You Debate, We De Sharks discussion

Today's Issues > Grammar

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments O.o People on a sight that you'd expect would be full of literate people, who practice proper grammar, isn't. What the heck is that about?

message 2: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments because it is hard to reach the apostrophe on the keyboard.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments wow, omg, youre so rite!!! i shud starttt typin lyk tis rite//

Oh goshhs, it hurt my brain to type that. >>.<<

message 4: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments No but when i am chatting on here i don't use apostrophes in my contractions.

message 5: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Neither do I especially when I'm on my phone. My spelling is terrible but I don't use text talk ( with the exception of lol, kk, and gtg).

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments I don't hold that against you, but some people take it too far and then I have to rip my hair out. O.O

I'm not saying my grammar is always perfect, but does it really hurt to capitalize proper nouns, and does it hurt to spell out you? I mean, really? I hate to read comments that are like that. >.< Takes me longer to figure out what they are saying.

message 7: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Its okay in moderation.

message 8: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Proper nouns are hard to capitalize on phones.

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments *Twitches* I hate bad grammar! DX

message 10: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Lol...we know air!!!!

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Fyopiagdt the CIA Pirate wrote: "Proper nouns are hard to capitalize on phones."

I don't blame you then, you are exempt from my wrath.

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Hehe, invisible sky monster. XD

message 13: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments .............

message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Sorry, I'm reading comments, I like Xox and his Zombie Jesus. XD

message 15: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments what????

message 16: by Emily (last edited Jul 03, 2010 10:25PM) (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Yeah, because he came back from the dead, he's a zombie., XD I laugh so hard reading these comments. Religious nut jobs. XD

message 17: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments where are these comments???

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments On the other debate group, definitely not here.

message 19: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments O......how can you even put up with Xox........he is the entire reason why i quit that group......

message 20: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments I don't post there, I just read. So, I don't really put up with it, it just entertains me slightly. I have a sick sense of humor. :P

message 21: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments yeah me too...I laughed the whole way through twilight.

message 22: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments XD Nice, same here. Hehe, invisible sky monster! ^O^

I should probably stop reading comments and go to sleep...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I dont get what the big deal is. its easier, and faster writing like "dis"

message 24: by Aquanetta (new)

Aquanetta (frightening) | 31 comments Grammer is just something to help with communications.

message 25: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments uNiKue wrote: "I dont get what the big deal is. its easier, and faster writing like "dis""

It's harder to read. Does it really matter if it's faster? Sorry, but it makes you seem stupid, like you don't even know how to spell right. My Head Voice and I groan when we see posts written like "dat."

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

i disagree. i dont find it harder to read. and yes, it matters if its faster, it depends on what type of typer you are. and okay, you might think someone seems stupid, but who cares if they spell like that? its not an english essay, its on the internet. im really good at english, yet i write like that. and you might groan but i dont care :P

message 27: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) I think bad grammar and spelling is annoying. Some things I'm okay with (like, I have a bad habit using "cuz" instead of "because"), but no capitalization, bad spelling, symbols instead of letters... it really does make a person look kinda stupid.

I don't want to offend anyone who does this, but I'm being honest. It comes across like you don't care what you're talking about, because you have to type the easiest/fastest way. Most web browsers have an automatic spell check, and I make sure to pay attention to that. It only takes a few seconds to fix the spelling. And it being "just the internet" isn't a good excuse. You should practice good grammar everywhere.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

how does it come out that you dont care about what your talking about. example " my mom died wen i waz about 7 yrs old, i got sent 2 da orpanage...."
and excuse? its like its something really wrong the way u guys go on about it.
in protest, i will now write da way i want to.

message 29: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) Yeah, it seems like they don't care because they won't take the time to type a few extra letters. Who cares if it's faster?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

urgh, who cares if it's like that. and it seems like they dont care. wow, SHALLOW! and so what?

message 31: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) How is that shallow? That's just how it comes across. It's hard to figure out what a person is really like on the internet.