Stephen King Fans discussion

Four Past Midnight
This topic is about Four Past Midnight
Short Stories & Collections > The Sun Dog (FourPastMidnight)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2572 comments Mod
Discuss story here!

Felina I really enjoyed this story. It sent me doing a google search on ghosts in photos which turned up that ghost clip from Three Men and a Baby, so I ended up freaked out and avoiding window hangings for a few days.

Its funny how dated the Sun 660 made this story. Does anybody even remember using film cameras? ha ha

Felina I think there was a reference to Cujo in this story. It was actually a spoiler reference and I thought that was weird.

Elena | 50 comments This one was my least favorite of the four. It just didn't keep me interested as much as the others.

And yes Felina, you are right about the Cujo spoiler.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh, this story. What was King thinking? I guess, coming off of The Library Policeman, just about anything would seem less-than, but really, this was just no good for me.

Jenny | 22 comments I loved The Sun Dog. Funny how we're all different.

Jenny:)

Nilofer (nilofers) | 83 comments I also loved it, the characters I thought were well-thought out and well-rounded, and the gradual increase in terror really worked for me.

Malloryk0422 | 5 comments Creepy! I was so freaked out when I read it!

Anna | 64 comments This was an OK story, I got into it but it really didn't hold my interest too much. Not my favorite from the book.

message 10: by Neen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neen | 13 comments I'm currently reading this.. I like it.. but does anyone know why he keeps spelling 'pictures' as 'pitchers'? Has anyone else even noticed this... there's a paragraph he says it at least 4 times.

message 11: by Nick (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nick | 16 comments Neen wrote: "I'm currently reading this.. I like it.. but does anyone know why he keeps spelling 'pictures' as 'pitchers'? Has anyone else even noticed this... there's a paragraph he says it at least 4 times."

I think it's to capture Pop's accent. SK often writes in the Maine lingo, ex. "ayup"

message 12: by Neen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neen | 13 comments Haha yeah I started to get that the more of the story I read, just usually when he shows accents he will spell it funny, it just threw me because he used another word for it that means something else. I liked the story overall though, the ending was a bit strange..

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 609 comments Just finished this one for the third time, and I have to say I still love it. I also liked getting to go back and visit Castle Rock again.