Building a SciFi/Fantasy Library discussion

questions > Looking for a book title

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ninta (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Ninta | 2 comments Hi,

I'm new. I need to know the title of a science fiction book, and maybe one of you has read it.

I read this book in 1994, found it in my dad's corner of forgotten books. I think it might have been printed in the range 60's to early 80's.

The book tells about earth's sun dying and earth is dying with it. Intelligence agencies worldwide have worked together and have found a tapping beacon on both of the earth's poles(i think, well somewhere on earth). The beacons are redirecting the sun's power/light somewhere else. So, NASA or some space agency then send a group of scientists and soldiers to outer space to find out the source, study/steal technology and destroy it. So this group goes planet to planet.

*************spoiler************
And they find a tapping beacon on every planet. The started towards the sun first, then outwards towards Pluto (Pluto was still a planet back then). It turns out that the source was the people/aliens in Pluto. The sun was too far from them, and they needed more sunlight. The closest star is Sun. Invading Earth was too much of a hassle, so they used the Sun-power-tapping-method instead. then they try to stop these Pluto people
************Spoiler end************

Now, has anyone read that book? I don't know the title nor the author. I want to recommend this book to a friend, and add it to my book collection as well.

Cheers.

message 2: by Ninta (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Ninta | 2 comments Yes, I guess it is that book. Thank you so much. You did a lot of work there. I tried googling myself but I guess I wasn't persistent enough. It's been bugging me for years!

I read it when I was younger and back then it was a fantastic book to me. I couldn't put it down. It was the book that got me reading science fiction. Perhaps if I would read it now, it wouldn't seem as great, or maybe it will still be.

Once again thank you!