Every one's Choice discussion

Books > June - The Zahir

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (new)

Molly (mollystoddart) Anyone reading The Zahir this month?? I just started last night, and am enjoying so far.

message 2: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 3116 comments Mod
I am starting it next week! I will let you know my thoughts as I go along.

message 3: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

I love the hands!!!

message 4: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

How?? I have the iPhone teach me!!

message 5: by Molly (new)

Molly (mollystoddart) Oh man - so far behind! This is more like a June/July book for me :)

message 6: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments Molly I am way behind on my group reads; I just started this one today.

message 7: by Molly (new)

Molly (mollystoddart) I finished today and really enjoyed the book. Another good one from Coelho. I love that his stories are so touching and intimate but also have bigger sweeping philosophical ideas too.

message 8: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

It is 3rd on my list! After Wedlock and my First reads win I will start it!

message 9: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

So far I am loving it. It is very close to his personal life. As I mentioned before, I won a copy of his bio before I read any of his books so now I can compare. He has such a way with words.

message 10: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments Really, I may have to just buy his bio from amazon as you speak so highly of it. I am glad you are loving the book so far! He does have a way with words; as I said before if I had half his talent...

message 11: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

I keep thinking if I should put it up on Swap or not. I really liked it and I don't want to give it up! I let someone borrow it once and that wasn't so bad because I knew I would get it back LOL

message 12: by Colleen (last edited Aug 20, 2010 10:52PM) (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments I am defs not putting mine up for swap. I really want a friend of mine to read it but I have lost books in the past by loaning them out so I am wary.

What part are you reading right now?

message 13: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

I just got to Ariadne's Thread. I am flying through this. I would have been done over the weekend but I actually got a sitter for Sat. night and me and the hubby went out!

message 14: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments I flew through the book too, it's so amazing. Horray for going out, date nights are the best!

message 15: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

We had a curfew but still had fun LOL

message 16: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments That's great, what did you guys do?

message 17: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

My bro in laws band was playing out on a pier/resturant so we hung around there for a bit.

message 18: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments Nice, sounds like a fun date night!

message 19: by Sunila (last edited Sep 09, 2010 01:03PM) (new)

Sunila V. (nilimasaurus) I have read too many of Paulo Coelho's to get away with saying that I don't like his writing. But in my defense, I keep reading him because the topics he picks up to write on are really good & besides, his books aren't too taxing on my time. The Zahir, like the rest of his books is his typical over the top dose of self pity & drama. And I lived through it to tell you this. *smirk*

message 20: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

Well said!