Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > In Praise of Popsicles/Heidi imitates Bill Cosby

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ladies and Gentlemen, I stand before you today to praise popsicles.

I've been sick the last few days, and I've eaten about 100 popsicles. After a weaving, hallucinatory drive to the supermarket, I found out that Popsicle brand, uh, popsicles were on sale for A DOLLAR A BOX. I bought ten boxes. I got mostly the grape/orange/cherry boxes, but some lemon/lime/root beer, too (but the root beer ones are gross, you can have them) and damn, they're good. And the sticks have jokes on them! What other food tells you jokes?

That is all. Thank you, world, for popsicles.

Thoughts?

message 2: by smetchie (last edited Jul 11, 2010 05:26AM) (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Agreed. Popsicles rock and you can eat a billion of them without getting full.

message 3: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments [image error]

i've been eating these. the green ones are my favorite.

message 4: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) remember the ice cream truck and bomb pops?!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I love popsicles! I just bought some yesterday, the first ones this summer, because it finally got properly hot and summery in the northwest last week.

I like these:

I have tangerine AND lemonade popsicles in my freezer RIGHT NOW. :)

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "What other food tells you jokes?"

Umm, laffy taffy.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I'm STRONGLY not a fan of popsicles. I do like those Edy's Creamy Coconut bars, though - pure heaven.

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Heidi wrote: "RandomAnthony wrote: "What other food tells you jokes?"

Umm, laffy taffy."

Do they? And coconut popsicles? Ew. We must part on that issue, Heidi.

message 9: by Heidi (last edited Jul 11, 2010 06:08PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "And coconut popsicles? Ew. We must part on that issue, Heidi."

They're coconut milk, not shredded or chopped coconut. THEY ARE DIVINE!

message 10: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Do they?"

TWO jokes on the back of the wrapper. :)

I get my best ones there.

For instance:

What do you call a twitchy cow?

Beef Jerky

What do you call four matadors stuck in quicksand?

Quatro Cinco

:)

message 11: by Youndyc (new)

Youndyc | 1255 comments I really like the fruit bars, but not the regular Popsicles. When I was a kid, we used to make our own cranberry juices popsicles - tart but yummy.

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I miss Jello pops. Those were the best!

message 13: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments If anyone does a Bill Cosby imitation right now I am kicking him/her in the shins.

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments You can't. You're there. I'm here. :P

message 15: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jul 11, 2010 08:09AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm now imagining Heidi doing a Bill Cosby Jello Pops imitation, and I have to admit it's pretty funny.

message 16: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I'M NOT DOING IT!!!

>: /

message 17: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yes you are. You can't help it.

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17338 comments Mod
Did RA update this thread title to goad Heiderson? I love it!

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

the title updating, that is. not the goading.

message 20: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sally wrote: "the title updating, that is. not the goading."

Oh sure.

message 21: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Hey, hey, hey, it's possible to make Jello Pudding Pops yourself:

description

message 22: by Sally, la reina (new)

Hey, hey, hey!

message 23: by Jonathan (last edited Jul 11, 2010 10:10AM) (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments

message 25: by Mona (new)

Mona Garg (k1721m) | 350 comments Heidi wrote: "RandomAnthony wrote: "And coconut popsicles? Ew. We must part on that issue, Heidi."

They're coconut milk, not shredded or chopped coconut. THE ARE DIVINE!"

Heidi: I'm with you on this one. LOVE anything with coconut(brownies,cake,pie,popsicles...).

I need to try these. How unhealthy are they?

message 26: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Mona wrote: "Heidi wrote: "RandomAnthony wrote: "And coconut popsicles? Ew. We must part on that issue, Heidi."

Heidi: I'm with you o..."

They're lowfat and calorie free (almost)!!!

message 27: by Heidi (last edited Jul 11, 2010 06:10PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jonathan wrote: "Hey, hey, hey, it's possible to make Jello Pudding Pops yourself:

"

It wasn't the pudding pops I like. It was the Jello gelatin pops that made me happy.

message 28: by Heidi (last edited Jul 11, 2010 06:11PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sally wrote: "Did RA update this thread title to goad Heiderson? I love it!"

I like it when he changes thread titles, too. This one kind of made me laugh (ssshh, don't tell him or else he might stop trying to goad me).

message 29: by Sally, la reina (new)

as much as, equal to, or almost as much as foot pictures in all the threads?

message 30: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments The foot pictures still gross me out.

: /

message 31: by Mona (new)

Mona Garg (k1721m) | 350 comments Heidi wrote: "Mona wrote: "Heidi wrote: "RandomAnthony wrote: "And coconut popsicles? Ew. We must part on that issue, Heidi."

Heidi: I..."

Ok, Heidi, now I'm really tempted. Are they pricey like the Haagen-Daz/Dove/Starbucks brands?

message 32: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i am not a big fan of popsicles. i can take them or leave them. i do like those freezy pop things where you bite off the plastic at the top and squeeze the frozen syrup stuff into your mouth.

message 33: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments when i was a kid we made fake-sicles almost every day where you put kool-aid in the ice cube trays and tried to make a toothpick stick up in them so you had a handle.

message 34: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Man, I try to get my kids not to bite the tops off of gogurt and those freeze-pop things. Bad for your teeth. But I'm a bad role model.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I like popsicles, they are almost guilt free.

message 36: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You can eat TEN popsicles and it's only 450 calories. That rules.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

That truly is a bonus!

message 38: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments if you suck on frozen water it is 0 calories

message 39: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24290 comments Mod
Hey, that Dreyer's box and the Edy's box have exactly the same typeface, design, and coloring. I've never heard of Dreyer's before, but I have heard of (and love) Breyer's.

Ok, nevermind. Wikipedia to the rescue:

Breyers is sometimes confused with Dreyer's, a Nestlé brand. While William Breyer founded his ice cream on the east coast, another man, William Dreyer, founded an ice cream company on the west coast. As the two brands increased their reach across the country, a similarity of name issue was inevitable. In 1981, Dreyer’s made the decision not to sell Dreyer’s branded products in the east. In an agreement with Breyers, Dreyer's sought to market its product east of the Rocky Mountains under the "Edy's Grand" name.[1:] However, Breyers made no similar reciprocal agreement, and by the mid-1980s began to distribute Breyers ice cream to states throughout the midwestern and western United States.[2:] As a result, both Breyers and Dreyer's can be found on grocery shelves in western states.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.