SciFi and Fantasy eBook Club discussion

July Book Discussions > The Dragon Keeper - Initial Discussion *no spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So, Two questions - what are your first thoughts on the book and would you like to be the discussion leader? :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't read this yet, but I have a question? Where/how does this fit with her Farseer and Liveship trilogies?

message 3: by Charles (new)

Charles (nogdog) Note that the Kindle version starts at the Prologue, but there is a page or 2 of a letter before that plus a list of characters before that.

~ Posted from my Kindle. :-)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm about 4% into it - had spare time in a Dr's waiting room - but I'm glad I know about the letter now so I can go back and read it firstest.

message 5: by Tuttle (new)

Tuttle (tuttleturtle) | 9 comments Cool, I already have this book because it was free. I'll go move it from my "unread" collection to my "reading" collection along with my books from the kindleboards book club, and start up on those as soon as I finish my current book :).

message 6: by Carey (new)

Carey Bostwick (carebear11) | 40 comments Geoffrey wrote: "So, Two questions - what are your first thoughts on the book and would you like to be the discussion leader? :)"

This book is the first of a trilogy. It starts after the last Liveship Traders book with the dragons hatching. I plan to read this book soon since I have been looking forward it. I love Robin Hobb; her characters are very realistic.

message 7: by Charles (new)

Charles (nogdog) I am curious if the characters, locations and situations as this book starts are familiar to those who have read the earlier series. At 10% in I do not feel lost, but I do feel a bit as if I started in the middle of the story.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I have the same feeling, Charles. I'm in the middle of a continuing story, I'm curious about the earlier trilogy but at the same time I don't necessarily feel I needed to have read them in order to keep up.

message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnahr) I think I will give this one a pass because I'm headed out of town for a few weeks. I'll jump back in later.

message 10: by Charles (new)

Charles (nogdog) At this point (about 22%), I'm not sure I'm going to finish this. No character has really caught my interest, many are annoying me, and it's just dragging along. I wasn't crazy about Hobbs's characters in the Assassin series, either, but there was at least a bit more going on that kept my interest. But this ... is ... so ... slow.

message 11: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Alley (traceya) Sorry guys I've more or less missed the past few weeks - busy with final edits of my new book. I'll try and catch the next book
Cheers,
Trace

message 12: by Lyndl (new)

Lyndl | 27 comments I think it really does help if you've read the Liveship books. Not necessary, but helpful.