Green Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Previous Book Clubs > Our Summer Book Club 2010

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M (last edited Jul 04, 2010 02:42PM) (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 337 comments The major themes of the Summer book club are Water (oceans, rivers, seas), Biodiversity (species) and more generally Natural History, Botany and all your suggestions about books with environmental topics in all genres. From Contemporary to Classic authors, I hope you'll enjoy this new seasonal book club

Paradise Under Glass: An Amateur Creates a Conservatory Garden is the book's winner for our July book club

Although we have organized a second poll's votes for our Summer Book Club 2010, we don't have a book's winner for August 2010. So, we'll start our August book club discussions with the 5 books voted by the members.

Thanks again for all your great suggestions and votes.

Happy Birthday to The United States !

message 2: by Larry (new)

Larry (hal9000i) Sounds interesting! I doubt our library has it though!

message 3: by M (last edited Jul 11, 2010 08:59PM) (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 337 comments Paradise Under Glass An Amateur Creates a Conservatory Garden by Ruth Kassinger is a book for people who like gardening and enjoy it. If you'd like to learn more about gardening and plants than just do the gardening, this is a perfect reading!
Here's a review of the book from NYTimes. It will be interesting to discuss and share some good and funny thoughts about plants and gardening with José. He's the member of the group who has suggested it to us for the summer book club.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/17/boo...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.