SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
And Now, a Word From Our Sponsor > Letter to New Members

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Jun 13, 2022 01:09PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments WELCOME TO THE GROUP!
I’m happy you’re here. It’s reassuring to know we are not alone in our series addiction. ☺

I understand that joining a group can be a little overwhelming at first. There are lots of folders and discussion threads. Not to mention challenges, games, polls and group reads.

So, where do you begin?

First things first, Introduce yourself here and then dive on in, the books are plentiful, the chat is friendly, most times, LOL funny and the recommendations never stop!

Please take our "Thanks for joining us" poll and let us know how you found us.

You might also want to stop by our 'Getting to Know You' folder where you can share some information about yourself and check out what you may have in common with other members.

Stop by Folder 411 for a quick look at what can be found in each folder.

Love Challenges? You'll find many here ranging from 1 month - 1 year in duration. Have some questions about challenges? Check out Challenges 101 for a listing of all challenges (ongoing and completed).

How about Team Challenges? We are the proud birthplace of Bookshelf Bingo (BSB). It's a fun team challenge that runs for months. BSB offers a great way to not only meet others who share your love for series, but also find new books to read and series to begin. Check out our BookShelf Bingo folder to learn more about the challenge. And, if you'd like to receive a private message (PM) alert when a new round is about to start, please join SOS' Bookshelf Bingo Alerts Group.

We also host Book of the Month, Yearly Series Reads, a Read-a-thon, and Buddy Reads! One book a month is voted by members as our book of the month . Similarly, one series is voted to be our series read each year. In September of each year, we host a 24-hour Read-a-thon . Members are also encouraged to invite others to join them in a buddy read and share their thoughts with us.

What to Read Next? Check out our BEST OF lists and book/series recommendations or share yours!

A Fan of Freebies? Some of our members graciously share links to current free reads at Amazon and other sellers .

It may take awhile before you feel “caught up”. I recommend you start with what interests you most and skim through the posts. Eventually you’ll get a feel for who’s who and what we’re all about. Jump in anytime! We’re happy you’re here and look forward to chatting with you!

Remember: Anyone can create a thread. If you don’t see something you’d like to chat about, just find the folder, start the tread and watch it grow!

If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please let me know. You can always send me a private message, if you’d prefer.

Thanks for “answering my S.O.S”,
Steph

message 2: by Will (new)

Will Granger | 8 comments Hello,

I am the author of a new YA series, and I have been a member of your group for several weeks, but, to be honest, I haven't spent much time here yet. Can you please tell me if there is something I can do to have my series added to your groups' listing? Also, can you please explain how the Fictfact website works and whether I should add something there?
Thanks,
Will Granger
Will Granger

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Hi, Will! Welcome to the group! You are welcome to add your series books to our bookshelves by clicking here. And/or you can create a discussions thread in our New Release folder (if they're fairly new) or our Book Recommendations folder (where you can recommend them to people who enjoy YA fantasy reads).

FictFact is very user friendly. Once you create an account and sign in, you can add series to your account (those you've read, want to read, etc). If you'd like to have them add your series to their series lists, click on "recommend - author, books, and/or series to enter your information. The owners are very helpful.

I hope that helps!

message 4: by Will (last edited Jun 08, 2011 11:46AM) (new)

Will Granger | 8 comments Thanks Steph,

I look forward to participating in this group and getting to know everyone.

Will

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments You're welcome. We look forward to chatting with you.

message 6: by Tami (new)

Tami Just an FYI- the link to introduce yourself (the one that says "Introduce yourself here...") doesn't work right now.
But, I've already seen that thread. I should maybe consider adding to it, and introducing myself at some point, though.

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments Hi Tami!!!!

message 8: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Thanks for the head's up, Tami. I'll double check the links and fix them.

Welcome to the group!

message 9: by Tami (new)

Tami Hi Cindy!

message 10: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Bout (nancybout) | 7 comments Im going to get the June Book now and start that series...THanks!
I already read 2 in BDB series that starts in July(Loved them lol):) But off to B&N.COM and get that ebook!Yay!

message 11: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Fun series' to get going on! Have fun shopping!

message 12: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments Can someone explain to me how to get the book cover links to post in my posts? Does that make any sense? Like if I am post in the currently reading thread instead of typing out the name of the book I can put a clickable book cover instead.

message 13: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Hi, Christina. To insert a cover image into your post, click on the "add book/author" link above the comment box. You can search by book title or author or even series name. When you find the one you want, select "cover" or "link", then add to post it in your comment.

