Q & A with Stacey Wallace Benefiel discussion

Beta readers

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Benefiel (staceyhowland) | 14 comments Mod
I'm going to need some beta readers for Glimmer come the end of August. If you've read Glimpse and are interested in giving me your thoughts on Glimmer, here's the place to let me know.

message 2: by Claret (new)

Claret | 2 comments Oooh, oooh, I will.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (roses7184) Me me me! Although I think you already knew I'd say that :). LOVED Glimpse. In fact I'm writing up some interview questions for you tomorrow!

message 4: by Stacey (new)

Stacey wrote: "I'm going to need some beta readers for Glimmer come the end of August. If you've read Glimpse and are interested in giving me your thoughts on Glimmer, here's the place to let me know."

Claret, I was already planning on sending it to you, but didn't want to mess with you all's school schedule. Now I see that will not be a problem. LOL :)

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Jessica, I'll definitely put you on the list. When does your school start? In Oregon we don't start until the second week of September, maybe it's the same in CA too?

LOL, I've planned this for a super busy time for people. Always so convenient. Ha!

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (roses7184) I'm no longer in school Stacey so I'm free whenever you need me :). I work AT a school, but that never really cuts into my reading time. Just let me know!

message 7: by Stacey (new)

Jessica wrote: "I'm no longer in school Stacey so I'm free whenever you need me :). I work AT a school, but that never really cuts into my reading time. Just let me know!"

Oh yeah, I knew you worked at a school- I was just thinking you might being going to grad school. :) But that takes a while to get together. Duh.

message 8: by jeanne (new)

jeanne (jeannoula) | 2 comments I'd certainly be interested! I am bringing Glimpse to my book club next month to give to another girl. I hope to talk some other girls in the group to read it as well!!

message 9: by Stacey (new)

jeanne wrote: "I'd certainly be interested! I am bringing Glimpse to my book club next month to give to another girl. I hope to talk some other girls in the group to read it as well!!"

I will put you on the list! Thanks for recommending it at your book club. I put your review on my website. I used the name Jeanne Cooke. Is that correct or are you a three namer like me? :)

message 10: by jeanne (new)

jeanne (jeannoula) | 2 comments Yep. Just Cooke. One of the reasons I married my hubby was to get rid of 'Thalhuber' - it was, surprisingly, too hard for most to pronounce, plus it was at the end of the alphabet and I was sick of being last for everything - ha ha! I am actually giving 'Glimpse to a friend of mine tomorrow to read before our next book club (she loves YA and when I told her about it she got very excited). Now I just have to get her on Goodreads to rate it!

message 11: by Stacey (new)

Yeah, I had it pretty easy with Wallace, but I here ya about being last for everything. I was older when I got married, so I just slapped Rob's last name onto mine. The kid's will benefit from having a beginning of the alphabet last name.

My OB's last name is Ogryzlo (Oh-grizz-Lo) and she said the sad thing was she couldn't change her name when she got married because her husband's last name was worse than hers! She never has told me what it was-must be awful! LOL

message 12: by Claret (new)

Claret | 2 comments Well, my last name was Esah and I was glad to rid of it until I announced my engagement to one of my professors and she said, "Lewis? How boring."

Anyway, I start school next Monday (Aug 16) but I am not a teacher so I am completely done when the school bell rings. I like to read in the evenings, anyway.

message 13: by Stacey (new)

Okay beta readers-Glimmer has been through two rounds of typo edits and I'll be getting it ready to send to you all tomorrow!

message 14: by Stacey (new)

Howdy, betas! It will be October on Friday and that means I'm going to start editing and formatting Glimmer. Please get your comments back to me, if you haven't already. Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your taking the time to read Glimmer.

Stacey