Unputdownables Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 113 comments This is another category that I enjoy quite a bit. After I've read a very heavy book I like to read something a lot more light hearted. Two of my favorite humor authors are:

Laurie Notaroand David Sedaris

All of the books I've read from both of them have been great. I'm currently reading Autobiography of a Fat Bride: True Tales of a Pretend Adulthoodby Notaro. Me Talk Pretty One Dayby Sedaris is literally pee-your-pants funny!

message 2: by Wallace (new)

Wallace | 303 comments Mod
I'm so glad you added this category... good call! I just bought My Booky Wook by Russell Brand. I know he's horribly offensive to people, but I find him hilarious.

I had no idea the Me Talk Pretty One Day was a funny book. I am so dense... for some reason I though it was supposed to be a super serious/sad book (don't ask me why because I can't remember now why i thought that). Good to know!

message 3: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 113 comments I love Russell Brand! Let me know how you like his book.

message 4: by Wallace (new)

I will. Did you see him on Jimmy Kimmel? I could not stop laughing!

message 5: by Raymond (new)

Raymond (byraymondarturo) | 16 comments I Am America by Stephen Colbert
Obnoxious comedy. Good stuff. I didn't laugh out loud but this is the closest I've gotten to it.

By the way, I'm adding all the books you guys have suggested! :D

message 7: by Wallace (new)

Oh I second Undead and Unwed. That is a funny series.

I'm adding these two to the Mystery category as well... One for the Money and Two for the Dough

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I thought Chelsea Handler's Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea was hilarious. But, like Wallace said about Russell Brand, she might be offensive to some.

(Thanks for the recommendation, Wallace. I just added My Booky Wook to my tbr.)

message 9: by Liz (new)

Liz I really loved The Princess Bride!

message 10: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelly_) Christopher Moore is my go-to for humour, I'd have to say Lamb is the best one I've read so far.

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan Sophie Kinsella, Garrison Keillor and P. G. Wodehouse make me laugh out loud.