Comic Books discussion

thoughts on hulk?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments i've read that it was good and my brother tells me he's heard rave reviews, so once again it is up to the comic book group to post your thoughts. i neither liked nor disliked the ang lee one (what were people expecting), and think that the new one will be along the same lines.

post what you can

message 2: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (flooby) | 15 comments I haven't been to see the Hulk yet. That's waiting until after next week's vacation.

I've never been a big fan of the Hulk as a character and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Ang Lee's take on the character. I know comics fans by and large hated it but I thought it was fun.

This version looks to be good as well, which will be another pleasant surprise if that turns out to be true.

message 3: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) I’m not a big fan of the Hulk, although I liked him as as Joe Fixit. I hated the Ang Lee movie. I’m sorry but the gamma-irradiated poodle was a little much for me. I’m looking forward to this next movie, though. It looks good.

Also, can anyone give me their opinion of The Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine? I know it may never get finished, but it looked pretty promising.

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments never read ultimate hulk v wolverine, but i hear good things about planet hulk and world war hulk...

message 5: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) I saw the movie this weekend. It was pretty good. I didn’t catch everything, because my son was asking me questions throughout, but I liked it. And the last scene is very cool – it foretells great things to come.

I’ve also heard good things about World War Hulk and Planet Hulk, but I’m way too cheap to buy them. I depend on the local library to deliver my comic book fix, and while it is pretty good, they don’t have everything.

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments of the hulk-related trade paperbacks that have been out for awhile (and i have read, hehe), the ultimates comes to mind, as well as marvel zombies. although he is not the main character in either, he does some pretty cool stuff in both.

message 7: by Tom (new)

Tom Troutman Planet Hulk is without a doubt worth picking up. Its kind of like an intergalatic take on Gladiator. World War Hulk is also solid. If you already havent,I would def seek out Hulk-Grey by Loeb/Sale.

I saw the Hulk movie opening weekend and didnt like it at all. The friends I went with also shared the sentiment, so I feel safe to say I wasnt just being a hater. I have a fairly low tolerance for bad CGI in movies and the Hulk looked like a shiny play-doh XBox render. The only part of the movie I really enjoyed was the cameo by a slice of pizza. Everyone loves pizza.

Marvel Zombies is awesome. I believe the MZ 2 trade is due out soon.

message 8: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments hahaha...not sure if i can agree with "everyone loves pizza". i have actually met who do not love pizza (i am just as surprised as you are, hehe), but i assure you i am not, and never will be one of them.

i believe you correct that the MZ2 tpb is out soon or maybe even out already (i think ive seen at comic shop/borders recently)

message 9: by Tom (new)

Tom Troutman I stepped in my local comic shop this morning and waded through the sea of Pokemon card game playing kids, brushing past the odd Squirtle holding 35 year old, and scooped up the Marvel Zombies 2 hardcover. I read through it immediately and there is some satisfying Hulk action in there. Solid book with some great comic relief from Hawkeye and Colonel America.

Recent rumors say a possible Spiderman VS. Marvel Zombies game in the works. Sounds promising, but I would rather have a Marvel Zombies vs Capcom 2-D fighter though.

message 10: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments thats good to hear. haven't really read/heard anything about MZ2, so i will definitely check it out.

as far as the rumored MZ game, i like the "... v capcom" games, but fighters have never been my fave. i would love capcom go back to its 80s/90s roots and make a great beat em up with same movelists from the V capcom series. i think that would be awesome!

btw, has anybody read hulk: gray. i am a fan of the loeb/sale combo, but haven't read any of their marvel stuff.

message 11: by Tom (new)

Tom Troutman Hulk Grey is essential. I think Ive read all of the Loeb/Sale books. Spiderman-Blue, Daredevil Yellow, Superman for All Seasons. I really enjoy them because they are all origin/early years stories with that super stylized Sale art.

If anyone is on Xbox live, feel free to send me a friend request. Gamertag is xxTumexx

message 12: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments oh ok cool; will defintely check them out

message 13: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (flooby) | 15 comments Finally saw the new Hulk movie. I enjoyed it and was amused by how many homages I saw to the television show in this one. I liked Ang Lee's Hulk movie but thought Edward Norton was a much better choice to play Bruce Banner than Eric Bana. He's got the perfect nerdy look.

Overall an enjoyable superhero flick.