One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

M - P > ***Meghan's 1M Pages***

Comments Showing 1-50 of 236 (236 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Jul 11, 2010 11:05PM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I have read a ton of books this year but I don't remember them all. Most of the ones that I remember were from when I bought my nook a month and a half ago. Where I really started going into my reading spree again.

Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern (192) 6/5/2010
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer (178) 6/7/2010
The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber (416) 5/30/2010
A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber (400) 6/21/2010
Dakota Born by Debbie Macomber (378)
Dakota Home by Debbie Macomber (376) 5/11/2010
Always Dakota by Debbie Macomber (384) 5/18/2010
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (498)
Buffalo Valley by Debbie Macomber (259) 6/11/2010
The Gold Mine: A Novel of Lean Turnaround by Freddy Balle (360) 7/5/2010
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (563) 7/8/2010
Vision in White by Nora Roberts
Total: 4329

I am reading Violet Eyes: A Retelling of the "Princess and the Pea" and will add to list shortly

message 2: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments My runner will make it to the other end of the beach soon!!!!

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela B | 400 comments good luck :) Mine is running reallllly slow :)O

message 4: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL! We'll all get there, even the one's that don't read as fast as others, aka Angela and me! :)

Great starting list Meghan!

message 5: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Yay!!! It is still running

message 6: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Keep on running!!!

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL! Def!

Is this your first time reading the Twilight series, or are you rereading?

message 8: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Definitely re-reading the series for about the 3rd time at least! Absolutely love it...the 3rd is my favorite though. I will be joining the Breaking Dawn Buddy Read later this month.

message 10: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Meghan wrote: "Definitely re-reading the series for about the 3rd time at least! Absolutely love it...the 3rd is my favorite though. I will be joining the Breaking Dawn Buddy Read later this month."

That's great! I love Eclipse as well. I have only read all of the books once each, except Eclipse, which I've read twice. Glad that you'll be participating with us! :D

message 11: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Now on to reading Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer and The Wild Orchid A Retelling of "The Ballad of Mulan" by Cameron Dokey

message 12: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Happy reading, Meghan!

message 13: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Finished The Wild Orchid A Retelling of "The Ballad of Mulan" by Cameron Dokey now will be reading The Diamond Secret A Retelling of "Anastasia" (Once Upon a Time) by Suzanne Weyn or Dracula by Bram Stoker

message 14: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Sep 28, 2010 01:59AM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Books On My Nook That Aren't Read

I will add and cross out as I go but right now Barnes & Noble is giving the opportunity to get about 12 free Classics every week until about mid-September so it is already quickly growing. I have read some of them before too. If anyone has any suggestions from this list that I should start reading right away, please let me know.

Number of Books Completed: 4
Completed, Currently Reading , To Read
1. Dracula
2. Little Women
3. Pride and Prejudice
4. The Host
5. The Diamond Secret: A Retelling of "Anastasia"
6. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass
7. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
8. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
9. The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
10. Peter Pan
11. The Secret Garden
12. Tarzan of the Apes
13. The Call of the Wild / White Fang
14. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
15. Treasure Island
16. The Wind in the Willows
17. Hannah's List
18. Beowulf: A New Verse Translation
19. Cyrano de Bergerac
20. Emma
21. Ivanhoe
22. Pygmalion and Three Other Plays
23. The Hunchback of Notre-Dame
24. The Last of the Mohicans
25. The Phantom of the Opera
26. The Three Musketeers
27. The War of the Worlds
28. Sense and Sensibility
29. Water Song: A Retelling of "The Frog Prince"
30. Darkfever
31. Beauty Sleep: A Retelling of "Sleeping Beauty"
32. My Antonia
33. Northanger Abbey
34. Mansfield Park
35. Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire; Daughters of Darkness; Spellbinder
36. Wuthering Heights
37. Wives and Daughters
38. A Room With a View
39. Les Liaisons Dangereuses
40. Persuasion
41. Jane Eyre
42. Anna Karenina
43. The Age of Innocence
44. Babbitt
45. Candide
46. Lady Chatterley's Lover
47. Leaves of Grass
48. Madame Bovary
49. Moll Flanders
50. Sons and Lovers
51. The Jungle
52. The Metamorphosis and Other Stories
53. The Scarlet Letter
54. Uncle Tom's Cabin
55. Women in Love
56. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
57. Ethan Frome and Other Short Fiction
58. This Side of Paradise
59. The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson
60. Les Misérables
61. Tess of the D'Urbervilles
62. The Beautiful and Damned
63. The Life of Charlotte Brontë
64. Agnes Grey
65. The Wings of the Dove
66. Sister Carrie
67. Sentimental Education
68. Maggie: A Girl of the Streets
69. Vanity Fair
70. The Voyage Out
71. Villette
72. Main Street
73. Night And Day
74. O Pioneers!
75. The Portrait of a Lady
76. Far from the Madding Crowd
77. The House of Mirth
78. Daisy Miller and Washington Square
79. Nana
80. Bleak House
81. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

message 15: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Sep 07, 2010 04:14PM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments ***August***
Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer by Stephenie Meyer (756) 8/2/10
Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber by Debbie Macomber (400) 8/6/2010
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling by J.K. Rowling (309) 8/27/2010
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson by Stieg Larsson (426) 8/30/2010

Total: 8006

message 16: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I am currently reading Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber and if anyone has any suggestions from my list please let me know.

message 17: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I noticed you like Jane Austen. I happen to be a fan myself. I don't know what kind of suggestions you are looking for? I have one Elizabeth Aston has written a series that are the sequel to Pride and Prejudice. The title is Mr. Darcy's Daughter. I haven't read it yet.

