Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > Kick Ass Female

Comments Showing 1-50 of 159 (159 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Who is the best kick ass female?

Why?

message 2: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Rose ~ vampire academy
merit ~ chicagoland vampires
cat ~ night huntress

they r all amazing. i find that they r all very strong characters that wont take crap from anyone. i love strong female leads.

message 3: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Jul 08, 2010 11:44AM) (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
I love Merit from Chicargoland Vampires and Cat from Night Huntress.

These two are my joint favourite at the moment because they are strong and really look after themsleves but still care about people and are good people :)

message 4: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) you finished the friday night bites yet?

message 5: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) | 0 comments Cat! She's one hella girl :)

message 6: by Rei (new)

Rei Rose- vampire academy

She is strongwilled and cares for her duties and for heself. she faces reality as it comes and always shows her loyalty. besides who doesn't love a sassy, sarcastic girl who could kill you in a thousand different ways.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenlopez1283) | 55 comments I think Anita Blake is the strongest I have met, and I dont mean relationship wise, but just kick ass wise.

message 8: by Dija (new)

Dija Rose - VA (the best female character. ever.)
Cat - NH (she was unremarkable at first, but love her to bits now <3)
Faythe - Shifters (her love life aside, she's a definite badass)

message 9: by Felon (new)

Felon | 68 comments Cat just ripped the head off a ghoul! that's pretty kick ass

Xhex is pretty tough in BDB

message 10: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 104 comments If it can be outside of the PNR-UF genre, than probably my all time favourite would be Honor Harrington from the series of the same name be David Weber. She's kick-ass, real, caring...

In this genre...Dorina Basarab (love the attitude), Kate Daniels (she's real & love the attitude as well), and liking (although have only read the first book) Gin Blanco aka the Spider (knows what she wants and goes for it no matter who or what gets in her way). Also Jane Yellowrock. They all have attitude.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 2112 comments Cat from Nighthuntress series gets my vote! How can she not, especially when she says stuff like this....

"I think we need to have a little talk, woman to skank."

"I am going to knock the slut out of you. And that should take some doing, you uppity English tramp!"

Cat trips me out. She's a feisty little thing.

message 12: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) cat is tough and bad just the way i like her. i love her character!

message 13: by Xin (new)

Xin Li | 24 comments Cat from Night Huntress.
Rose from VA
and now Gin/Spider from Elemental Assassins

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 49 comments Kate Daniels - she definitely kicks ass, she's feisty, wise-cracking, more powerful than we know and fiercely protective of those she loves. Bonus - Curran! ;)

message 15: by Acacia_123 (new)

Acacia_123 | 12 comments Jennifer wrote: "I think Anita Blake is the strongest I have met, and I dont mean relationship wise, but just kick ass wise."

I agree! love her

message 16: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 28 comments Kate Daniels {Favorite kick ass chic}

Eve Dallas {Ok tied with Kate}

Gin Blanco {I think she's awesome}

Anita used to kick ass, but now she can't get off her back long enough...

message 17: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 2 comments Cat without a doubt is my favorite!
But I also love Kate Daniels (she is a smart ass), Rose (poor girl never gets a break),Anita (girl knows how to use a gun), Gin (the ultimate assasin), Faith from the shifter series (she throws a mean punch), and Tabitha from the Darkhunters ( she is not afraid of things that go bump in the night).

message 18: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 104 comments Erika wrote: "Kate Daniels {Favorite kick ass chic}

Anita used to kick ass, but now she can't get off her back long enough..."

OMG! I laughed so hard at that I snorted! It's so true though.

I can't remember if I've posted on this but I agree with both Kate Daniels and Gin Blanco plus love Jill Kismet as well (by Lilith Saintcrow).

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 2112 comments Erika wrote: "Kate Daniels {Favorite kick ass chic}

Eve Dallas {Ok tied with Kate}

Great choices, Erica.

message 20: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin Kate Daniels is definitely my favourite!

message 21: by Rafaela (new)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 16 comments I love Kate Daniels, what's Eve Dallas and Gin Blanco from?

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (baroness7) Mariya wrote: "Rose ~ vampire academy
merit ~ chicagoland vampires
cat ~ night huntress

they r all amazing. i find that they r all very strong characters that wont take crap from anyone. i love strong female..."

Totally agree with you Mariya and add Kate Daniels as well.

message 23: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) oh, yes. and kate daniels of course.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Rafaela wrote: "I love Kate Daniels, what's Eve Dallas and Gin Blanco from?"

I think Eve is from the In Death series. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

message 25: by Shannon (last edited Sep 07, 2010 05:25AM) (new)

Shannon C. Another vote for Kate Daniels [by Ilona Andrews]--she's my top fav when it comes to kick b*tt female characters! Best sword arm around, plus I love those power words...very cool! I also love her snarky humor as well as her loyalty, courage and intelligence. Oh, and I also love Curran!!!

Dorina Basarab [by Karen Chance] is another great kick b*utt gal introduced in a new series. I like her a lot also. She's an amazing fighter. I like her wise-cracking humor, loyalty to her best friend, intelligence, perseverance, and how we sometimes see her softer side (eg, wishing for what she thinks she can't have).

And of course I can't forget Cat [by Jeaniene Frost]! Great kick b*tt gal, love the romance she has with Bones. Most of the books have good humor.

message 26: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. Stacia wrote: "Rafaela wrote: "I love Kate Daniels, what's Eve Dallas and Gin Blanco from?"

