Zombies! discussion

Book Discussions > World War Z Question

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:21PM) (new)

Christen | 41 comments To anyone who has read World War Z -

What do you think happened to North Korea? It was one of the most compelling ideas in the book, I thought.

message 2: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Christen | 41 comments Yeah I kept wondering whether they survived in there or not. I thought for sure he'd mention it again later in the book. So intriguing!

message 3: by Christen (new)

Christen | 41 comments Hey I wanted to bump this thread to the top to get some more ideas on it.

message 4: by Dani (new)

Dani (bunnyunderground) North Korea lives!

But seriously, I love how he left that open. Very creepy and mysterious.

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie | 118 comments I wondered about North Korea as well. Do you think maybe the government did like a mass killing? To make sure that another country would never help them nor would their civilians go anywhere else?

message 6: by Randy (new)

Randy | 36 comments NK obviously adopted a blanketed isolationist tactic to combat the threat. In that thread, they chose not to accept or offer any help. As far as the story goes, no one will find out until the collective remaining governments get their act together and once again start branching out beyond their own borders. It would be interesting to read a post script about some ambassador who wanders over there to re-establish diplomatic ties.

Hmmm...that's a good idea for a short story.