Unputdownables Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wallace (new)

Wallace | 303 comments Mod
I haven't read a thriller since Christopher Pike when I was younger, but I LOVED his books (they are YA thriller, I guess). This was one of my favorites...
Remember Me by Christopher Pike Remember Me

message 2: by Zoe (last edited Jun 26, 2010 10:30AM) (new)

Zoe | 113 comments Heartsick (Gretchen Lowell, #1) by Chelsea Cain Heartsick
This is the first book in a trilogy. The first two are great! I'm waiting on the third.

Horns by Joe Hill Horns

message 3: by Raymond (new)

Raymond (byraymondarturo) | 16 comments I second the Heartsick. :D Good stuff.

message 4: by Nadia (new)

Nadia A (bagambo) Wallace, I loved Christopher Pike! I used to read all of those books when I was in middle school and the beginning of high school. I loved them! I even read some L. J. Smith - she wrote the Vampire Diaries books. Fun stuff! Does thriller include horror type of reads like Stephen King? I loved The Stand! That was an awesome book. I even enjoyed his last book, Under The Dome.

message 5: by Wallace (new)

I'm horrible with telling the difference between the two... they are both scary to me, haha!

message 6: by Raymond (new)

Raymond (byraymondarturo) | 16 comments Nadia wrote: "Wallace, I loved Christopher Pike! I used to read all of those books when I was in middle school and the beginning of high school. I loved them! I even read some L. J. Smith - she wrote the Vampire..."

I've heard endless amounts of people say The Stand is the top notch when talking about horror/apocalypse/thriller books. I have to get my hands on that book sometime in the NEAR future.

message 7: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 113 comments Stephen King is one of my favorite authors and The Stand is my favorite of his books! I also especially loved The Talismanand The Tommyknockers. Horns, the book I recommended above, was written by Stephen King's son. He is an amazing author, too.

message 8: by Wallace (new)

Zoe wrote: "Stephen King is one of my favorite authors and The Stand is my favorite of his books! I also especially loved The Talismanand The Tommyknockers. Horns, the book I recomm..."

Oh my gosh, I didn't know Stephen King's son was a writer too. That's cool.

message 9: by Nadia (new)

Nadia A (bagambo) Like Wallace, I didn't know King's son was a writer. Awesome! And The Tommyknockers is a good book, too! I also enjoyed It and Pet Cemetery - creepy!

message 10: by Shelli (new)

Shelli Let the Right One In...I just finished this one...I guess it might also be the horror genre, but I'm not a big horror reader and I really liked this. The parts that were gorey...were gross and disturbing...but there is also a really good story here....it was a great read for October.

message 11: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 113 comments Just added Let the Right One In to my TBR! I want to see the movie too (Let Me In). Looks good!

message 12: by Shelli (new)

Shelli Zoe...I actually ordered my book from amazon and it was Let Me In!