Maximum Ride RP discussion

General > Talk About The Books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rex (new)

Rex  Talk about the books here.

I personally liked the first 3 books the best. The fourth kind of sucked, then Max: A Novel was okay. I haven't read Fang yet, but I plan to.

I love Iggy the best I think. He's just such a great guy, he never complains, even though he's blind and has it the hardest. He's sweet too....plus he looks adorable in the Manga.

message 2: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 186 comments I liked the first three a lot, and as you said, the 4th stunk, and the 5th was okay. But read Fang for sure- it was much better than the previous two.

message 3: by Rex (new)

Rex  I'm relieved to hear that. I've heard that from a few different place, so I figure it must be true...

I heard that Angel goes into bitch mode though. I never really did like that girl....

Also, Max can be kind Mary Sue sometimes....but I love the others. Iggy = <3

message 4: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 186 comments I <3 Fang.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Agent Six a.k.a. Empress Of Night wrote: "I'm relieved to hear that. I've heard that from a few different place, so I figure it must be true...

I heard that Angel goes into bitch mode though. I never really did like that girl....

Also, M..."

Angel does go bitch. <.< Broke my heart.

Iggy, yes! :D I love Fang haha.

message 6: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 186 comments ME TOO, ohmigosh, she was SO mean.

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 84 comments I love them all and right now I want to hurt Fang but I love him...and Iggy.

message 8: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire | 148 comments Agent Six a.k.a. Empress Of Night wrote: "Talk about the books here.

I personally liked the first 3 books the best. The fourth kind of sucked, then Max: A Novel was okay. I haven't read Fang yet, but I plan to.

I love Iggy the best..."

TOTALLY agree with everything in that post. Iggy FTW!

message 9: by ℰmma☽ (new)

ℰmma☽ (justsomeradgal) wow, idiot moment, what does ftw mean?

message 10: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire | 148 comments For The Win!

message 11: by ℰmma☽ (new)

ℰmma☽ (justsomeradgal) ohhh. thanks youuu.

message 12: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire | 148 comments No problem!

message 13: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 186 comments SWIFTY!

message 14: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire | 148 comments LUNA!

message 15: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 186 comments SWIFTY!

message 16: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire | 148 comments LUNA!

*slow motion run-towards-each-other-and-hug thing*

message 17: by Rex (new)

Rex  Guys love you, but there's a chat section for this type of thing. I know it's hard (trust me, I'm guilty of this too) but I wanna try and keep this place in order.

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 84 comments I always liked Iggy.

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 84 comments He can if he's been snow blinded first.

message 20: by Rex (new)

Rex  Lol, irony.

Don't worry about spoilers. The fifth book has been out long enough that it's all our faults for not reading it. I plan to get it tomorrow myself, but I've already wiki-ed it. Spoilers don't bother me.

message 21: by Rex (new)

Rex  Ik that Fang leaves (after being tortured? *shock*) and that Dylan is all like "Max, I'm perfect for you! Love me!" And Angel is a bitch....but I don't much more...but I will soon!

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 84 comments I read them right before Fang came out.

message 23: by Rex (new)

Rex  OOH! Lucky, that means you didn't have to wait forever. :D

message 24: by Rex (new)

Rex  Really? I'm actually quiet fond of Fang...he seems non-dramatic.

Max can annoy me sometimes because she's super controlling and sometimes seems too perfect.

Iggy is by far my fav though. I just love that boy.

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 84 comments I still have to wait for Angel. I told someone on another group that Fang was going to get together with Max2 and call her Maggie and she was going to die her hair and Max was going to be with Dilan but when they team up to fight evil the origanal Max and Fang where going to start faling for eachother again and Max2 would start falling for Dilan and Dilan for Max2 and it be this big love mess. She believed me when I said that.

message 26: by Rex (new)

Rex  Hehehe. She's in for a surprise.

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 84 comments I really don't know all of what will happen but I have my suspicions.

message 28: by ℰmma☽ (new)

ℰmma☽ (justsomeradgal) I havent read any of them, but i plan to. they seem cool. I went on wikipedia and stuff, and i dont care about spoilers either. they just make me want to read the book more to find out what happens.

message 29: by ℰmma☽ (new)

ℰmma☽ (justsomeradgal) About the characters. that um i forgot his name but some dude is blind unless his surroundings are white, and he can tell who someone is by feeling their finger print. some other dude, gazzy i think, can make a gas that does something i forgot... and that eventually max gets feelings for fang...
um... i dont remember much cause it was in the middle of the night when i found this out.

message 30: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire | 148 comments IGGY. IGGY IS BLIND. AND HE CAN COOK. *spazzes*

message 31: by ℰmma☽ (new)

ℰmma☽ (justsomeradgal) mkay.

