European Royalty discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
European Royalty Nominations > Aug 15 - Sept 15: Nominating

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara W (last edited Jun 27, 2010 03:42PM) (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments ***GROUP READ FROM THE PAST***

Okay everyone, it's that time of the month - time to nominate! Anyone who would like to nominate ONE book may do so in this thread.

The theme this month is GROUP READ FROM THE PAST. That's right - we are revisiting an oldie but goodie! The choices from past reads (which have not been read within the last year) are:

The Rose of York Love and War by Sandra Worth

Innocent Traitor A Novel of Lady Jane Grey by Alison Weir

Catherine the Great Love Sex and Power by Virginia Rounding

The Lady Elizabeth A Novel by Alison Weir

The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon Kay Penman

The Concubine A Novel by Norah Lofts

The Last Queen A Novel of Juana la Loca by C.W. Gortner

Mistress of the Vatican The True Story of Olimpia Maidalchini The Secret Female Pope by Eleanor Herman

The Kitchen Boy A Novel of the Last Tsar by Robert Alexander

Katherine by Anya Seton

Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman

Courtesan A Novel by Diane Haeger

The Conqueror by Georgette Heyer

The Princes of Ireland by Edward Rutherfurd

When Christ and His Saints Slept by Sharon Kay Penman

Feel free to nominate one book from the above list in this thread until July 1st, 9pm Eastern.

At around that time, I'll make a voting poll and list all the nominated books in it, and people can vote in the poll until the poll closes (around end of July 6th). Discussion can start on AUGUST 15th.

Happy Nominating!

message 2: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments FYI - the reason a few of the books have author links instead of book links is because the book links were linking to unrelated books for some reason.

message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina Fun! So many good choices--hard to narrow it down to just one nomination. . . but here goes--I'll nominate When Christ and His Saints Slept by Sharon Kay Penman

message 4: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments I'm on a Russian kick so I'll nominate The Kitchen Boy.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

when christ and his saints slepts or innocent traitor because i have a copy of both of these!

message 6: by Terry (new)

Terry | 11 comments I would like to nominate Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman. It is one on my TBR pile that I would like to get to soon.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Roper (fig_and_thistle_books) All of these sound fabulous, but I'll nominate The Lady Elizabeth by Alison Weir.

message 8: by Jemidar (new)

Jemidar I'd like to nominate The Conqueror by Georgette Heyer.

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (sema4dogz) | 143 comments I would love it to be Norah Lofts, The Concubine

message 10: by ladywallingford (new)

ladywallingford Katherine by: Anya Seton, but just because it's in my To Read file. I would be happy with anything by SKP.

And also, hello (waving a bit sheepishly). I am officially de-lurking myself. I haven't really had a moment to do a proper intro post lately...so again, hello all!

message 11: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments I nominate The Last Queen, by Gortner.
LOVED it :)

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura I would like to nominate The Road to Avalon by Joan Wolf.

message 13: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments ladywallingford wrote: "Katherine by: Anya Seton, but just because it's in my To Read file. I would be happy with anything by SKP.

And also, hello (waving a bit sheepishly). I am officially de-lurking myself. I haven..."

Hello ladywallingford! Welcome to the wonderful world of posts! (wasn't there a wonderful world of sports??? ABC maybe?) Glad to have your participation!

message 14: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Laura wrote: "I would like to nominate The Road to Avalon by Joan Wolf."

Hi Laura, for this nominating round, we are nominating from books we have previously read as a group read (limited to the books listed in the first post above - I know, it might seem a bit odd for long time group members, but it seemed like a fun idea to revisit some past favorites every now and then). Would you like to nominate a book from the list above?

The Road to Avalon is a great selection, so next month I'll create a topic that it will work for so it can be nominated then.

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura Sara, in this case I prefer to participate in the next nomination poll.

message 16: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Laura wrote: "Sara, in this case I prefer to participate in the next nomination poll."

Ok, no problem!

message 17: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellyhollenbeck) | 12 comments I nominate The Concubinebecause I have it on my "to read" list. I was just getting ready to order it from my library.

message 18: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Nominating is closed! Time to vote! Lots of great choices!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.