Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > It's Friday night after work...what do you do?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, assuming you work a normal week job...what do you usually do when you first get home on a Friday night? Any pattern, routine? If you don't work a normal week job, what's your "Friday" (if one exists, I guess), and what do you do then?

message 2: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11669 comments I'm a stay-at-home parent with a new business on the side.

A "Friday" for me is Sunday during the school year. That's when I know he's going to school the next day and I'll have a few hours to myself. But I can't party or anything that night, because my wife and son both need to get to bed on time to get up Monday morning.

message 3: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6030 comments Break up melee between the twins. Take a shower. Eat dinner. Take kids to pool club until closing. Come home. Drink beer. Pass out on couch during opening credits of "Destroy All Monsters." Come wide awake at 3 a.m. Read.

message 4: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) my Friday is Saturday. I don't have any particular routine. Usually I am so tired (especially in this heat) that I just shower and turn on a game to watch on TV. Until the last few months I spent a lot of time at my daughter's school/activities/volunteering when not working. I am a woman in transition right now.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Depending on the weather, the schedule, and my level of exhaustion, I either:
a)ride the pony
b)go to the gym
c)take the dog for a run
d)get ready for a show if applicable
e)meet friends at restaurant or bar if applicable

My Fridays have been mellow of late, which is ok by me since Saturday is remarkably hectic between the farmer's market, soccer or rugby), and bartending if I don't have a show.
I'm considering trying a Krav Maga class on Saturdays too, since it looks like some good rough fun.

message 6: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6030 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "I'm considering trying a Krav Maga class on Saturdays too, since it looks like some good rough fun"

You must be psychic. I just mentioned Krav Maga in the "Dear (Fill in the Blank)" thread.

What are the odds of that?

message 7: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) I go to Pilates class and pick up pizza afterward.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Weird! Now I suppose I should go read that thread.

message 9: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6030 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "Weird! Now I suppose I should go read that thread."

I took a Krav Maga class a few years back. It was a great workout, but those guys kicked my butt up one side of the gym and down the other. When I woke up the next day, I felt like I'd been trampled by Godzilla.

You've been warned.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm ok with that. I wear bruises with pride, but I do get hurt easily, so we'll see how long that lasts. I really liked the one time self-defence class I took a few months ago.
I've never done any kind of group exercise class, but that seemed like it was more about the action and less about formalities like how you dress.

message 11: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments On Friday evenings I'm usually kind of lost. Fridays are often "meeting" days, crazy busy, and then I get home and it just...stops. Oh, connected to the "going out to eat vs. staying at home" thread, Friday nights are most often pizza nights. And I've been known to fall asleep criminally early.

message 12: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Usually, nothing special. Tonight my husband is out drinking so I'm throwing a party for myself. What should I do at my party?

message 13: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart When I'm at school, Fridays mean hoping that my roommate is going home that weekend (I don't have to worry about that this semester because I don't have a roommate!!!). Doing minimal schoolwork, taking a nap, ordering delivery, and at around 9-10ish walking to the dorm across the street for game night with my friends. Then I return back to my room at around 6-7 that next morning (we go hard), sleep all day, and do it again. Which means Sunday I'm stuck in my room doing all of the work I should have done over the weekend.

message 14: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17338 comments Mod
Fridays I pass the fuck out.

message 15: by Sally, la reina (new)

Every day I do that though. But during the school year I'm just so excited to get to a day with more than 6 hours of sleep under my belt.

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'd like to pretend it is friday night 1999 right now,eleven years ago tonight; I'm just newly 21. In school, not a care in the world, right before fall semester to start.

An afternoon drinking on the patio at the Mexican restaruant near my apartment, then a trip home for a nap and a shower, then down to Pearl street for a whiskey and soda, smokes, and a long night of sipping green-bottled beer.
mmmmm
and pool. I'd always play pool on nights like that.

message 17: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) memories.....

message 18: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11669 comments This past Friday night we had sustained winds at 25 mph, with lightning storms to the west and north. My wife stayed out on the patio, watching the action, until after midnight.

message 19: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I love doing that sort of thing, Phillip.

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments OOOHHH!!! Me, too. :)

I wish we had a chair on the front patio so I could sit out and watch it. We have several chairs in the back on the patio, but it's not covered.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay. It's Friday afternoon, time for afternoon drinks, or it would be if it wasn't July. Dry July is almost over. Yahoo Sunday here I come...

message 22: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments tonight my sister's 11th birthday.

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Barb wrote: "LONG WEEKEND .... YAHOOOOOOOO."

You and your weird Canadian civic holiday. "We need a holiday to celebrate the fact that there isn't a holiday in August." "OK, let's start one!"

I'm very excited because today is GORGEOUS - the spring we didn't have. I will ride the wild pony for the first time in a month, and hope she doesn't buck me off for my troubles.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Yay for riding the pony, Sarah Pi! :)

I'm going kayaking tomorrow. For the first time. With my ex. There's all kinds of potential for disaster there, so it should be interesting!

Cross your fingers for me, everyone!

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Are there rapids, Jackie?

message 26: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Jul 30, 2010 07:04PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments No, we're just paddling around the sound, Sarah, down here at the south end of Budd Inlet. It should be extremely tame.

But I have managed to fall in the sound before without any help from nature. It's effing cold...

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Way to throw that salt in an open wound Barb :-)

message 28: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11669 comments I invited some kids over. I'll make popcorn and put in a movie for them. If the clouds blow over I can open the pool. Meanwhile, the other parents can skip out and enjoy some time to themselves.

message 29: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "No, we're just paddling around the sound, Sarah, down here at the south end of Budd Inlet. It should be extrememly tame.

But I have managed to fall in the sound before without any help from nat..."

have fun Jackie! My first kayaking trip was on the Colorado and I was way too inexperienced... it was actually frightening.

message 30: by Sally, la reina (new)

I just got Leah to fall asleep after nearly an hour of fussing and spitting up the entire contents of her stomach. I deserve a medal. Instead I'll have a chocolate stout and go to bed before 10.