Betsy-Tacy discussion

Other books

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Anybody have a view on some other books centering on various characters (ie Winona's Pony Cart, Carney's House Party, or Emily of Deep Valley)? I enjoyed Carney's House party.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily of Deep Valley was the first Lovelace book I read and shall always be my favorite. It is an extremely well crafted book about a very believable and human character and comes full circle in the end.

message 3: by CmPete (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:27PM) (new)

CmPete Tucker | 5 comments I adore Carney. I knew her, and Betsy was a strong supporting character. But I NEVER liked Emily (till it was re-published and I was in my 40's). I was in the 'WHERE IS BETSY' camp. As a kid, I didn't CARE about Emily - after all, I didn't KNOW her... her crowd (cousin and Don) were just RUDE (I was fond of Grandpa tho!) I spent too much time looking for Betsy to enjoy Emily.

Winona was very meh...

message 4: by Kelly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Kelly | 3 comments Love Emily, love Carney. Could probably do without Winona's Pony Cart. I'm not even sure if I own a copy (shameful, I know.)

message 5: by Allison (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Allison | 3 comments I absolutely adore Carney, like Emily, and am somewhat lukewarm about Winona's Pony Cart. I have a fond memory of reading Winona's Pony Cart when I visited the Library of Congress years ago, though! The book was out of print at the time, so that was the only way I knew how to get ahold of it. :)

message 6: by Wendy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Wendy | 6 comments I was prepared to be disappointed by WPC, after so many people told me it was not great or just OK... so I went in thinking it would be dull. Partway through I called my sister and said "THIS IS GOOD!" Which just goes to show you... mediocre Lovelace is still better than a lot of stuff that's out there.