Think Galactic discussion

Laurell K Hamilton

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:20PM) (new)

Tanya P (starburn24) Has anyone in the group read the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton? It sounds like it fits perfectly the description of the group!

If you're picking it up, I highly recommend going in order - the first book is Guilty Pleasures.

message 2: by Wealhtheow (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Wealhtheow | 36 comments The first few books feature a strong heroine who has some serious principles, and I like the world (in which vampires, weres and psychics are common knowledge but operate as ill-trusted minorities). If LKH had chosen to explore her world in the subsequent novels, I'd like them a lot more. Instead, Hamilton started using the various supernatural powers in the books as excuses to get Anita to A)wear pretty outfits and B)have lots of not-very-consual sex. By the last few novels, Anita is literally raping her friends. Soooo...there's a lot of discussion that could happen about LKH, but the books are so lazily written after the first few that I'd prefer to do book group discussions on layered stuff like Ryman or Marks.