Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

THE MOVIE?!?!?!?!

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Do we trust the director to give us a good movie? there hav been some really crapy harry potter movies in the past but this one is truly every thing but i hav a few questions
-what scenes do you think mite be cut?
-what is your fav scene?
-and where do you think the first movie will stop?

Denise Roper I have lots to say about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2 on my blog at http://phoenixweasley.wordpress.com.

Black Queen I like how they keep the same cast in the movie and the book.

Sarah I was infuriated with the Horrucrux locket destroying scene. My nine year old cousin was watching! I don't mind PG-13 for violence/disturbing images (in fact I love it), but THIS?! Now there are rumors around IMDb that they suspect the next one would be rated R, which is so sad considering the books were written for a 9-12 age range.

Alyssa yes but its they fact that there wat 17 18 years old and that is what ron feared the most losing herminoe to harry and plus they mad it about as pg13 as they could without changing the scence to much

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Sarah. I loved the movie but, really, there was No Point of having a have nude scene.
Favorite scene=When hermionie and Harry danced together!

Alyssa yes there was a point in having that scene because people complain that they leave to much out and becuase this is how the book went you dont want it in now that they made it like the book you guys are such hiprocrates!

Sarah I'd be fine with them kissing, but the book never said anything about nudity in that part. It was NOT how the book went... If it was I'd shut up and stop complaining but JKR wrote it for children, and that scene just wasn't appropriate.

Really there wasn't a point in having the dancing scene, but I kind of liked it... Funny.....

I nearly died of laughter watching Dan Radcliffe in a bra. XD

Alyssa and techncally u cant say she wrote it for kids has she ever said that? and ill check but im pretty sure it is nude in the book

Sarah I'm not saying that the books only appeal to children, I'm just saying they are appropriate for children... She is a children's author.... And her books are in the kid's section.... I just think that scene was really unecessary. Wouldn't it be enough for them to just kiss???

And I double checked the book after I saw the movie just to make sure. It never said anything about nudity.

Alyssa yes but it never said no nudity either and it described them as like trees and that would be like in their natural form so techncally it could go either way

Alyssa plus u cant say shes a childrens author since she has only wrote the hp series and any other book has been with multiple authors or just another author

Alyssa or the books are hp related like about the wizarding sports and beatle the bard

Mandy  Harmon Sarah wrote: "I was infuriated with the Horrucrux locket destroying scene. My nine year old cousin was watching! I don't mind PG-13 for violence/disturbing images (in fact I love it), but THIS?! Now there are ru..."

UGH! I know! I was so ticked! Grrrrr.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay. You're intitled to your opinion. I get that. But, honestly somethings we don't need. Like that.

Sarah Emily XxXxHarry potter FanxXxX wrote: "Okay. You're intitled to your opinion. I get that. But, honestly somethings we don't need. Like that."

Agreed.

Megan Part 1 was disappointing. I hope part 2 is an improvement!!

message 18: by Eric (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric yes. Although I still liked the first one.

-hainekhen- Movie for book six sucks. I mean of all the part that they have to cut they choose to cut the battle at the tower?!so lame..I just wish that they won't cut or change anything in the final battle..I might use avada kedabra on them..hahaha

message 20: by Jb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jb I have seen the movie, compared to other books that were made into movies it was good otherwise it was just fine. The best Harry Potter movie was this(the 7th). Though I forget the tower battle?

message 21: by Becky (new)

Becky i like how they still have all the people they had from the first one. Except Dumbledore... i don't like the new dumbledore that they had in the 3rd movie... he was weird

message 22: by June (new) - rated it 5 stars

June I don't like how he puts a ponytail in his beard and wears his hat sideways. He is weird.

Grace In the next movie I hope they DON'T cut the whole Snape/Lily Potter thing: It makes you like Snape, and he was the one everyone loved to hate in all the previous books. Love that. :)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

YES!! i will be furious if they cut the snape and lily friendship deal!! it makes you love him!!

message 25: by drew (new)

drew Movie make books look demented.

Janeen-san Becky wrote: "i like how they still have all the people they had from the first one. Except Dumbledore... i don't like the new dumbledore that they had in the 3rd movie... he was weird"

I know! He didn't look like Dumbledore at ALL! :S

-Athina- yeah..but they HAD to pick a new dumbledore, 'cause the first one died...