Writing Haven discussion

Books > Angels/Demons

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Angels and demons seem to be getting very popular lately! Post your favorite books about them below! :)

message 2: by Hannah Shane (new)

Hannah Shane De Leon | 10 comments I've only read hush, hush and fallen so far... I'm writing a book about that though :P

message 3: by Starzee (last edited Jul 08, 2010 10:56PM) (new)

Starzee | 21 comments Yeah ive read Hush Hush and Fallen, LOVED hush hush.

ummm.... Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter is pretty good. Theyre demons.

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld, #3) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6) by Gena Showalter

message 4: by No One (new)

No One (baka) I've only read manga on angels and demons. And that's Angel Sanctuary
[image error]

message 5: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 21 comments Yeah i read the first one of Angel Sanctuary but the incest in it got to me. Am going to continue the series though as a friend told me it becomes less central to the story.

I read a couple of manga with angels and demons in them. cant recall off the top of my head the titles of them though

message 6: by Lacey (last edited Jul 09, 2010 08:32AM) (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
Okay, so I'm a huge fan of books about Angels, Here are just a few that I absolutely love and recommend for you guys to read!!

Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia
Book of Love (Knight Angels, #1) by Abra Ebner Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

message 7: by Garrett (last edited Jul 09, 2010 10:54AM) (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Has anyone heard of this one? It's called Angelology, and it's not a young-adult novel, but I saw it in the store, and I thought it looked really good. Angelology by Danielle Trussoni

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm writing a book and it has angels and demons in it. :) I think it will be intresting.

message 9: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
Garrett wrote: "Has anyone heard of this one? It's called Angelology, and it's not a young-adult novel, but I saw it in the store, and I thought it looked really good.Angelology by Danielle Trussoni"

I haven't but my friends going to let me borrow her copy of it, it's been getting mixed reviews.

message 10: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Yeah, I noticed on its Goodread page it's getting an average of three stars. :) I read the description of Angel Star on Amazon, and it sounds really good! The only problem is when I get paid, I won't have enough to get that AND Radiant Darkness, the book you recommended me. :)

message 11: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
I totally recommend Radiant Darkness, I know for sure I like that one!

message 12: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I think I'll get that one! :) I might get Heavenly, too; I DO have enough for that one and Radiant Darkness both.

message 13: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
I ordered Heavenly already!

message 14: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Cool! Maybe I'll get that one, but I've been thinking about The Iron King, too. Hmm...

message 15: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
Read that too! LoL!

message 16: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) So many books, so little time... lol

message 17: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
I know what you mean, I'm reading "The Crow" by Alison Croggon right now...

message 18: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I got on Amazon to look for other books that are Greek retellings, but I couldn't find any. Here's one I got not long ago and it one of my favorite books: Sirena by Donna Jo Napoli I loved it, and it is the saddest ending I've ever read. It retells the Siren myth.

message 19: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
Interesting, I'll have to check it out, I haven't heard of it! I do like Greek retellings!!

message 20: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) It's hard to find a copy of it that's new and isn't expensive. :( And it's a really quick book, but it's kind of haunting. I did a review of it on a blog I started but never get on anymore. :D

message 21: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
I have a blog too! Just started though so can't say I've been away from it for awhile! LoL!

message 22: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I'm thinking about sarting a new one, because the one I've had is sort of...blah. :)

message 23: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
LoL! Then start a new one! Start with a blank canvas!

message 24: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Okay! I just went out to check the mail a second ago, and there was a book in there! THAT was unexpected!

message 25: by Kayla (last edited Jul 09, 2010 12:50PM) (new)

Kayla :) Lol! I spent over two weeks checking the mail nonstop when Lynn sent me her book.

message 26: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I was totally surprised! :) The author's agent was giving away books, and I emailed him, but never got a reply. I figured they were out, but I guess not! :D
The Enchantment Emporium by Tanya Huff This is the book!

message 27: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Cool!

message 28: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
I would totally be thrilled LoL!

message 29: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I sure was! :) I'd forgotten I'd even emailed the agent guy.

message 30: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
That same thing happened to me, an aurthor I liked was giving away a stack of bookmarks for her new book and I emailed her about it and a month later I got them but I had totally forgotten about it! LoL! So it happens....

message 31: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I can still remember the day I got my ARC of Mermaid's Mirror. That was the first and only ARC I've ever gotten, so I was ecstatic!

message 32: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
Your lucky you got that, I haven't gotten one.LoL! But I shall try harder, I haven't entered that many contests to be honest!

message 33: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I just contacted the publisher for mine. :) I know a lot of people say not to do that, but I thought what-the-heck, and I emailed them. I got a really nice response back and they were really helpful. But I think that was just luck, because I did that some other times afterward, and I never got responses, so I figured I just got lucky. :D

message 34: by No One (new)

No One (baka) ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Yeah i read the first one of Angel Sanctuary but the incest in it got to me. Am going to continue the series though as a friend told me it becomes less central to the story.

I read a couple of ..."

Yeah, there are people who doesn't like it. Though the story doesn't really evolve too much around them all the time. There's a lot more around it.

message 35: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
Well luck or not luck you got one!

message 36: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Yup, that's true. I should be grateful! :D

message 37: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
*smiles* I can't wait till Sleepless and Linger come out next week!!

message 38: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Oh yeah, I need to get Linger. Shiver's one of the books I need to finish! I always start books, but I almost never finish 'em, because another one comes out I'm excited about and start reading that one!

message 39: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
Tell me about it! I have that happen to me all the time, LoL! But fortunately it's different now, I make myself finish a book before I start another one.

message 40: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I'm going to try and start that, so maybe I can finally finish a book! :)
So, I think I made my final choice on Amazon. I'm thinking I'll get Radiant Darkness and Wicked Lovely (so I finally can start Ink Exchange)!

message 41: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
Oh, good choice!! I love the series! If you lived closer I'd just let you borrow all of mine for free! LoL!

message 42: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I know! You have the BEST taste in books! Oh, by the way, have you heard of the House of Night Fledgling Handbook coming out soon? The Fledgling Handbook 101

message 43: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
Why thank you!

Yes I have but I'm not going to get it.

message 44: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) You're not? I think I will, just because...well...it's House of Night. :) I really do like that series, but I just wish the authors wouldn't try so hard to make the teenagers sound cool. :)

message 45: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
LoL! Have to agree with you...you know supposedly there's going to be a movie about Marked.

message 46: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Oh yeah! I heard about that. They've already hired a guy to write the screenplay. Maybe he'll actually make the characters seem cool. It's pretty sad that my favorite characters in those books are actually the villains!
I'd rather see a movie about Vampire Academy. Richelle Mead posted on her blog that it's been optioned, but not to get our hopes up. I'd still like to see it.

message 47: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
I second that!

message 48: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 571 comments Mod
Heavenly (Heavenly, #1) by Jennifer Laurens This is the book I'm currently reading, it's good so far, anyone else read it?

message 49: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 21 comments Nope, but i jusst added it to my ever growing list lol

message 50: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 21 comments Is it very religious? I dont really like angel or demon books that are very religious

« previous 1