David Archuleta Luvrs discussion

David Cook

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Just thought I would share a website I came across and have ordered from several times. www.bookcloseouts.ca
They are located in Canada, but prices are in US dollars. Shipping is fairly resonable and quick (but I am in Southern Ontario so I can't speak for delivery to the US). They sell book ends and over stock etc., all new though. They have a summer reading sale on right now with tons of books for $2.99. I ordered several that are on the club's too-read list. Their stock changes, but I have been really happy so far with everything I have ordered. I found them through Amazon, as they had a copy of a book that Amazon no longer carried.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Ah, the thrill of the hunt! Thanks for the link.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you hate DC or do you like DC?? i hate him so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i luv archie so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 4: by Anna (last edited Jun 23, 2008 10:45AM) (new)

Anna (lilfox) As I said in few other topics in Cracow there are two bookstores where you can buy books about 30 - 75% cheaper and in very good shape (at least one third of my library are the books bought there), but the books are in 90% in Polish. And I think there is no way to buy books via internet while being abroad.

message 5: by Ryan (new)

Ryan abebooks.com has a great section with free shipping - used books very cheap and I've never had a problem with them.

message 6: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) half.com is great too. Shipping isn't free, but a lot of the books are cheap, and if you buy multiple things from the same seller the shipping gets discounted.

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Don't forget e-bay, I've gotten great deals on books there, although most of the cost of the book is generally shipping.

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I just joined PaperBack Swap to get cheap books. Aside from the shipping cost the books are free. The way it works is you swap books with people all over the US. For every book you mail out you get a credit for another book. You pay to ship your books to someone else and who ever you order a book from pays to ship it to you. So far it has worked great! If interested here is a link Swap Your Paperback Books - PaperBackSwap.com

message 9: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne That looks like a cool site as well... unfortunately I'm alittle too far north to use it :(

I'll have to keep checking back to see if the ever have a "sister-site" for Canada!

message 10: by Dottie (new)

Dottie (oxymoronid) Which site, Suzanne?

message 11: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Stirrat And there is bookmooch, which I discovered through this group and am now a HUGE fan. Its amazing. I put up all this old social science stuff and other books I no longer want and get exactly what I want in exchange.

In fact, I just got 2 books that are currently on my Amazon wishlist and 1 that was on my Ps. All for the price of shipping 3 books I couldn't even sell on eBay. LOVE it!

Plus, its a really easy site to use and generally super low maintenance. I cannot recommend it enough.

message 12: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hmatkins) ok so I have been looking into some of the websites you guys have suggested. Anyone have a preference or some differences between bookmooch.com and paperbackswap.com? Just curious. I was checking out both and wondered which one would be better or if it is just personal preference.

message 13: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Sorry Dottie - it is the paperbackswap site I can't use...but I'm going to check in on the bookmooch site!

message 14: by Dottie (new)

Dottie (oxymoronid) Thanks, I think I'm confused about these sites. My older daughter is on one and loves it but I know she can do overseas swaps if she wishes. I will have to ask her again which one it is. If they can do overseas, then I would think they could do Canada, no? I don't know if she is on any others or not. She's hear for a few days -- well, she's at a convention and we are the hotel so we get to visit -- so I can ask this evening if I remember.

message 15: by ♥ Indu (new)

♥ Indu   (ilovehavefun) | 11 comments I like the pic of david archuleta's!!!!!!!!!!!1

message 16: by Jamie (last edited Jun 30, 2008 07:57AM) (new)

Jamie Regarding Paperbackswap and BookMooch, I'm a member of both and there are a couple of key differences between the two. On PBS, you put books on a wishlist where you essentially wait in line until someone has the book you are looking for. Since the book is offered to you only when you are first in line, there isn't much work required to find the book you want. BookMooch, however, is first-come first-served. It's beneficial to check the BookMooch site fairly often because a book can become available at any time and anyone who wants it can request it. Because of this, I actually like PBS better - it just seems like the fairest way to swap. If you are looking for popular books that aren't brand new, either site should work for you because they are often already available (I only look for books that I can't get from the libraries around here, so I've had some books that have been on my wishlists for quite a while). With both clubs, for every book you send out to someone, you will get a credit for another book. To start out, you will receive extra credits for listing the books you'd like to swap. I know that people from overseas can use BookMooch, so that looks like the best option for Canadians (I've sent to Canada and England recently). Lastly, if there are multiple copies available for a book you'd like, you can request the book from the person who is geographically closest to you on BookMooch. You have no say in the matter on PBS.

message 17: by Cortney (new)

Cortney | 1 comments No, i don't. I think they were both really really good singers on American Idol.

☠☼Serena☼☠ | 1 comments how could u Rachel????????????????? DC is gr8!...DA is okaiii...but DC won! BY 12 MILLION VOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 19: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ RIGGED!!! lol. JK. i like them both... XD although i like DA a little more... hee hee XD and i still find it hard to believe that 12 million vote difference. that's just SAD. :(
huh... isn't it ironic that the only discussion in the DA luvrs is called David Cook?? XD

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

that is ironic

message 21: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ IRONY!!!

message 22: by Arctic (new)

Arctic Just stumbledupon Better World Books ( http://www.betterworld.com/ ) which has free shipping on all orders, as well as offering activism related perks. Their prices seem comparable to amazon.

message 23: by whichwaydidshego (new)

whichwaydidshego Oh my goodness, Heather! Wherever did you find this?? This is great stuff! I love the used book thing and the funds for literacy and such. I'm excited to use it the next time I'm looking to buy (being strict with myself right now!).

message 24: by ♠Miriam♠ (new)

♠Miriam♠ (mirizzle) | 7 comments I like dc. he's a good singer 2.

message 25: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i like dc too. but archie definitely should have won!! :(

message 26: by Gwynne (new)

Gwynne Thanks for the link! I'm passing it on to my family and friends. i love that they list local sidewalk sales too!

message 27: by Angie (new)

Angie Great website.. I also passed it on to the readers in my email address book!

message 28: by whichwaydidshego (new)

whichwaydidshego Gwynne, that's the FIRST place I went - the sidewalk sale section!

message 29: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin What do you mean, this isn't the only discussion...

Dc's okay...but I don't really like the way he sings. Archie should have won, he's amazing.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

it was before (the only disscution i mean)

message 31: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ ... when the group was first created.

message 32: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Oh, okay.