The Bookshelf discussion

Food for Kristayln's House

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina | 18 comments Mod
Any ideas for a food theme? Haha I just thought of a black person's food because of the book. That's awful to say I think, so what fried chicken, mash potatoes, cole slaw... why does that sound gross to me?

message 2: by Kristalyn (new)

Kristalyn | 28 comments Mod
Ok, that's just plain wrong. Made me laugh out loud that you actually said it though. I'm open for anything - we could certainly do Southern cuisine, which would go with the theme. I'm thinking BBQ (veggie burgers work too), potato salad, corn on the cob, watermelon...it's a summer-ish menu too. Any other ideas?

message 3: by Monique (new)

Monique (lsgharley1) | 13 comments Mod
Southern food sounds great! I'll make a peach cobbler for dessert and an entree (TBA). :)

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 13 comments Mod
Ok i just had flash backs of the south!...lol...but southern food sounds great! i can bring some fried chicken & rolls ... just let me know if that works.

message 5: by Kristalyn (new)

Fried chicken, rolls, and peach cobbler sounds GREAT!!! I'll take care of a fruit salad (watermelon included, of course), drinks, and corn on the cob.

Christina - I know you can't eat chicken so what would you like for a veggie option?

message 6: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 12 comments Mod
I'll bring a macaroni salad...oh and beer too! mmmmmmm fried chicken! and if Christina doesn't like it she's SOL!!! j/k

message 7: by Christina (new)

Hi ya'll -- ya'll like my southern drawl? Ok so Imma bring a veggie plate, beer, a veggie burger for me so I won't be SOL (Lucky you included the j/k in the SOL or you woulda had a bookclub bitch fight on your hands..j/k wait no j/k lets have a southern bookclub fight!)and fresh fruit. So thats all the healthy stuff yep thats me!

message 8: by Kristalyn (new)

I was planning to bring fresh fruit...but I guess I called it fruit salad - oops! I meant a bunch of fruit cut up. Do you still want to bring it or do you want me to get it? I can bring something else too.

message 9: by Christina (new)

Just bring your dam fruit Kris it better be good geesh jk jk jk love you I will bring something else :) dunno yet it'll have to be a surprise.

message 10: by Kristalyn (new)

K- I'll bring it and of course it's gonna be good. It's gonna be the best fruit you've ever had!