Terminalcoffee discussion

Rants / Debates (Serious) > Should strippers/strip clubs get BP Compensation Money?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Apparently some strip clubs are a hurtin' because oil workers can't afford to patronize the establishments:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpps/news/stri...

What do you think?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

How do you legitimately make claims when so much of the transactions are in cash. They should be able to at least put in a claim, and hopefully have their day in court so to speak for the losses that they are claiming, that they paid taxes on in the past.

I agree Barb, BP should pay through the teeth, and I hope that the outrage over what they did doesn't die down as soon as they get the well to stop pumping oil.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) If the oil spill puts a kid's lemonade stand out of business, BP should pay. There are no words to express my fury over this whole mess.

message 4: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11667 comments If the other workers are being made whole via payments from BP, won't they continue frequenting the hookers & such? The money will still flow downstream.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yeah. no double dipping Candy Zeppelins or Victoria Trixxx !!!!

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17337 comments Mod
hookers and pole dancing in this thread too? do we have to amend the TC inevitables to now list cheese, poop, strippers and hookers?

message 7: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11667 comments Please try not to mention strippers and poop in the same sentence. It's unsettling.

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17337 comments Mod
But hookers and poop, that's ok.

(cause they can charge more for that)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Um, no Sally lets not combine those two either.

message 10: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments at least there are no hookers and strippers in the expert advice thread.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24279 comments Mod
I agree with Barb and Mary.

Make BP - and every other company related to the oil drilling business - realize what a huge fucking mistake it is to cut corners and shortchange safety measures. Make them PAY.

There was news today that the SEC is investigating insider trading at BP right after the disaster. Charming people.

message 12: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yes but should people who don't really deserve any money (not saying these strippers don't...) get any of it? "making them pay" shouldn't mean a free for all with claims. that would just muddy up the waters (so to speak)and make some legit claims harder to process. i got a spam email yesterday that had a header that read "Do You Deserve Compensation For The Oil Spill?" it was a net thrown out trying to gather more fish for a class action suit against BP. i live in IN. maybe i deserve some $$ because the oil spill has taken some of my precious time in thinking and hearing about it so much. BP owes me

message 13: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24279 comments Mod
No, certainly there shouldn't be a free-for-all regarding claims. But if any legitimate business lost money due to BP, BP needs to suffer for that.