I think Eve is from the In Death series. Someone correct me if I'm wrong."

Yes Eve is from the In Death series by JD Robb. It's a good futuristic cop series.

Gin Blanco is in the new urban fantasy Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep. I read the first one and liked it.

message 27: by Irene (new)

Irene Hollimon | 50 comments Anita Blake she kicks ass and gets laid. sex, sex, SEX she must have callouses on her twat. She talks about guns and cute guys
Followed a close second by Jill Kismet. She doesn't get laid as much but she kicks some serious ass.

message 28: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (baroness7) And who can can forget Katniss Everdeen (although not sure she would be in a "romance" genre, but kick-ass none-the less)

message 29: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laurele) | 2 comments some of the ones you haven't mentioned are mira from the dark days novels by Jocelyn drake and joanna archer from the signs of the zodiac. these are a couple of my favorite kick ass heroines and can't wait for the next books to come out :)

message 30: by Rafaela (new)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 16 comments I just started reading Spiders's Bite with Gin Blanco. It's great! Thanks!

message 31: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (baroness7) Irene wrote: "Followed a close second by Jill Kismet. She doesn't get laid as much b..."

What series is Jill from?

message 32: by Mariya (last edited Sep 13, 2010 03:02PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) the Jill Kismet series by Lilith Saintcrow

message 33: by Colette (new)

Colette | 15 comments I think Amy from the Dark Hunter series ends up being pretty badass. And Katra too.

Also Mercy Thompson, Merry Gentry, and Sookie Stackhouse(but only in the books)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Dani from Fever series.

message 35: by Emmy (new)

Emmy Cat for sure! She is my fave! Also Merit, Joanna Archer and Rachel Morgan are notable kick ass females.

message 36: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) I am a big fan of Kate Daniels.

message 37: by Krista (new)

Krista  | 142 comments Riley is badass from Riley Jenson Guardian series!

message 38: by Betelgeuze (new)

Betelgeuze | 69 comments Lily Yu from Eileen Wilk's Lupi series. She's definitely badass. But she's also very rational and competent. And although se has magic she mainly used her brain to solve crime. I also like that she is very honourable and loyal. There's just more depth to her character than there's in many other female characters, who can be somewhat stereotypical.

message 39: by Tara (new)

Tara (tarar) | 2 comments Anita used to kick ass, but now she can't get off her back long enough..."

LMAO!!! I used to love Anita as well but the series has unfortunatley gone off the deep end. Thanks for giving me a full-on-laugh attack!

message 40: by Alethea (new)

Alethea (amallia) Cat from Night Huntress Series (Jeaniene Frost)
Eugenie Markham from Dark Swan Series (Richelled Mead)
Cassandra Palmer from the Cassandra Palmer Series (Karen Chance)
Rose from Vampire Academy (Richelle Mead)
Yelena from The Study Series (Maria V Snyder)
Katsa from the Seven Kingdom's Trilogy (Kristen Cashore)
Dorina Basarb from the Dorina Basarab Series (Karen Chance)

They all are fighters with interesting personalities and most struggle to gain and keep gaining their power. I love all of these book series and would recommend them to anyone.

message 41: by Sara (new)

Sara Durham (SDurham) | 19 comments I'm new to some of these authors. Sorry to be dense but who is Kate Daniels?:)

Sara

message 42: by Betelgeuze (new)

Betelgeuze | 69 comments Kate Daniels. Very good UF series, great characters and an original magic system.

message 43: by Sara (new)

Sara Durham (SDurham) | 19 comments Thank you Betelgeuze,

I'll put her on my to read list.

Sara

message 44: by Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov (last edited Apr 05, 2011 01:40PM) (new)

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) | 86 comments Cat...Night Huntress
Tabitha...Dark-Hunter
Faythe...Shifters
Mac and Dani...Fever
Eugenie...Dark Swan
Rose...Vampire Academy
Tayla, Gem and Sin...Demonica

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Cat from Night Huntress
Mac from Fever series
Akasha and Claudia from Vampire Chronicles

message 46: by Angela (last edited Jun 09, 2011 01:27AM) (new)

Angela (angieerickson) | 164 comments Here are my TOP Kick Ass Female Characters...
...although I'm sure there are many more.

CAT from Night Huntress
EUGENIE from Dark Swan
ELENA from Guild Hunter
GIN from Elemental Assassin
AISLING from Aisling Grey: Guardian Series
MERCY from Mercy Thompson

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) Rose from Vampire academy has to be the most kick ass,
or cat from Night huntress. they've both been trained the best, and both challenge the hardest, fastest and strongest "villains" and still come out on top. :)

message 48: by Amber (new)

Amber | 4 comments Buffy will always be my fav.
After her, I would say Silver from Vampires Rule. It's a book that I know not many people have heard of, but I just read it. Silver can kick serious werewolf butt. lol

message 49: by Madison (new)

Madison (madison2626) | 14 comments Gin from Elemental Assassin
Cat from Night Huntress
Mercy from Mercy Thompson
Katefrom Kate Daniels
Raylene from Bloodshot
Jane from Jane Yellowrock
Xhex , Bella from BDB
Pandora from New Tales of the Vampires
Eve Dallas from In Death
Elise, Renata, Jenna from The Midnight Breed

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) Gin and Mercy are pretty awesome as well :)

« previous 1 3 4