SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Book of the Month > BOM: Comments & Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Jul 01, 2010 08:27PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments If you have any comments or suggestions regarding the BOM group reads, this is the spot!

Please note: Participation in the BOM group read is not a requirement of the group, fun only!

Currently, the monthly polls selecting the group's BOM is open to all members, regardless of whether you will be joining in the group read or not. The members who voted for the winning book, and any others interested in participating, are encouraged to join in the group discussion.

message 2: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Steph, you do know you've got July instead of Aug on the big 'currently reading' thing at the top of the site?

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments I do. I was thinking about it and figured since we're discussing the book in Aug, we'd read it July, yah? I don't know! LOL! Were you planning on reading it in July or August?

message 4: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments I've ordered the book and I just checked, BD is saying its been dispatched. So I'll probably have it in about a week - 10 days. So I could do it in July. What about everyone else?

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Jul 02, 2010 08:17PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments I don't even have my copy yet. *shame*

Yes, please, help a mod out. :) LOL! What's everyone think ... read in July and discuss in Aug or read and discuss in Aug?

message 6: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments I've decided to leave the group's BOM "read" dates as July 1-31, but everyone can read it at their own pace, whenever they get their hands on it and we can all discuss it from 1 August until ....

message 7: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Good idea Steph :)

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber (crazyaboutbooks) | 499 comments totally agree with the both of you...if that's of any help???

message 9: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments LOL Amber! No, you can't agree with us both, ya silly goose! Unless of course it's to agree with Sandra that my comment was a good idea. LOL! :D

message 10: by Barb (new)

Barb | 28 comments For February, how about Shadowfever? I think it's release date is sometime in January.

message 11: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Sounds good, Barb. I know a lot of people are chopping at the bit for that one.

Since it's a January release, we'd read it in March. We pick/read two months after release to give people a chance to get the book and read it. If you read it sooner, you're always welcome to still stop by to chat about it.

I'll try to remember to add that one to our poll for March's BOM. Thanks for the suggestion.

message 12: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments Both River Marked River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs and Archangel's Consort Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh are scheduled to be released next week. Since that's the last week of January, should I suggest them for April instead of March? I'm looking forward to both of these.

message 13: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments River Marked is showing expected release date as 1 March.

Archangel's Consort is actually already being processed according to BD.

message 14: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Great suggestions, Daffodil. I'm looking forward to both as well. We try to pick books that were released two months prior, to give everyone a chance to get the book.

So, the 2011 schedule would run like this -
Jan BOM - released in November
Feb BOM - released in December
Mar BOM - released in January
and so on ....

I'll most definitely list both of those in the poll for March (those released this month) and May (those released in March). :D

message 15: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments I'd like to suggest Visions of Magic (Awakening, #1) by Regan Hastings . Someone over on RRRC read it and I thought it looked interesting. It was a February 1 release.

message 16: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments You're right Daffodil, it does look interesting, so I've just ordered it. Thanks for the tip.

message 17: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Thanks, Daffodil! That sounds good. I've downloaded the preview here @ GR to check it out. I have it on my wishlist.

I'll add it to the next BOM poll for April. Thanks for the suggestion!

PREVIEW LINK: http://www.goodreads.com/ebooks/downl...

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I know we're all booked up until May, but I note that the 2011 RITA and GH finalists have just come out, and it might be fun to choose a book off one of those two lists? For maybe later in the year, and just to see what all the fuss is about. I love me my PNR, but am up for reading any of them.

message 19: by Christina (AKA Babbling) (last edited Mar 31, 2011 04:33AM) (new)

Christina (AKA Babbling) (babblingbookreviews) | 1241 comments Moss wrote: "I know we're all booked up until May, but I note that the 2011 RITA and GH finalists have just come out, and it might be fun to choose a book off one of those two lists? For maybe later in the year..."

Funny you should mention the RITAs. I discovered that I had a good number of unread nominees from last year's and this year's crops. I decided to make it a personal challenge to read all that I currently have by March 2012. There are several that have "supernatural" elements. :-)

EDITED TO ADD: That's just the books I haven't read. There were a few more that I had either read (Unchained by Sharon Ashwood) or books in series that I'm nowhere near ready to read (the In Death books, for example).

message 20: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Somehow I missed your comment here, Moss & Christina. But, that's a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll pull poll selections for our next BOM from the RITA list. :)

LINK TO LIST: http://www.rwa.org/cs/2011_rita_and_g...

Christina (AKA Babbling) (babblingbookreviews) | 1241 comments No problem. We know you're busy. :D (Darn bingo players, always demanding stamps, pestering you for the next shelf ;-))

message 22: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments LOL! :D Love it though b/c it seems like everyone's enjoying the game.

message 23: by Christina (AKA Babbling) (last edited Apr 05, 2011 04:05AM) (new)

Christina (AKA Babbling) (babblingbookreviews) | 1241 comments I thinks so, too. I know I am.

Re: polling the RITAs for BOM. That should be interesting. I think a few might even fit for the Dark Side, yes?

message 24: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments I'm glad! :)

I think so, yeah. I'm in the process of picking out the ones with paranormal bits. :)

Christina (AKA Babbling) (babblingbookreviews) | 1241 comments :D You make it sound like you're "discarding" the paranormals -- like picking the onions off pizza because you don't like them (not you personally, just in general).

message 26: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments LOL! Yeah, it does sound like that's what I meant. Not the case though, this time I'm pickin' out the ones to keep vs. toss. ;)

message 27: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments LOL!

"So, what would you like on your para-pizza tonight, ma'am?"

Hmmm...I'm in the mood for a para-supreme, heavy on the vamps, with a hot hunk of any variety, too.

message 28: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments LOL! ;)

Christina (AKA Babbling) (babblingbookreviews) | 1241 comments Oh, waiter! There's a angel feather on my pizza. I specifically said "no angels"!

message 30: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments ROFLMAO!

message 31: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments LMAO!! Ya'll are too funny!

message 32: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stevie | 5 comments Babbling AKA Christina wrote: "Oh, waiter! There's a angel feather on my pizza. I specifically said "no angels"!"

Steph wrote: "LMAO!! Ya'll are too funny!"

But I like Dark Angels!!!

message 33: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stevie | 5 comments Oooo, What about Dark Angels!

message 34: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Dark angels are good. ;) But, feathers in your pizza, ick. LOL!

message 35: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23891 comments Steph, the covers look really good! Great thinking!

message 36: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Oh, thanks. I needed a spot where I could quickly see what we've read so far. :)

message 37: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments I like it, too! VERY NICE!!!

message 38: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29054 comments Thanks :)