Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Incorrect Librarian Edits

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jenjn79 (last edited Jun 21, 2008 12:02PM) (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments So I just ran into a bit of an odd problem. Someone changed all the data of a book's most popular edition - the main U.S. release which has about 1300 ratings - to a Portuguese edition. They basically deleted every piece of info - even ISBN - and added their own for that foreign edition.

What's the best way to handle something like that? Obviously the data needs to be changed back because the ratings were for the original edition. But should I do anything else - contact the Librarian, or what?

I'm a little baffled that someone would completely change an edition like that...

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Moorhouse A note to the librarian would probably be a good idea. Perhaps they don't know how to add a book manually if it's not in the database?

message 3: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments I wondered that too. Just really odd for someone to do - to just wipe out a book's info completely. It makes me wish there was a way to lock-down books that have all the necessary info and don't require any more editing.

I changed the edition back, then created a new one copying all the Portuguese edition's info and combined. I will send the user a note about it and see what happens.