Mythic Fiction discussion

Books and Authors > Jim Hines

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jax (new)

Jax (anti-cato) | 5 comments Has anyone read his books?

http://www.jimchines.com/novels/princ...

They look good, but for some reason my public library system (Toronto, which is usually amazing) only has the first book (Stepsister Scheme) as a reference book only.

Before I actually go roll up my pennies to purchase it, has anyone read it? is it good?

message 2: by Bill (new)

Bill (reedye) | 3 comments Not read any (yet) myself Jax but there are chapter samples (pdf) of the first three books on the link you gave so you can try them. I'm going to.

message 3: by Jax (new)

Jax (anti-cato) | 5 comments hihi,

I have problems with reading stuff on a computer screen, my contact lenses don't allow for this to happen for a long period of time. Let me know what you think :)

message 4: by Snail in Danger (Sid) (last edited Jul 09, 2010 08:50AM) (new)

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides (upsight) | 8 comments I checked it out from the library but couldn't really get into it enough to keep reading.

(And when I say "it" I mean The Stepsister Scheme.)

message 5: by Bill (new)

Bill (reedye) | 3 comments Jax wrote: "hihi,

I have problems with reading stuff on a computer screen, my contact lenses don't allow for this to happen for a long period of time. Let me know what you think :)"

Me too. I have downloaded them but I always print off to read.

message 6: by Jax (new)

Jax (anti-cato) | 5 comments Yeah, that's an option, but i feel bad about the paper...for some reason.

message 7: by Jax (new)

Jax (anti-cato) | 5 comments was it something in particular you didnt like, Nikki?

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides (upsight) | 8 comments This is what I said in my review here on Goodreads: "Seemed like there was a lot of backstory here that was told, not shown. Yes, I know, a ton of it is fairy tales - but the premise here is 'twist on fairy tales,' and meh, insufficient info."

That was written several months ago, so I don't really remember anything more than that.

message 9: by Jax (new)

Jax (anti-cato) | 5 comments Ok, so I did finally get this book and it's good for what it is, i suppose. Not spectacular but a good beach read...if you like that sorta thing.