Shoals Area Book Chicks discussion

July Meeting

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JoAnn (new)

JoAnn H. (JoAnnH) | 26 comments Mod
Hey everyone!! Can anyone meet this Saturday (July 17) to discuss the book "Barefoot" and "Angel Star" before we all forget what we've read. :) I know Amy has been finished for quite a long time now and hopefully her notes will jar her memory. ;) Anyways, I would like to meet @ 3:00pm. Sorry about the delay in the meeting. I can't wait to meet you all! If you haven't read the books, don't worry. We will also pick our next book to read for the month of August. :)

message 2: by JoAnn (new)

How about everyone make a list of at least one book that you would like to suggest we read for our August meeting.

"Never Let You Go" by Erin Healy
"The Help" by Kathryn Stockett
"The Forbidden Game: The Hunter; The Chase; The Kill" by L.J. Smith

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy (blueeyes11283) I remember enough of Barefoot that I can discuss it, as for Angel Star, I wasn't aware that was another book we were to read and discuss. I haven't read it yet. I can think of three books that would make for good book discussions, the top on in particular. I was browsing through the bookstore in Corinth on Saturday, and came across "Look again" by Lisa Scotoline, and it was one of those books you see that you just have to read.

Look again by Lisa Scotoline

One season of sunshine by Julia London

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

message 4: by JoAnn (new)

Hey everyone! Due to Sarah's mom having emergency surgery today (yes, she is doing well), we will not have our meeting until July 31 @ 3:00 pm and Books-A-Million in Florence, AL. If something comes up and she cannot make it, then we'll change it again. Sorry about the change again. Hope you all are having a great day and happy reading! :)

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy (blueeyes11283) That's fine, hope she will be ok. The 31st works good for me, I get paid the day before, so maybe I will have some book money to burn! :)

message 6: by JoAnn (new)

Awesome!! :) Thanks!!

message 7: by JoAnn (new)

What do you like to read? We can always break into groups where at least two people are reading the same book.

message 8: by JoAnn (new)

Just a friendly reminder, but we are meeting this Saturday, July 31 at 3:00pm at
Books-A-Million in Florence, AL if any of you can make it. Sarah's mom will not be able to make it but is doing better. I hope to see you all there. :)

message 9: by JoAnn (new)

Hi everyone! We are still meeting this Saturday, July 31st at the Books-A-Million in Florence but we need to move the time to 4:00 pm instead of 3. I hope this doesn't inconvience anyone too much. I can't wait! Yay!

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy (blueeyes11283) That works fine for me, I will be there. Taylor is coming with me, but don't worry I will shoo him off somewhere. All we have to do is start discussing a book involving females and he will probably run away. He was wanting to go with me to poke around the store, and just get out of the house for a few hours..

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Duncan (sarahbertha) | 9 comments I am going to see if my mom might be able to make it Saturday, but if she can't she said that she would be there in August!

"Uglies" by Scott Westerfield

message 12: by JoAnn (new)

I so want to read the "uglies" series!

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Duncan (sarahbertha) | 9 comments Me too!!!!!!!!1 So that way I won't feel guilty for buying them if I have to read them for the group. :)

message 14: by JoAnn (new)

Sounds like a winner! :)

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan | 1 comments I am new to group and may not belong since usually read romance. Kristen Ashley, Nora Roberts (and JD Robb) are two of my favorites. I live about 30 minutes from Florence, AL. If you are still meeting please let me know.