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 84 comments And Iggy and Gazzy are both bomb experts. Gazzy can imitate any voice he wants and he VERY smelly farts.

message 33: by ℰmma☽ (new)

ℰmma☽ (justsomeradgal) yeah, i read that on wikipedia...

message 34: by ℰmma☽ (new)

ℰmma☽ (justsomeradgal) cool. i think i read that too but im not sure. isnt there a dog that can talk and then gets married? i forget his name though

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 84 comments Total.
Nudge can also hack any conputer easy.

message 36: by ℰmma☽ (new)

ℰmma☽ (justsomeradgal) cool

message 38: by Rex (last edited Jul 21, 2010 12:01AM) (new)

Rex  GUESS WHO JUST FINISHED FANG?! I DID!

It was great, definitely better than four. I feel bad for Dylan....he should get with Max's sister when she's older.

I love Iggy so so much, even if he annoyed me a bit in this book. But he really never complains, so it's okay. Everyone has their moments.

Angel was a bitch of course and I would have slapped the shit out of her if I was in the flock....seriously, that's not really realistic. I mean, I can see Max refraining from hitting her sometimes (since she's a mom figure) but I think the sibling vibe would come out more and there'd be more hitting...I don't really know. The dynamics of their relationship are kind of blurry.

Anyway, love Fang. Especially his random little freak out over winning the jackpot in Vegas. Nice to get into his head for once, and the others, for that matter.<3

Why the fuck is Angle such a cold heart-ed little bitch? You think she's be more freaked when learning "Fang will die soon." Or fuck, at least not believe the freaking scientists. I mean, hello dumbass, you've been raised in a cage and brutally experimented on, you'd think you learn?....Although, I Angel was only two when they left, and she hasn't been through as much testing....still...she's a dumb ass little megalomaniac bitch.

message 39: by Rex (new)

Rex  Yeah, same here. I like Iggy as blind, but I really sympathize with his character and wish he could get new eyes....Though, I can see where Max was worried. I mean, those eyes has TRAP written all over them. If he'd gotten Iggy under the knife, what would he have really done too him? Injected him with genetic accelerators? Plant a chip in him? Never let him go?

I really want Iggy to have more parts in the book, and not just as comic relief or seen taunting Max and Fang.

message 40: by Rex (new)

Rex  I know the next one is called Angel, but it should be the last of the three part-er.

Yeah, have you noticed each story arc runs through three books? I mean there are the first three, which are all part of the original series, are all "Maximum Ride Book 1/2/3. But if you look on the side of four you see "The Protectors Book 1." (You can also see it labeled as such on Amazon.) So it's actually like he decided to start a spin off series at the last second.....

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 84 comments Hey! I like Nudge. For one I'm half-black. Two I talk a lot if I can get you to listen and three she kicks ass... In my opinion.

message 42: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 186 comments I started reading Maximum Ride when I was the same age as Nudge, plus we had the same personalities, so I related to her the most. She rocks.

message 43: by EmmaDenton (new)

EmmaDenton | 1 comments what is this group about?

message 44: by Rex (new)

Rex  PyroLily *I am turely a night owl* wrote: "Hey! I like Nudge. For one I'm half-black. Two I talk a lot if I can get you to listen and three she kicks ass... In my opinion."

I like Nudge too. Especially when she runs off in the first book to look for her mom, just because she took Fang down a peg. Also hacker=pure awesome.

priate_kid ♥ wrote: "what is this group about?"

...It's a Maximum Ride Roleplay. Why would you join if you didn't know what it was about?

message 45: by Rex (last edited Jul 21, 2010 09:10AM) (new)

Rex  I think that's actually a pretty good theory. I'm leaning towards "saving" just because no one would like it if half the world up-ed and died (also it wouldn't fit the mood of the books, especially when the characters don't even cuss) but I think that they may start making more bird-kids/mates for the flock and maybe try and integrate the mutants into the human population.....And I want Iggy to get a girlfriend dammit! He's probably feeling unloved....:(

message 46: by Amaranta (new)

Amaranta (foreverreader) Oh, poor Iggy. I think he should get a girlfriend, too. What about that girl in the second book? He seemed to like her. Maybe he could find her and they could start dating.

message 47: by Rex (new)

Rex  It's probably be along the lines of Biological warfare....or maybe they'll try to mutate everyone through the water, like they did to the flock in FANG.

message 48: by Rex (new)

Rex  I want someone other than Angel and Max to step up and do something awesome.

message 49: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire | 148 comments *cough* Or Iggy...

message 50: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire | 148 comments ^-^

« previous 1