laurie, I hope I get a chance to meet you; I'm looking forward to shopping at I'm looking forward to shopping at the bookstore!"

Barbara, I don't have a book out currently, but introduce yourself, please! Next book out will be in Nov., MAIL ORDER COWBOY.
Laurie

message 19: by Crystal (new)

Crystal  | 24 comments Cool, Barbara, that you'll be coming to the booksignings! Bring your friends!

There will be so many there. I am going to the conference, and I live in Indiana. I actually lived in Indy for 7 years back many moons ago.

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Laurie wrote: "Jennifer, my parents lived in New Braunfels area for awhile and I loved it, especially tubing on the Comal and going to Gruene. So you were an Aggie! Wish I could have a winter home in the Texas Hi..."

That's too funny! I was there this passed weekend for a wedding shower for one of my friends...miss floating the river, but not the tourist! lol

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Barbara wrote: "Cheryl St.John wrote: ""Thinking" about it at this point."

Is there anything I can do to help persuade you? Ha!"

Hahaha...that made me laugh