COVER: Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

LINK: Magic Bites

The info in the links (for link or cover) are the same except one says [book*cover:Magic Bites|38619] and the other just says [book*:Magic Bites|38619] minus the * though. ;)

Hope that helps!

message 14: by PM (new)

PM (personalmiracle) | 5 comments Hi! Megan recommended this group to me on my "Please List Complete or Nearly Complete Series" thread over on the Paranormal Romance group. I am very excited to find this as I have a great aversion to waiting years to know what happens....

message 15: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Hello, PM! Welcome to the group! Lots of info on series, so enjoy poking around!

Some members have shared info on completed series on All Good Things Must Come to an End, but Why?

message 16: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Welcome, PM!

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Tempted By Books (michelletemptedbybooks) Hi everyone, just found your group can't wait to poke around.

message 18: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Welcome Michelle :)

message 19: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Hi Michelle, and Welcome!!

message 20: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Hiya, Michelle!

message 21: by Adele (new)

Adele Symonds (adelesymonds) | 83 comments Hi all, just gonna pop over to introduce myself

message 22: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Hi, Adele! Welcome! :D

message 23: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Welcome Helen ;)

message 24: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Welcome, Helen! Thanks for joining us.

message 25: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashysass) Just wanted to say hello :) Can't wait to find more series to add to my to-read list!

message 26: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Hi, Ashley! Welcome. You are sure to find more 'round here. :D

message 27: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2513 comments Hello.
I'm new to this group, but not to goodreads. I know a few people on here.
I am a challenge addict...and I don't think this group will help with that (LOL).
Anyway, I plan to enjoy myself here.

message 28: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Welcome Ezinwanyi! Challenge addicts very welcome here :)

message 29: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Love it! Welcome, Ezinwanyi! Glad to have ya.

message 30: by Michelle (new)

Michelle McKinney (owlshelle) HI my name is Michelle and I am looking forward to get to know everyone and do some challenges :)

message 31: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (last edited Oct 14, 2012 05:06AM) (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Hi Michelle! Welcome to SOS, we're friendly and we love challengers!

message 32: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2513 comments Hi Michelle, I'm new too

message 33: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Hi, Michelle! Welcome!

message 34: by Heather (new)

Heather | 4 comments Hi guys, new to the group. Off the frolic around!

message 35: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Welcome to the group Heather! Hope you found some good stuff ;)

message 36: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Welcome, Heather!

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmadedtired) | 1 comments Hi everyone I'm Emma! Everytime I tell myself to read a different genre for a change, I brows my kindle or GR's and think oh! that looks good and I'm reading another paranormal series again, I've lost count how many I have on the go!

message 38: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Welcome Emma! I've read many genres over the years and I can't keep away from pnr and urban fantasy at the moment.

message 39: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Hi, Emma - Welcome!

message 40: by Christine (new)

Christine | 1 comments Hello everyone! I'm Christine. I just found your group and can't wait to join in on the fun :)

message 41: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Welcome, Christine!

message 42: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Welcome Christine!

message 43: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (currch) | 1 comments Hi I'm Charlene, looking forward to getting lots of new recs

message 44: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Hi I'm Cheyenne.

message 45: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Hi *waves* to Charlene & Cheyenne!! Welcome to the group :)

message 46: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Welcome Charlene & Cheyenne! :D

message 47: by Rosalin (new)

Rosalin (roxy25) | 1 comments Haloo, I am Rosalin. Just joined and looking for good series to read here :D

message 48: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Hi Rosalin! Welcome! I'm sure you'll find lots of new series to read. Feel free to poke around and jump in anywhere at anytime. :)

message 49: by Ella (new)

Ella (achikgodzilla) | 5 comments hello, Ella from Malaysia. Anybody interested in being my pen pal. do private message me ur address. the long handed letter are in edge of extinction ( is it correct spell) sorry if it is off topic.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Magic Bites (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Will Granger (other topics)