Magick Talks... discussion

Hello to all

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:21PM) (new)

Martin Hello everyone.
I'm a writer, journalist and teacher, with a new author profile on goodreads. I've been a foreign correspondent and editor for the last 20 years and have recently branched out into fiction, with a suspense thriller inspired by alchemy, riddles, Jung and esoteric religious traditions. I hoped it might be of interest to some of you.
It's not intended to be a run-of-the-mill thriller, nor a theological work, but rather a genre-busting, fresh reading experience for those who enjoy puzzles, games and a dab of strangeness with their entertainment and their religious or philosophical reading. The book is aimed at open-minded people of all, or no, religious persuasions, and draws on the Western esoteric tradition as well as Sufism, the secret alchemical work of Sir Isaac Newton, and other wisdom traditions. It is set partly in New York, and explores an array of responses to 9/11 and 7/7 -- fear and love, anger and forgiveness, violence and prayer.
It is called The Malice Box. If you are interested, an article on the origins and sources of the book can be found here: http://www.penguin.co.uk/nf/Au...

I look forward to taking part in the group's discussions whenever I can usefully contribute, and would be glad to talk about The Malice Box if anyone would like to.

Thanks

M

message 2: by Fredstrong (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Fredstrong | 4 comments Hello Martin, I just put your book on my Amazon Christmas wish list. I am into the Western Mystery Tradition on both a practical, and theoretical level. From your description, I'm thinking: Focault's Pendulum, Divinci Code, Rule of Four... Not to pigeon hole your book, I hope it is its own statement, but am i on the right track? I love this type of read! Freddy
P.S. The Penguin link is no longer valid.

message 3: by Martin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Martin Hi Freddy. Yes, you are on the right track, though I hope The Malice Box also has some things that those books don't. I very much hope you enjoy it, and thank you for pointing out the dud link. The correct link is:
http://www.penguin.co.uk/nf/Author/Au...

All the best

Martin