message 18: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I was thinking more from my own list, but I will look into that book. Thanks.

message 19: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Ok Finished Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber and will be starting The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson and Dracula by Bram Stoker

message 20: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Aug 10, 2010 07:34AM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Ok so I thought I wouldn't really get into Dracula by Bram Stoker ...not normally a book I would read. But it is soooo good. Really creepy! I even am getting weird dreams about it if it is the last book I am reading before bed!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson is also very good. It is a little more slow moving, but I am intrigued to see what happens...murder is on the foot!

message 21: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 94 comments How many pages are you at now? Your last page count was 7,271 but you finished Hannah's List. We are about the same pages wise. :) I hope you can get your 10K goal by next month!

message 22: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I am to 7271 with Hannah's List! But right now I am reading 3 books. Dracula, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone. They have 433, 426, and 309 pages respectively. Which would put me at approx. 8400 if I can ever finish them. Haha got to read the first two faster! Harry Potter is going quick though.

message 23: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 94 comments That's great! :) I think you can def. reach your goal! Especially if you have more books that have in pages the 400's. It's a good way to get more pages in! You'll have to tell me how Dracula and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo are. Obviously I've heard of Dracula and seen the movies but I've never read the book before.

message 24: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments good luck and how is dracula? i just watched the movie yesturday and it was good

message 25: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I have never seen the movie. It was intriguing for the first 5 chapters because you get to see Dracula. Now I am in chapter 9 and it has changed to the setting in England. There are still a lot of pages for me to read (only at about 140 or so). There is a creepy edge in these chapters too but you have no idea where it is coming from...if you get what I mean.

message 26: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments it sounds good since i havent had a good scary book in a long time

message 27: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Haha Dracula isn't my normal type of book...I usually read nice "fluffy" books. Which right now I am reading a few not so "fluffy" books which is why it is taking me longer. Especially since this week I worked 54 hrs and for a while will be doing 60 hr work weeks. So I feel like I should have been done with these books forever ago.

message 28: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I will look into The Exorcist. Because I heard the movie/s were good.

message 29: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments Meghan: u have inspired me to read dracula which i have out from the library right now. thanks :)

message 30: by Shay (new)

Shay | 862 comments Heather wrote: "Meghan: u have inspired me to read dracula which i have out from the library right now. thanks :)"

You should set up a buddy read. Always better to read with other people, especially classics. You get more out of it and people can motivate you. Might be a good time because it's one of the free classics this week (ebook) at B & N. So, a lot of people, like me, have probably downloaded it intending to read it later.

message 31: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I so would Shay but I am about 1/2 way through it already :( I would put it off but I really want to try finish it this month. I haven't finished anything since the 6th.

message 32: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments YAY! I finally finished a book. Now time to whip through GWTDT

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments which one?

message 34: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone I want to re-read them all before the last movie hits theaters. Because I am weird like that.

message 35: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Shay wrote: "Heather wrote: "Meghan: u have inspired me to read dracula which i have out from the library right now. thanks :)"

You should set up a buddy read. Always better to read with other people, especial..."

Shay the next book I pick out a classic which my list is still growing but it won't let me put on anymore new ones (too many characters). I will definitely set up a Buddy Read as long as it is cool with Z and Elyssa.

message 37: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Sep 28, 2010 02:01AM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments ***September***
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins by Suzanne Collins (267) 9/7/2010
Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins by Suzanne Collins (275) 9/13/2010
Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins by Suzanne Collins (288) 9/18/2010
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling by J.K. Rowling (341) 9/25/2010
Water Song by Suzanne Weyn by Suzanne Weyn (145) 9/28/2010

Total: 9322

message 38: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Finished The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins and now onto Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins and of course still reading Dracula by Bram Stoker

message 39: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Sep 12, 2010 07:25PM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I am almost done with Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins about 25 more pages left. I like this one a lot better than The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins which was too predictable for my liking. It should hopefully be finished sometime tonight or tomorrow sometime. Then I will work through Dracula by Bram Stoker a little more and start up Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins . Plus I have also added in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling when my nook is dying.

message 40: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 94 comments This is an awesome list Meghan! I love how you have some seasonal books! What's your page count now? It's got to be over 9K now.

message 41: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Not yet! I do not have nearly enough time to read with working 50+ hours a week. But I am will be done with Mockingjay probably tonight or tomorrow! And starting another book shortly after that.

message 42: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Sep 25, 2010 09:27PM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Yay! Over 9K and about halfway through another book! If I finish the 3 I am reading right now I will be over 10K! Now better get to reading my three
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Dracula by Bram Stoker Water Song by Suzanne Weyn

message 43: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Oct 10, 2010 11:13AM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I finished Water Song by Suzanne Weyn and will now start with the VR for October Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh and still reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling and Dracula by Bram Stoker

message 45: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I have found myself planning for several months ahead as well. Hopefully we will both benefit from our lists! Good Luck

message 46: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Oct 31, 2010 07:34AM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments ***October 2010***

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling by J.K. Rowling (435) 10/4/2010
Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh by Kelly Creagh (373) 10/16/2010
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling by J.K. Rowling (734) 10/31/2010)

Total: 10864

message 47: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Yes!!! I finally passed 10K!!!!

message 48: by Kjerstin (new)

Kjerstin (kjerstinkaye) | 80 comments Great job, Meghan!

message 49: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Congrats, Meghan!

« previous 1 3 4 5