Peninsula Reads Audrey Niffenegger discussion

Writing Styles

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (kelseyb) | 10 comments Mod
I've noticed so far that the style of writing in this novel is completely different than I am used to so I thought it would be nice to see what you thought about it. At first I found it difficult to understand but, after a while I picked it up pretty well. Because it is written in first person, the novel is divided between Henry's and Clare's viewpoint. This enables the reader an insight into the detailed emotions, feelings, thoughts and experiences of each main character.

message 2: by Katya (new)

Katya | 3 comments thats great! yeah, it seems like i always stick to the same style of writing everytime i pick a book, so this should be a good opportunity to stray from that.

your a creep. "this enables the reader an insight into the detailed emotions, feelings, thoughts and experiences of each main character?"

haha all right..

message 3: by Kelsey (new)

Katya your a beast and you know you love me :P

message 4: by Katya (new)

Katya | 3 comments ditto :)

have a super duper summer!

message 5: by Zadka (new)

Zadka | 4 comments AHHHH I am in love with this book!!! I stayed up all night reading it. I really like getting the view of what both characters are thinking, i find that books written in 3rd person are much easier to understand because you can always relate with the character. I also really like all the science put into the book and it often leaves me pondering about how henry's time traveling works.

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Hee hee Melody can't handle a little secret book talk? JK!! I know what your talking about but it's till a pretty good book. Just wait until you get a little further in!

message 7: by Zadka (new)

Zadka | 4 comments i find that lately adult novels have a lot of vulgar, you just have to get used to it and grow up a bit.

message 8: by Kelsey (new)

Good point Zadka, but with the involvement of vulgar language and sexual writing styles in almost everything we read today I think many authors just try to keep the pace with things and feel that without it the story just isn't that good.

message 9: by Zadka (new)

Zadka | 4 comments haha ya i agree kelsey