Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Member Reviews > Vampire Book Club reviews

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments My blog - VampireBookClub.net - reviews urban fantasy, paranormal romance and fantasy (both adult and YA).

A couple new reviews of EXCELLENT books:

Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Comments are totally appreciated. Also, The Iron King is the group read for July -- so I'll have discussion topics up each week. It's definitely an escapist read.

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments Because you can appreciate book discussions -- the first discussion topic for The Iron King group read is now up.

Thoughts: Use of Shakespeare’s characters in The Iron King

message 3: by LilaBird (new)

LilaBird | 52 comments I would LOVE it if you guys would come join my facebook page -- I set it up specifically for reading and reviewing Paranormal YA books (in the search for the next Twilight -- or something better!). If you guys would be willing to come be a part of it and help us by adding your great reviews, that would be fantastic! Anyone who wants to is more than welcome to join!!! Here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Search-...

message 4: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments We posted a more complete review of Unholy Ghosts last night. Get the details, then order the book. It's amazing.

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments A review of the first book (novella, really) in Moira Rogers' new series Building Santuary. The new series is a prequel to the Red Rock Pass books.

Review: A Safe Harbor (Building Sanctuary #1)

message 6: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments Review of the second Downside Ghosts book, Unholy Magic, by Stacia Kane is now up. Also, right now I have a contest to win both Unholy Ghosts and Unholy Magic alongside a Q&A with Stacia Kane.

Review: Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts #2)

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments An early review of the second Iron Fey novel by Julie Kagawa, The Iron Daughter.

Review: The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey #2)

Psst. We loved it.

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments Added a review of Kim Harrison's Dead Witch Walking, the first novel in The Hollows series to the blog last week.

Review: Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows #1)

Also, while not a review, we do have a couple of copies of the just-released The Iron Daughter, along with some jewelry, up for grabs in an Iron Fey prize pack contest. 2 winners. It's open through Aug. 16. You can enter here.

message 10: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments Today's new review is really in preparation for an advanced review of Veil of Shadows. We wanted everyone to be prepared, so we reviewed the earlier novel, Through the Veil.

Review: Through the Veil by Shiloh Walker

message 11: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments Just posted a review of J.A. Saare's Crimson Moon. This book is the August group read at Vampire Book Club. We'll have discussion posts each week (including a forthcoming Q&A with the author).

Review: Crimson Moon by J.A. Saare

message 12: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments Reviewed David Bridger's short novella Beauty and the Bastard on Tuesday. It's a simple story focusing on the redemptive power of love. Nice, quick paranormal romance. (I'm kind of a novella hater, so I was surprised this one felt so very complete.)

Review: Beauty and the Bastard by David Bridger

message 13: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments A few new reviews on the site -- two popular YA titles (really, the Mockingjay post isn't a full review) and a steamy paranormal romance.

Review: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

A thought on Mockingjay (no spoilers)

Review: Michael (Blood & Sex #1) by Angela Cameron

message 14: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments Just posted an early review of Shiloh Walker's Veil of Shadows. Fantastic read.

Review: Veil of Shadows (Veil #2) by Shiloh Walker

Veil of Shadows (Veil, #2) by Shiloh Walker

message 15: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments In love with Eve Silver's writing. Latest review is for the just-released second book in her Otherkin trilogy.

Review: Sins of the Soul (Otherkin #2) by Eve Silver

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) My fave series are...

Southern Vampire Series- I see alot of my self in sookie (is that good of bad? lol).
Twilight Saga- I love everything about this series breaking dawn is my fave.
Argeneau Vampire Novels- Sexy funny exciting and just fab.
Anita blake series- sexy Serious and exciting.
The Vampire chronicles- This was the first series of books I ever read and began my love of vampires and the paranormal.

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4) by Stephenie Meyer A Bite to Remember (Argeneau, #5) by Lynsay Sands Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton Complete Vampire Chronicles (Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Queen of the Damned, The Tale of the Body Thief) by Anne Rice

message 17: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments Rebecca wrote: "My fave series are...

Southern Vampire Series- I see alot of my self in sookie (is that good of bad? lol).
Twilight Saga- I love everything about this series breaking dawn is my fave.
Argeneau..."

Great picks, Rebecca!

message 18: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments For those who liked Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguié's last YA series Wicked (Wicked: Witch & Curse), we have a review of their new series opener, Crusade.

It has a really intriguing take on vampires coming 'out of the coffin' (yes, they're the bad guys) and characters we care about. Read the review for the full skinny.

Review: Crusade by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguié

Crusade by Holder, Nancy

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) and I forgot Vampire academy
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead

message 20: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 89 comments I've really loved the last few novels I've read. Especially loved the early copy of The Iron Duke I just finished. On to the reviews:

Early Review: The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook

Review: Crave by Melinda Metz & Laura J. Burns

Review: City of Bones (Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare

The Iron Duke (The Iron Seas, #1) by Meljean Brook Crave by Melinda Metz City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare