Kindle Owners discussion

Issues with my Kindle!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) Hey guys... I'm having a strange issue with my Kindle. Every once in a while, usually every 5 pages or so I'll come across a portion of text that has been highlighted. This is before I've even read it.

I know that's not normal. Anyone else come across this issue or know how to fix it?

It's not a huge deal, it's just becoming a bit annoying.

:)

message 2: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) I'm not sure, how would I go about getting the latest update?

message 3: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) Someone else was able to help me!

If anyone else has this problem. go to:

Home
Menu
Settings
then scroll to Popular Highlights... and simply turn it off!

:)

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Kelleigh wrote: "Someone else was able to help me!

If anyone else has this problem. go to:

Home
Menu
Settings
then scroll to Popular Highlights... and simply turn it off!

:)"

Thanks, Kalleigh! I appreciate it!

message 5: by Sassy (new)

Sassy | 6 comments I read the post about seeing highlights on books someone was reading a while back. I was not having the problem at the time, but now I am! However,thanks to you all, I know how to resolve it. I started wondering if I wanted to highlight that part of the book because it was already highlighted, or did it truly interest me. I know, corny huh!
Happy Reading!

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 5 comments Thanks! This just happened to me AFTER a version update. Kindle2.5.6
I gave the highlighted parts more attention just like Sassy but wondered if I would have just skipped right by it otherwise. Anyway, I turned it off thanks to you all.

message 7: by Deb (new)

Deb Hallock | 7 comments I'm having trouble downloading music onto my kindle, I have the one that came out before the newest one.