GodReads discussion

May I introduce myself?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:21PM) (new)

Martin Hello everyone.
I'm a writer, journalist and teacher, with a new author profile on goodreads. I've been a foreign correspondent and editor for the last 20 years and have recently branched out into fiction, with a suspense thriller inspired by alchemy, riddles, Jung and world religious traditions. I hoped it might be of interest to some of you.
It's not intended to be a run-of-the-mill thriller, nor a theological work, but rather a genre-busting, fresh reading experience for those who enjoy puzzles, games and a dab of strangeness with their entertainment and their religious or philosophical reading. The book is aimed at open-minded people of all, or no, religious persuasions, and draws on the Western esoteric tradition as well as Sufism, the secret alchemical work of Sir Isaac Newton, and other wisdom traditions. It is set partly in New York, and explores an array of responses to 9/11 and 7/7 -- fear and love, anger and forgiveness, violence and prayer.
It is called The Malice Box. If you are interested, an article on the origins and sources of the book can be found here: http://www.penguin.co.uk/nf/Au...

I look forward to taking part in the group's discussions whenever I can usefully contribute, and would be glad to talk about The Malice Box if anyone would like to.

Thanks

M

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 12, 2007 07:01AM) (new)

Have just put a hold on The Malice Box but it's showing "on order" in the library catalog so it might be awhile before I get to it. It sounds like an interesting read.

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (cmkeel) | 3 comments Hi, I just found this group and thought I would take the time to introduce myself.

I am a forty year old husband to a wonderful woman and the father of nine gorgeous children, ages 20 to 20 months. I've spent most of my adult life as a plumber/pipe-fitter, but suffered a life changing back injury in 1999. I had a successful two-level fusion with rods and screws inserted for stability, and was actually able to return to the trade, against my surgeons ardent disapproval. However, my folly was quickly evident and I made it for fifteen months before having to retire from the trade indefinitely.

Since, I have been disabled and my health has not been the best. In an attempt to enter a career that I could manage with my health limitations, I went back to college. Currently, I am an English and Literature major at Mountain State University via the Internet. I am in my senior year. Unfortunately, due to my health, I have had to take a break from school. Last semester I had some health issues that made the it very difficult to get through the semester. Consequently, I have decided to take a break for a bit in hopes that things will get better.

Once I graduate, I plan on continuing on and getting a M.Div and a MLS. Wake Forest Divinity School and UNC Greensboro have a dual degree program. I hope to be able to work in a Divinity School library. As you can imagine, I love religious books and religious periodicals. Besides my wife and children, books are my greatest passion.

I look forward to chatting in this group. It seems like a very good and diverse group and I look forward to discussing books and ideas with many of you.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) uhhhhh.... my name is Eclispe....Shay Eclispe